PDA

View Full Version : Looking for another CFS3 forum

richcreator
December 1st, 2011, 09:31
Can anybody direct me or suggest another CFS3 forum
discussion group where they discuss CFS3? I've asked a few CFS3 questions in the past and nobody is interested
in anything but ETO and now it'll be the same with RS, even tho this is supposed to be a CFS3 forum.
I've given up asking questions and I'm not interested in the expansions. I prefer the stock
CFS3 with none of the misery trying to fix expansion errors. And I love the Campaign mode in CFS3.

HouseHobbit
December 1st, 2011, 09:52
Yes Rich,
there are many, just type in "Combat Flight Simulator 3 Forum" into your browser and I am sure you will have no trouble finding them..
Some still very active Just for CFS3 stock and many address the expansions and continuing efforts
by many to improve and update Our beloved Combat Flight Simulator 3..

Led Zeppelin
December 1st, 2011, 11:04
Event this you can't do it yourself? And if somebody take the time to answer, you will just be unhappy because it will not be good enough for you.

rubish.

richcreator
December 1st, 2011, 12:09
Thank you for your negative comment, Led.
If I make comments like yours, I get warned about it. :salute:

middle
December 1st, 2011, 12:17
Be nice, Gents, be nice!

hairyspin
December 1st, 2011, 13:01
Flightsim.com CFS3 forum (http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/forumdisplay.php?8-CFS3)

Simviation CFS3 forum (http://205.252.250.26/cgi-bin/yabb25/YaBB.pl?board=cfs3)

Combatsim CFS 1,2&3 forum (http://community.combatsim.com/forum/26-cfs-12-and-3/)

although it might be a bit dusty in some of these. You also might try searching (http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=) on Google.

Slaine
December 1st, 2011, 13:05
No great loss from the past comments I've seen....:salute:

grizzly50
December 1st, 2011, 18:30
Hey, Slaine. Long time, no see. How ya been?

richcreator
December 1st, 2011, 19:00
Yeah, Slaine, nice to see you make one of your infrequent comments.
You average about 5 posts per year and your last one is a negative one and
not any help to my question.
attn: Middle:Obviously a double standard here at SOH, if any standard at all.:salute:

Capt. Winters
December 1st, 2011, 20:00
You average about 5 posts per year

Hi Rich,

just so you know and understand, here at the outhouse a little whiles back our thread count went a bit screwy we were all zeroed.

I personally had several thousand posts under my belt, but now it says I only have several hundered. we all also had our join dates reset during the confusion as well. many here regardless of what there join date says under their names have been here a lot longer.

I hope you find what your looking for where ever you end up..

regards Rob.

gecko
December 1st, 2011, 20:03
Rich,
Do you talk to your friends the way you talk to the people here? Everyone here is just as real as them. Nobody here is getting paid to develop add-ons for CFS3 for us, nor can they even be said to be volunteering their efforts. They do it because they enjoy it as a personal hobby, and the great part is that they are generous enough to share it with the rest of us. A lot of people here have become friends (as much as one can via the internet) just from the give-and-take of the process. If you were to put forth the effort to show common courtesy to the folks here, there's no reason why you can't enjoy this place as much as the rest of us. Show yourself friendly and you will find most people here very friendly and helpful. If you're always pessimistic and negative, they will soon grow tired of it. It's not being politically correct and it's not flattery, it's just being polite.:) Give it an honest shot, and see what happens. Regards.
Daniel

N2056
December 1st, 2011, 20:50
So in this thread you post that this forum is not good enough for you, ask for recommendations regarding alternatives, and then figure you might as well take a jab at the moderator in the process.

Then you complain about being counseled regarding comments that you make.

Wow.

Pat Pattle
December 1st, 2011, 21:37
I think the other cfs3 forums are very quiet these days, the one over at SimHq is probably the next most active but you'll find the same faces there.

What I don't understand RC is that CFS3 and ETO are the same thing, it's just that ETO has a ton of addons in it. They both share the same basic sim with all it's problems so any question about cfs3 are pertinent to the ETO (or RS, PTO, Korea, MAW, BoB etc.) so I don't really understand your gripe.

