PDA

View Full Version : F1 2011: Brazilian GP.

Ferry_vO
November 26th, 2011, 07:23
Q1 results:

18: Maldonado
19: Kovalainen
20: Trulli
21: Liuzzi
22: Ricciardo
23: D'Ambrosio
24: Glock

Ferry_vO
November 26th, 2011, 07:44
Q2 results:

11: Di Resta
12: Barrichello
13: Alguersuari
14: Buemi
15: Petrov
16: Kobayashi
17: Perez

Ferry_vO
November 26th, 2011, 08:05
Q3 results:

1: Vettel
2: Webber
3: Button
4: Hamilton
5: Alonso
6: Rosberg
7: Massa
8: Sutil
9: Senna
10: Schumacher

15 Poles out of 19 races for Vettel.. :isadizzy:

wombat666
November 26th, 2011, 22:05
And he still squeals like a girl!!!
Muppet.
:173go1:
I'd be impressed if he could do that in a Williams or a 'Lotus'.

stiz
November 27th, 2011, 10:14
i still think it'd be a great idea to put the drivers at the top in the oposite car so to speak , so the pole sitter gets no.24 car and no.24s driver gets the pole sitters etc. that'd make things intresting for a bit :icon_lol:

Naismith
November 27th, 2011, 10:38
i still think it'd be a great idea to put the drivers at the top in the oposite car so to speak , so the pole sitter gets no.24 car and no.24s driver gets the pole sitters etc. that'd make things intresting for a bit :icon_lol:

A huge pile-up methinks.

wombat666
November 27th, 2011, 21:58
Another one of those excellent drives by Webber, when he has a good day he has a really good day. :australia:

Super drive from Button as well, Jenson would have to be their 'Number 1' driver, and Alonso certainly wrung the FIAT right out.
Gearbox failures for both Vettel and Hamilton, an 'interesting' problem.
At least Brazil retains a decent circuit, something of a novelty today. PITA television time for us, 02.00 start on a Monday! :kilroy:

catfishdriver
November 28th, 2011, 09:13
Webber had a great drive. Was good to see him pull one out before the season end. I know we're all a bit tired of the Vettel train, but really you have to step back and take in the magnitude of his achievements. Believe me, when the lights turn green I'm hoping and praying for anything but an RB7 to jump out in front, but thinking about it now I just can't help but salute what that team was able to do this year. Every so often the stars align properly and we get a talented young driver placed into one of if not the best chassis, and we get a run like the one we've seen. Is it fun to watch? Hell no! :icon_lol: Is it awe inspiring? At the end of the day, absolutely yes it is. For that kid to still grab a podium after running 3/4 of the entire race short-shifting 2 or 3 gears, he had it right when he said, "I feel like Senna." :cool:

Hopefully we'll see more competitive cars next year. Congrats to Sauber for pulling it off in the end over STR. I'm sure STR, Sauber, and Force India will show big improvements next year. Williams will probably (fingers crossed) be back as a competitor as will Renault or Lotus, or Renault-Lotus, or Lotus-Renault, or Lotus-Genii, or Genii-Renault-Lotus, whatever they call themselves this week. :icon_lol: (Get well soon Robert!) So cheers to another season in the books. Can't wait until next year (and maybe an actual GP here in the US if they get their act together). :icon29:

Panther_99FS
November 28th, 2011, 15:08
I hate to be the party pooper here....but I say Vettel had the BETTER drive than Webber...
Why? Because even with gearbox problems, Vettel was able to keep Button behind him....
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-sebastian-vettels-gearbox-should-not-have-survived-says-horner/

catfishdriver
November 28th, 2011, 16:12
I hate to be the party pooper here....but I say Vettel had the BETTER drive than Webber...
Why? Because even with gearbox problems, Vettel was able to keep Button behind him....
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-sebastian-vettels-gearbox-should-not-have-survived-says-horner/

And I agree with the party pooper. :icon_lol: It was pretty amazing stuff. I know in years to come, that drive will be held in the same regard as Senna's. Granted it didn't have the same level of drama, but to me that showed us all Vettel is not just an ok driver with a great car. He's a great driver with an amazing car. I still hope the other constructors jerk RB back into the realm of reality and even things out a bit. But again, it's been a season that we'll probably talk about years from now.