PDA

View Full Version : Native Bell 47

OleBoy
November 18th, 2011, 06:45
Anyone try it? http://secure.simmarket.com/fly-sim-server-bell-47g-sioux-h-13-fsx-2012.phtml

Tako_Kichi
November 18th, 2011, 07:15
I don't have it but I do have the very good freeware one. Looking at the screenshots it appears to have more detail both externally and in the VC when compared to the freeware one (which I would expect from a payware model). The big question for me would be how well does it fly.

OleBoy
November 18th, 2011, 07:22
I just made the purchase. There appears to be something wrong within the file structure. Upon choosing any of the helicopters, FSX locks tight and crashes. Error reporting relates to BEX (security?) I don't know. When the model started loading I had to approve gauges, which I approved. Right afterwards, CTD. I sent an email with a description of the problem, and a screenshot of the error.

OleBoy
November 18th, 2011, 07:35
Upon viewing inside the folders, things don't look right to me. Is that a 3DS model file? There are textures that have been saved in the wrong formats, some of them are so blurry I can't make them out.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8294/52997822.jpg

I don't think the issue is FSX in general, because I can choose any other model in the selection screen and go flying. I hope to hear back from the developer soon.

Barnes
November 18th, 2011, 07:46
It looks OK but the pilot looks like a stuffed dummy which puts me off buying - shame as i have actually flown G-Chop (p2).

Tako_Kichi
November 18th, 2011, 07:53
As you are not showing 'known file extensions' in your screenshot it's hard to know what type of files are in that folder. A .3DS file is indeed a 3DS Max file extension but not it's native format which is .MAX. A typical model folder should contain two .mdl files (for the interior and exterior models) and a .cfg file.

OleBoy
November 18th, 2011, 08:03
Sorry. More coffee needs to be consumed. Maybe this helps.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3724/ddssizes.jpg

OleBoy
November 18th, 2011, 08:53
Further testing brought me to remove the gauges and set them aside. I don't have a clue where to start diagnosing anything at this point, as it's way beyond my knowledge. The helicopter now loads (some of them) and they are flyable, although a lot of the animations now do not work. Hopefully the developer will see this thread and chime in here soon.

A few snaps http://imageshack.us/g/577/2011nov18001.jpg/

OleBoy
November 18th, 2011, 12:33
Update;

I made contact with Mark and explained the situation. On receipt he thought about the issue, diagnosed the troubles, and sent the file needed that he'd forgot to add in before sending it off to the add-on shops.
I added the gauges back where they belong, and everything works as intended. Mark is currently uploading an updated installer to the respective sites who are selling his products.

Thank you, Mark.

HvyEng
November 18th, 2011, 12:45
Two quick questions:

Can you remove the pilot in the VC?

Is there a paint kit included?

Thanks,

--Dan

jeansy
November 18th, 2011, 12:51
Is there a paint kit included?
--Dan

it doesn't look like it, as there is no mention on their site of the existence of one

im interested, ive always liked the little fellas

but a PK is major selling point for me as well, as im too lazy to make

spatialpro
November 18th, 2011, 12:54
a PK is major selling point for me as well

Me too. In this case, no PK, no sale.

OleBoy
November 18th, 2011, 17:55
I just sent an email regarding a paint kit. So I guess we'll have to see if one will be made available. Fingers are crossed.

jeansy
November 18th, 2011, 18:16
I just sent an email regarding a paint kit. So I guess we'll have to see if one will be made available. Fingers are crossed.

yes fingers crossed for a layered paintkit not the cheap multiply version

falcon409
November 24th, 2011, 07:27
Currently Half Price!!! Got mine at the Flightsim Pilot Shop:salute:

OleBoy
November 24th, 2011, 07:36

I saw that too. What a slap in the face after just days ago (released) it was $25.00

Crusader
November 25th, 2011, 05:22

Just picked it up this morning at Flightsim Pilot Shop as well . For $12.50 I thought it was a very good deal . I sure hope the PK gets added . The only thing I don't like about it so far is the pilot figure as someone else has mentioned . I can actually hover it fairly well as compared to other helo's .

Rich

Crusader
November 25th, 2011, 05:33
It looks like they added the paint kit on their page . http://flysim.us/website/Bell47FSX.html(about 1/2 to 2/3 down on the main page)

If I were a painter I would take advantage of this but unfortunately I'm not so all you excellent painters here at SOH jump on this please . A quick question : can the pilot figure just be added or switched (?) via a paint kit or is it modeled in ? Sorry for the non-tech questioning but as I mentioned I'm not a painter or modeler .

Rich

jeansy
November 25th, 2011, 06:10
It looks like they added the paint kit on their page . http://flysim.us/website/Bell47FSX.html(about 1/2 to 2/3 down on the main page)

If I were a painter I would take advantage of this but unfortunately I'm not so all you excellent painters here at SOH jump on this please . A quick question : can the pilot figure just be added or switched (?) via a paint kit or is it modeled in ? Sorry for the non-tech questioning but as I mentioned I'm not a painter or modeler .