There are very few questions that have ever been posted here that go unanswered. Even if the reply is 'sorry, don't know' or 'that can't be fixed' then that should be good enough...or dive in and have a go at fixing it yourself. I was unhappy with the airfields in the stock install so have taken 5 or 6 years now to learn what was required to change them. We're all in the same boat as you RC it's just that some of us are rowing whilst others are hapy to enjoy the ride and whatever sort we are there's no reason why we shouldn't all be friends. :)

richcreator
December 1st, 2011, 22:35
Rich,
Do you talk to your friends the way you talk to the people here? Everyone here is just as real as them. Nobody here is getting paid to develop add-ons for CFS3 for us, nor can they even be said to be volunteering their efforts. They do it because they enjoy it as a personal hobby, and the great part is that they are generous enough to share it with the rest of us. A lot of people here have become friends (as much as one can via the internet) just from the give-and-take of the process. If you were to put forth the effort to show common courtesy to the folks here, there's no reason why you can't enjoy this place as much as the rest of us. Show yourself friendly and you will find most people here very friendly and helpful. If you're always pessimistic and negative, they will soon grow tired of it. It's not being politically correct and it's not flattery, it's just being polite.:) Give it an honest shot, and see what happens. Regards.
Daniel

I, honestly, do not want to prolong this issue but I have a right to defend myself against accusations.
Being friendly, by your standards, is agreeing and saying, Bravo" to everything that is posted. That's bunk.
Disagreeing is not being unfriendly. And it is hypocritical to offer something free and then expect to be rewarded, in any way.
Must a person join the clique, the fraternity, to be accepted here? Don't you allow differences of opinons?
Have you ever had an open mind? I never pick and choose who I converse with and I never tell or even suggest how another should act or think or speak until
I am backed into a corner and ganged up on and singled out. Then I have to defend myself and my self respect.

dancat
December 2nd, 2011, 01:38
so you really post a thread looking for help and spend the whole time talking s**t to people??
just log out of SOH and don't come back!
Google will be more willing to help you find a new forum than some of us.

rbp71854
December 2nd, 2011, 03:16
When I lived in New Mexico I would fish for kokanee and Lake trout by cruising around the lake dragging a large bit of hardware called a flasher. This would attract the fish. If I wasn't catching anything I would change the set up to make the fish mad and strike the bait. This was called trolling. Very seldom did I catch the biggest fish as they were too smart to get hooked, they would ignore the bait.:running:

Bob

Tailwind
December 2nd, 2011, 05:27
I, honestly, do not want to prolong this issue but I have a right to defend myself against accusations.
Being friendly, by your standards, is agreeing and saying, Bravo" to everything that is posted. That's bunk.
Disagreeing is not being unfriendly. And it is hypocritical to offer something free and then expect to be rewarded, in any way.
Must a person join the clique, the fraternity, to be accepted here? Don't you allow differences of opinons?
Have you ever had an open mind? I never pick and choose who I converse with and I never tell or even suggest how another should act or think or speak until
I am backed into a corner and ganged up on and singled out. Then I have to defend myself and my self respect.

Blah blah blah

Cheers

TW

westview
December 2nd, 2011, 06:08
Hey Bob, NM's about my neck of the woods, where were your favorite fishing holes, I do a bit of angling myself.

rbp71854
December 2nd, 2011, 06:43
Hey Bob, NM's about my neck of the woods, where were your favorite fishing holes, I do a bit of angling myself.

Lake fishing I would fish Bluewater, Navaho, and Heron. Stream and river fishing I would fish the San Juan river (fly fishing, catch and release) and a small stream that flows into the Jemez river.

Bob

middle
December 2nd, 2011, 07:27
I was about to chop this thread but now that it's become a fishing guide it might become interesting!!

KellyB
December 2nd, 2011, 07:42
Rich, it's too bad you feel the way you do. In all your postings, I have never once seen a positive comment or an attaboy for the guys who contribute their talents to making CFS3 a way better sim than M$oft could have imagined or created.

I don't think you are capable of finding whatever it is you're looking for; you're way too negative in your outlook.

That said, I hope you do find something, anything, that pleases you.

westview
December 2nd, 2011, 07:42
Navajo is a nice spot, so is the San Juan, I went on a seven day long trip down there once. My favorite spot is the Animas outside of durango, a bit of a drive but always well worth the trip, that river is teeming with hungry rainbows.

rbp71854
December 2nd, 2011, 09:52
Navajo is a nice spot, so is the San Juan, I went on a seven day long trip down there once. My favorite spot is the Animas outside of durango, a bit of a drive but always well worth the trip, that river is teeming with hungry rainbows.

