PDA

View Full Version : SIAI Marchetti SM.84

stoney
November 29th, 2011, 18:23
Has anyone experinced a CDT with this aircraft? I've D/Ld twice and both times I get a CDT with it in Free Flight.

skylane
November 29th, 2011, 23:06
Same problem here. I plan to do a simple mission to see if it works there, but didnīt have the time to try it yet.

JapLance
November 29th, 2011, 23:52
If you're talking about William Dickens' plane, it works fine for me.

The only weird thing is the .zip file, which has the 3D model in another folder and you have to copy it manually to the plane model folder. Otherwise, it works fine in FF.

stoney
November 30th, 2011, 11:46
Hmmmmm..Nope. The MDL is there but still no joy.:confused:

watchdog22
November 30th, 2011, 11:51
I'm also having the same problem with the Bristol Bombay. I wanted to do a repaint but get CTD's every time I load

peperez
November 30th, 2011, 17:35
Hmmmmm..Nope. The MDL is there but still no joy.:confused:

It's simple. Go for the allegiance entry at the DP and change value from 6 to 2...

skylane
December 1st, 2011, 09:07
Pepe, sorry, but changing the allegiance doesnīt solve the problem for me. I also deleted the cdp file, but I still get a CTD.

peperez
December 1st, 2011, 11:30
Pepe, sorry, but changing the allegiance doesnīt solve the problem for me. I also deleted the cdp file, but I still get a CTD.

Maybe you have a corrupted file. Today I flew the SM84 without problems.

stoney
December 1st, 2011, 13:54
I'm afraid not for me neither. I changed the allegiance, then delete the cdp, but still get a CDT on the '84. Strange!

stoney
December 1st, 2011, 15:06
I may have found the problem or at least a clue. I removed the panel cfg and the plane loaded with no problem. I re-installed the gauges and CDT. So it's in the gauges I think.

stoney
December 1st, 2011, 15:45
Okay, now I have full panel and in the VC as well. What I did was to remove the [VCockpit04] section from the panel cfg and viola everything now shows. Try this in a copy of the panel cfg. Hope this works well for you.

watchdog22
December 2nd, 2011, 00:36
Thanks Stoney, removing the panel and gauges worked for the Bombay too :salute:
Much appreciated

skylane
December 2nd, 2011, 11:59
Thanks, Stoney!
Removing the gauges solved the problem!

oldwheat
December 2nd, 2011, 12:51
I guess that's why I never had a problem with these. I fly them as ai only without the panel (empty folder)..

stoney
December 2nd, 2011, 13:29
Great! Glad I could help Guys.

Rami
December 3rd, 2011, 08:04
Stoney,

How 'bout that? I guess it's always something unexpected that gets ya. Great detective work for all involved! :icon29:

Jagdflieger
December 3rd, 2011, 10:24
I wonder if this gauge problem is related to Windows 7? I'm sure that Bearcat must have been using an OS a couple of generations back when he designed the plane.

Windows 98 and XP seemed to be the best OSs for CFS 2. Windows 7 has thrown me a few curve balls over the last year.

bearcat241
December 4th, 2011, 04:18
... I'm sure that Bearcat must have been using an OS a couple of generations back when he designed the plane...

Sorry man...not my work. This is Willie Dicken's model, and panel work also i presume. VC Panel 04 has some default FS gauges which may not agree with some people's machines in CFS2.

Devildog73
December 5th, 2011, 03:07
Windows 98 and XP seemed to be the best OSs for CFS 2. Windows 7 has thrown me a few curve balls over the last year.

AMEN, Hallelujah, pass the corn please!

I have been working in WIN7 for some time now just to find the curve balls. Sometimes I even find knuckle balls in there.

I will be keeping my XP HD in both my PC and Laptop as I continue to explore WIN7. I have 32bit on the PC and 64bit on the laptop.
When my shoulder recovers, or Rami gets here, we will investigate both for MB.

Right now, though, MB is relegated to XP for the most part. I have fewer frustrations in XP versus WIN7.