Rich

the paintkit is just the textures converted to png format, which is useless, what makes it more difficult is the fact he has used the dark green colour for the kit, unless the paint is going to be a green one, theres no point in using his revised paintkit

basicly a new paint kit has to be made from scratch

and the pilot can not be changed using the kit, only re teuxtured, this wont solve the unscaled figure or the overall look of him, myself and oleboy have emailed him regarding the kit and no joy since my last look at the kit

after i have had a play with the milviz f15 and finished a few other paints im going to make a paint kit

calypsos
November 25th, 2011, 12:37
Having spent a few hours in an AAC Bell 47 in the late seventies, I was quite excited about this. However that pilot figure looks FS2002 vintage (and it seems you are stuck with it) added to the fact that the product was sent out with the wrong file structure and (I assume) without proper testing. So even at the budget price, I will pass on this one!

italoc
November 25th, 2011, 12:52
I've got it and I'm very satisfied: high quality textures, easy to fly (for a beginner heli pilot) so a joy to hover around and look at the scenery.
:applause::applause::applause:

Italo

jeansy
December 2nd, 2011, 01:21
finally got around to doing the paint kit

still a WIP

http://aussiex.org/forum/uploads/gallery/album_139/gallery_546_139_199180.png

spatialpro
December 2nd, 2011, 01:45
finally got around to doing the paint kit

still a WIP

http://aussiex.org/forum/uploads/gallery/album_139/gallery_546_139_199180.png

Excellent! I can't wait to get to work on repainting this one.

However, I can't see your screenshot (broken link maybe?).

Now what we need is an update to remove the pilot figure. Short of that I'd settle for a much better pilot figure.

Andy

jeansy
December 2nd, 2011, 02:25
the images are in PNG format, some people have problems viewing try F5 i think that may work

I know theres RNZAF on the tanks but the way the model is mapped, it prevents it

http://aussiex.org/forum/uploads/gallery/album_139/gallery_546_139_387304.png

spatialpro
December 2nd, 2011, 02:49
Wot no text on the tank??!! That is a serious mistake in the texture mapping by the manufacturer! Without that a lot of repaints will be lacking/impossible. That, plus the pilot, warrants a new version in my books!

jeansy
December 2nd, 2011, 02:56
the tank textures are mapped for one side only so any text will appear on both sides on both tanks meaning 2 sides the txt will be reversed, otherwise theyre fine to paint lines etc

and the way the blades are mapped it makes it very hard to add the blur

and yep the pilot is, errr um.....

spatialpro
December 2nd, 2011, 02:58
the tank textures are mapped for one side only so any text will appear on both sides on both tanks meaning 2 sides the txt will be reversed

Arrrrgggghhhh!!!! That is soooooo annoying...!!

jeansy
December 2nd, 2011, 03:45
I will the paintkit zipped up tomorrow if anyone wants it

OleBoy
December 2nd, 2011, 04:25
Map the tanks separately? No reason too. They're the same color. Why map each side differently? LOL!!

The pilot. Well, he's a midget. Ever see all the clowns get out of a Volkswagon beetle? It's the best way to commute these days! :icon_lol:
An update for all the noted issues would be welcome. I don't expect to see one anytime soon. With the noted deficiencies, I think is the reason for the sudden 50% price drop just days after release. That's my guess.

I would not mind testing your template work, Jeansy.

jeansy
December 2nd, 2011, 04:40
the kiwi paint is uploaded

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/2122-flysimware-bell-47-rnzaf-n3705/

I kept the dirt to a very minimum due to the alpha shine of the model, a dirty shiny model looks horrible IMO

spatialpro
December 2nd, 2011, 05:15
I will the paintkit zipped up tomorrow if anyone wants it

Yes please!!

Andy

Roger
December 2nd, 2011, 08:12
If the pilot figure had more human appearance I'd buy it today.

jeansy
December 2nd, 2011, 17:09
if anyone wants the basic layered paintkit give us a yell and i will send a link

jeansy
December 3rd, 2011, 00:46
http://aussiex.org/forum/uploads/gallery/album_139/gallery_546_139_493604.png

OleBoy
December 26th, 2011, 08:42
Downloading ATM

Dear simMarket Customer,

at simMarket you can now find a new version of your product:

FLYSIMWARE - BELL 47G & SIOUX H-13 FSX 2012

You will find the link to download this update from your user account -> orders listing -> respective detailed order page on the bottom.

Flysimware_Bell47FSX.zip

The installer is a complete replacement for previous versions,

existing customers just need to remove the old version and install the new one.

spatialpro
December 26th, 2011, 09:51
Sounds good... Looking forward to FS Pilot Shop posting the update too.

Does the update change the texture mapping so both sites of both fuel tanks are independent of each other??

I assume the scale of the pilot figure must have been fixed!

Andy

hae5904
December 26th, 2011, 11:19
Sounds good... Looking forward to FS Pilot Shop posting the update too.

Does the update change the texture mapping so both sites of both fuel tanks are independent of each other??

