PDA

View Full Version : Darryl Hall's still got it!

Navy Chief
November 27th, 2011, 18:33
Darryl Hall and his band perform quite often from his house. The performances are broadcast live, and if you go to his website, you can watch them from the posted archive.

http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/welcome.html

Darryl recently released a new cd called, "Laughing Down Crying". One of the songs on the new release is called, "Eyes for You".

I found a Youtube video from his website. I've always liked Darryl Hall's style (and his recordings with John Oates too!)

NC

aR_iwmnHjYs

and from the first broadcast from his house:

VLZfQVGSbAE

TARPSBird
November 27th, 2011, 22:52
He's got some good vids up on the Tube. His cover of the Spinners' classic "I'll Be Around" is excellent.

Brian_Gladden
November 28th, 2011, 02:45
Yeppers, he does. Also has some awesome guests.

One of my faves is an up an coming female rocker who grew up about two towns over from me. Grace Potter. Grace has amazing pipes can make a Hammond B-3 organ almost talk and plays a Gibson Flying V Guitar... And is (very) easy on the eyes.

fG55nrOcsIk

And one of her better songs S667cxL1ML0

Creepy847
November 28th, 2011, 05:51
Ive always love Hall and Oats... Had no idiea about this series of broadcast... Thanks Chief made my morning while I write bills...

Creeps...

crashaz
November 28th, 2011, 11:57
Great find! Gives me some nice listening in the background while I work! :jump:

Panther_99FS
November 30th, 2011, 20:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49YZwqyx9Xg&feature=related

Javis
December 2nd, 2011, 20:29
Well, the bad thing with this type of links is that it sometimes costs me hours and hours when i really should be working ! Dang it!! :eek:

Hours of fun nontheless so what the heck ! Thanks very much for this link, Chief !! :applause:

Always liked Hall&Oates but i've always been a HUGE fan of Todd Rundgren. I fell right out of my seat when i first saw 'Want of a nail' !! My Gawd!! What professionalism !! (i mean of all the musicians and this in light of the fact that i've been a pop musician myself for a large part of my life ( bass guitar mostly ). If i would've heared just the audio i would've thought about a huge, 10.000 spectators rockshow but these are just 7 guys sitting on bar stools in a nicely equipped home studio (and what a home it is ! :icon_eek: ) playing 'some music' just for fun...

And this goes on for no less than 48 episodes ! Not much work coming from *my* hands the next couple days i can tell ya..

Thanks so much again, Chief ! You sure know how to pick 'em. I'd almost say, to me, it's a real revelation !

Cheers! :ernae:
Jan

Navy Chief
December 3rd, 2011, 15:42
Thanks so much again, Chief ! You sure know how to pick 'em. I'd almost say, to me, it's a real revelation !

Cheers! :ernae:
Jan

Jan, it's a lot of fun, isn't it?!!!

I like Todd Rundgren too. The song, "It Wouldn't Have Made Any Difference", is my favorite... !! I love the lyrics AND the melody!!

YYa0PdJTS54

NC

PRB
December 3rd, 2011, 15:46
Dang, I've always hated "haulin-oats", hehe. Not that they're not talented, just cringed at thier style and sound.

Navy Chief
December 3rd, 2011, 16:35
That's what's great about there being so many types of music in the world. Everyone has their own tastes and ideas about what they like!

And with each passing year, I "discover" a musician I've never heard of, and the process goes on!!!

NC

PRB
December 3rd, 2011, 16:46
Rge that, Pete! Makes the world interesting!
:ernae: