PDA

View Full Version : National Museum of the US Air force virtual tour

HouseHobbit
December 1st, 2011, 10:42
Hi all here is the link for the US Air Force Museum's Virtual Tour.. Very cool..

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123280990

GT182
December 2nd, 2011, 09:54
That is the one museum I'd love to visit. They'd throw me out tho, as I'd want to climb in every aircraft there to be with the ghosts that flew them all those years ago....... especially all the WWII aircraft.

stormtrooper271
December 2nd, 2011, 15:40
That is the one museum I'd love to visit. They'd throw me out tho, as I'd want to climb in every aircraft there to be with the ghosts that flew them all those years ago....... especially all the WWII aircraft.

Maybe not, last year they had an open cockpit night where the museum stayed open for a few extra hours and allowed visitors to look in many of the planes in the museum.

Wittpilot
December 3rd, 2011, 07:00
About 20 years ago they would have a night they would open for all the volunteers and their families. We had family friends that were volunteers and their extended family was not that interested in aviation, so they took us! Now the difference 20 years ago, was that about 1/2 the airplanes were 'open', not like what they had last year where it was mostly a very very upclose 'look' into the cockpits...

Someday I will scan some of the old pictures from those nigths and post them... They are all in albums at my parents house.

-witt

Crusader
December 3rd, 2011, 11:50
I'm fortunate to live about an hour and 45 minutes away and have probably been there a couple dozen times the last 20 years . I never get tired of it . Although I've seen the Presidential section across the field from the main museum I'm really looking forward to the new hanger in the main area that will keep all of the Presidential planes . To all that have not been there , it is a visit you will never forget and well worth it .

Rich