I loved to fish the Juan below Navaho Dam. Considered some of the best quality waters in the US. There you would be able to catch and release both Rainbows and German Brown hogs. If you were really lucky and tied into a hog over 25 inches you could keep only one for the day. Most released a fish like that for others to have a go. Float and wading was the method of fishing in the quality portion of the river.

I have some fond memories of that river. One year I treated my late sister and my son on a fishing float trip with guide. The first time my sister ever went fly fishing and caught a trout. Poor thing being fair skinnned got sunburned, but had a great big smile on her face at the end of the day.

Bob

rbp71854
December 2nd, 2011, 10:34
I was about to chop this thread but now that it's become a fishing guide it might become interesting!!

Mid

In your neck of the woods, when I was a lad of about 15 I spent my summers at my folks cabin at Moose Camp. I knew every inch of Hatchett Creek and one day I was able to out smart a very old german brown using a mepps spinner. My mom thought I had sneaked away on my honda 55 to the pit river.

Bob

Slaine
December 2nd, 2011, 11:22
Hey, Slaine. Long time, no see. How ya been?

Aaahh Sir Grizzly of the 50, good to see you again my friend.

Life's good. Nice to see some familar friendly faces still here. And some not so... I don't know, I leave you kids five minutes (shakes fist...)

Yeah, Slaine, nice to see you make one of your infrequent comments.

Serioulsy... who writes in brown these days ? Colour to match what you talk ?

Hi Rich,

just so you know and understand, here at the outhouse a little whiles back our thread count went a bit screwy we were all zeroed.

Indeed. Capt W has quite rightly pointed out your error but in all honesty I have better things to do in life than to make an arse of myself for which, I have to say, you appear to have cornered the market... BRAVO :salute:

I may not be prolific in my posts but I can at least say that I have contributed help when asked, files when requested and contributed back to the community in the form of submitting a few missions. In all I would regard myself as curtious and respectful of other forum members.... up to this point. All you seem to have done is antagonise and find fault under the guise of freedom of speech. Well, that my friend is a doubled edged sword.

You would do well to remember the quote.... "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Or if your more of the ecclesiastical nature then I suggest you read Proverbs 17:28

Having worked with a large number of... and let me be blunt but correct here.... old people, there are a number that fall into a certain category that think they have the God given right to respect from people because of their age and past actions. Such individuals tend to leave a bad taste in one's mouth and rub people up the wrong way. I can honestly say, hand on heart and without a shadow of a doubt, that I would not partake in the travelling to the other side of a public highway to release a watery kidney waste product, even in the state of a highly combustible nature to aid such a person in distress.

I would like to add to hairyspins list of websites that you would do well to benefit from...

http://www.debretts.com/etiquette.aspx

http://www.supportline.org.uk/problems/older_people.php

http://www.ehow.com/how_7379_recognize-signs-senile.html (Please pay special attention to item 6)

I wish you good luck (boy are you going to need it) in your quest to be loved.

Middle,

Fly fishing for trout in the UK try an Orange Dog Knobbler fly (just love that name), a Prince Nymph or Hare's Ear Nymph

hairyspin
December 2nd, 2011, 12:11
Oh dear oh dear oh dear: be still my aching sides!

Of course I couldn't possibly condone the above sentiments, but in the spirit of the recent Clarkson episode I have to stuff many socks into my mouth at such thoughts! Oh dear oh dear....

Pat Pattle
December 2nd, 2011, 12:22
Great photo Bob, taken about 10 years ago at a guess? :)

grizzly50
December 2nd, 2011, 16:06
Bob, were you REALLY that young once? WOW! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Nice fish, by the way.

dancat
December 2nd, 2011, 17:24
maybe this is what richcreator was talking about when he said this forum wasn't about stock cfs3.
it's about fishing now!! :P

middle
December 3rd, 2011, 09:50
Bob, is that a pic of you as a kid? Neat! I intend on doin a lot more fishin next year...I got my fishing license too late in the year this year and havn't had much time to go out.

Guys, it's about time to cease the snidyness and off the wall comments... be nice!!

(is snidyness a word? hmmm...)

KellyB
December 3rd, 2011, 11:14
Bob, is that a pic of you as a kid? Neat! I intend on doin a lot more fishin next year...I got my fishing license too late in the year this year and havn't had much time to go out.

Guys, it's about time to cease the snidyness and off the wall comments... be nice!!

(is snidyness a word? hmmm...)

If it's not, it ought to be. Let's declare it a word!

middle
December 4th, 2011, 08:46
Roger that!!!