PDA

View Full Version : My big tough Rottweiler, "Chief"......

Navy Chief
November 27th, 2011, 15:59
I was literally scrambling to find my camera for this shot. My siamese cat, "Twist" (although is friendly enough to "Chief") has never laid down next to him. Chief loves cats, so he just takes it in stride.....

NC

Daveroo
November 27th, 2011, 17:45
awesome pic...hope ya dont mind..i saved it to my "haley" file

luckydog
November 27th, 2011, 18:09
:applause::applause::applause:

Navy Chief
November 27th, 2011, 18:27
awesome pic...hope ya dont mind..i saved it to my "haley" file

Of course not! I only wish I could figure out how to remove the "red eye" from the flash. The program I use - supposedly has the ability to remove it, but it won't work for me:(

Tom Clayton
November 27th, 2011, 19:06
That's because those programs don't know how to handle green. Human eyes light up red from flash, hence the term "red eye." Dogs and cats usually have green eyes, although my puppy's one blue eye lights up red while her brown eye lights up green - go figure! I just use a soft black brush to cover up the green spots.

As for Chief, he looks like one cool dog!

OBIO
November 27th, 2011, 19:41
Chief and Twist look like a wonderful "Odd Couple".

mrogers
November 27th, 2011, 21:56
Cool photo! :applause::applause::applause:
Thanks NC!

Javis
November 28th, 2011, 06:43
Adorable ! :)

Do you have a photo of Chief with normal eyes ? ( only his head maybe...? ) If so post it here and i'll return the Chief & Twist photo without Chief looking like an alien dog. The photo sure is worth some effort ! :cool:

Cheers,
Jan

av8erjm
November 28th, 2011, 08:42
Rotties are such great dogs, that have gotten a bad rep, because of bad owners. Having had a number of diff breeds I've found the Rot to be one of the most loving dogs the wife and I've had. Raina just turned 1 yr last Fri and a great 10 months it's been. Heres a pic of the two of us down at Crater Lake NP last July

Navy Chief
November 28th, 2011, 16:32
Adorable ! :)

Do you have a photo of Chief with normal eyes ? ( only his head maybe...? ) If so post it here and i'll return the Chief & Twist photo without Chief looking like an alien dog. The photo sure is worth some effort ! :cool:

Cheers,
Jan

Here you are, Javis. Thanks!! NC

Navy Chief
November 28th, 2011, 16:37
Rotties are such great dogs, that have gotten a bad rep, because of bad owners. Having had a number of diff breeds I've found the Rot to be one of the most loving dogs the wife and I've had. Raina just turned 1 yr last Fri and a great 10 months it's been. Heres a pic of the two of us down at Crater Lake NP last July

Chief turned 9 this past March. I thank God for every day I have him in my life, for he has brought me such joy. Chief was born without adequately-formed hip sockets. He went through 1 1/2 years worth of surgeries and recoveries to correct the problems. He endured levels of pain I could never handle. Chief is the brother I never had. NC

pilottj
November 28th, 2011, 17:44
Reminds me of my Cousin's pitbull Maddy. She looks mean but she is one of the friendliest, loving dog I have met. All she wants to do is be next to you and lick your face. Like Chief, Maddy also gets along great with Captain the Cat, they often cuddle together and clean each other.

Navy Chief
November 28th, 2011, 18:41
These pictures of Twist and Chief were taken about 5 yrs ago. Twist was just a kitten, and was almost pure white. NC
What have we here?

"Reindog"

Bath time!

HouseHobbit
November 28th, 2011, 19:35
This is TOO COOL..
BRAVO..
Great pup there to say the least..

Javis
November 28th, 2011, 22:00
Here you go,Chief :

Hope you like it, if not i'll try something else.
Congrats with this lovely couple ! Envy you ! ( big cats and dogs lover myself :cool: )

Cheers,Jan

grunau_baby
November 29th, 2011, 02:58
Great, thanks for sharing!

Sometimes even my two species meet in total relaxation:

At least the "new" cat has no grudge against the normally rather nervous and selfindulgent;-) dog. Most of the time they simply ignore each other, but sometimes having a warm spot on the sofa is good enough a reason to overcome any possible animosity.

Regards
Alex

Navy Chief
November 29th, 2011, 03:22
Here you go,Chief :

Hope you like it, if not i'll try something else.
Congrats with this lovely couple ! Envy you ! ( big cats and dogs lover myself :cool: )

Cheers,Jan

MUCH better! Thank you SO much Jan!

Every once in a while, Twist will drink from the water bowl when Chief is too..... So far I haven't been quick enough with my camera; but I'll get that picture eventually! Thanks again! Pete

Navy Chief
November 29th, 2011, 03:23
Great, thanks for sharing!

Sometimes even my two species meet in total relaxation:

At least the "new" cat has no grudge against the normally rather nervous and selfindulgent;-) dog. Most of the time they simply ignore each other, but sometimes having a warm spot on the sofa is good enough a reason to overcome any possible animosity.

Regards
Alex

So cute! My little Twist sleeps in bed with me...and usually up against my back too:) NC

Javis
November 29th, 2011, 17:37
MUCH better! Thank you SO much Jan!

Every once in a while, Twist will drink from the water bowl when Chief is too..... So far I haven't been quick enough with my camera; but I'll get that picture eventually! Thanks again! Pete

You're welcome, Pete.

We once had the pleasure of a wonderful symbiosis between our dog and cat too. When i walked the dog the cat would walk along, until a specific place where the cat would think that's far enough. She waited in the bushes until we came back and then walked back home with us. Long time ago but i'll never forget. :)

Cheers,
Jan

Chacha
November 30th, 2011, 04:35
Oh so cute!
Thanks for sharing... saved it too!

Navy Chief
November 30th, 2011, 12:52
There were two other cats living with Chief and me up in TN that now live with my ex. One of them is Robert Tail. RT and Chief bonded as buddies back when they visited the vet together for the first time.

I found the picture taken that day, and one picture taken a few years later. NC