PDA

View Full Version : PTO Rising Sun QC

Emile
December 2nd, 2011, 22:23
Hello,
I have tried several "Time of day" in the QC and Locations available.
It seams always "black night".
How to fly during day light?
Thanks in advance

HouseHobbit
December 2nd, 2011, 22:26
Set the time to fly at Night, this will give you daylight..
Strange as this sounds..

Opposite side of the world, and CFS3 Game engine is set to GMT..

Emile
December 3rd, 2011, 05:43
Hello Owen,

I did not think about that , you are right it works ..
Thanks a lot:salute:

wsmwsm
December 3rd, 2011, 06:52
I think if you set the game to afternoon, you get night. If you set it to anything else, you get daylight.

I've never understood, however, why dawn and dusk are not available (in PTO and Korea) even if they are reversed. Perhaps one of the gurus here can explain that tidbit. Even though the game is set to GMT, wouldn't other times be available even in inverse order?

Emile
December 3rd, 2011, 22:09
Hi,
On my system after testing QC
Dawn = day light
Morning = night
Afternoon = night
Dusk = day light
Night = day light

rbp71854
December 4th, 2011, 02:31
Pearl time 2011 -11hrs GMT

Pearl time 1941 -10.5hrs GMT

For setting up missions this works.

Haven't found out what time is considered dawn, morning, afternoon, night or dusk for quick combat. Any case it is hardcoded and can't seem to find any way to trick the sim.

Bob

KellyB
December 4th, 2011, 04:37
Is it a matter of how "smart" QC is compared to missions?
For example, the labels for friendly airfields and other friendly facilities show up as enemy colors in their labels in QC.

It seems that QC doesn't take advantage of the full library of effects and other stuff. Just get flying and shooting.

FireStorm II
December 4th, 2011, 08:59
Kelly,

" the labels for friendly airfields and other friendly facilities show up as enemy colors in their labels in QC "

Yup, this is standard CFS3, only your home airbase is friendly, and is not changed for any Expansion. I think QC should be using the all the effects available, though ?

Happy Flying!