I assume the scale of the pilot figure must have been fixed!

Andy

Well what I'd seen on their website, the repaint kit is updated, but the pilot figure is still the same midget with the stiff neck......

Hank

Barnes
December 26th, 2011, 22:47
LOL yes - i wont buy anything with an Alien flying anything other than a spaceship.

kludger
December 27th, 2011, 09:26
Thanks for that awesome red repaint @Jeansy, I'm off to download it.

@Airtrooper let us know what FS Pilot Shop says about the update, I ordered there as well and can't seem to find any info there on any update and the support link from the product page is returning a 404 error and doesn't seem to have a product update notification for this product.

There's probably many of us in the same boat who took advantage of the great sale on this helo there and look forward to the update.

OleBoy
December 27th, 2011, 10:07
I'd stake my job on it, that the developer is watching this topic. Why he does not reply, (add reason here)

kludger
January 3rd, 2012, 15:37
Flysimware site lists a Dec 26 update that seems to suggest a model with no pilot:

UPDATE DEC 26th
Bell 47G Skids ....................with doors NO VC PILOT

FSPilotShop still doesn't show an update for the Bell 47G and lists a support link for it to a Flysim link that is a 404 error...

So I have used the contact page on their site to ask how we FSPilotShop purchasers get the update:
http://flysim.us/website/contact.html

I hope to report good news here if I hear back from them. I really enjoy flying this so am hoping the support follows through.

hae5904
January 4th, 2012, 05:10
Bell 47G Skids ....................with doors NO VC PILOT

Ok, but that's the VC pilot, not the flying midget modeled in the Bell 47!

Hank

OleBoy
January 4th, 2012, 05:59
I've looked at the textures many times for this model. This thing could be made to look a lot more realistic in appearance that what's displayed. I think the pilot could be removed all together from external view via the alpha channel. Internally, I'm not sure if anything could be done. With that said, I got too many irons in the fire right now to mess with it. And to be honest about it, I don't want too because I don't fly helicopters enough to get excited.

kludger
January 4th, 2012, 19:19
snip
FSPilotShop still doesn't show an update for the Bell 47G and lists a support link for it to a Flysim link that is a 404 error...

So I have used the contact page on their site to ask how we FSPilotShop purchasers get the update:
http://flysim.us/website/contact.html

I hope to report good news here if I hear back from them. I really enjoy flying this so am hoping the support follows through.

I got a nice reply back from the dev saying that FSPilotShop is getting the update and should have it available to us in a couple of days, they will also be fixing the broken link.

Looking forward to it.

flewpastu
January 5th, 2012, 07:38
Just got a reply from fspilotshop saying that they have updated the site with the newest dowload.

Bill

big-mike
January 5th, 2012, 07:43
What´s about the sound?
I`ve read,they use the default R22 sound.
Michael

Dain Arns
January 5th, 2012, 10:49
Just got a reply from fspilotshop saying that they have updated the site with the newest dowload.

Bill

Thanks for the heads up. Been waiting a while to hear that news now... :kilroy:

OleBoy
January 22nd, 2012, 06:20
SimMarket v1.2 update is available;

Dear simMarket Customer,

at simMarket you can now find a new version of your product:

FLYSIMWARE - BELL 47G & SIOUX H-13 FSX 2012 Rev 1.2

Updates include: Pilot face, seat belts, and missing nav lights.

You will find the link to download this update from your user account -> orders listing -> respective detailed order page on the bottom.

Flysimware_Bell47FSX.zip

The installer is a complete replacement for previous versions,

existing customers just need to remove the old version and install the new one.

Roger
January 22nd, 2012, 07:04
I'd be interested to see what the pilot looks like now.

falcon409
January 22nd, 2012, 07:42
I'd be interested to see what the pilot looks like now.
Drum roll, lol. . . . . . . . . .

OleBoy
January 22nd, 2012, 09:37
Nice texture work Falcon!

I see the pilot is,,,,,I wonder if the developer is a midget

falcon409
January 22nd, 2012, 10:42
Nice texture work Falcon!
I see the pilot is,,,,,I wonder if the developer is a midget
I just installed the update and loaded the chopper into FSRepaint to get some quick screenshots for Roger, lol. I guess the pilot looks better that he did. Personally, the original didn't bother me all that much because I spent most of my time flying from the VC and not much time outside.

Barnes
January 23rd, 2012, 11:09
Ive bought it and having a go with the so called repaint kit - its not layerd properly but i might be able to do something with it. Im working on this real world us livery

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-933.jpg

jeansy
January 23rd, 2012, 11:15
Ive bought it and having a go with the so called repaint kit - its not layerd properly but i might be able to do something with it. Im working on this real world us livery

i have a layered paintkit if you want it

Barnes
January 23rd, 2012, 11:39
i have a layered paintkit if you want it

Oh - wish i had known as i have almost competed my own - but thanks a lot for the offer.

Just downloaded your excellent repaint of the research float version - grrrrreat work. :salute:

Barnes
January 23rd, 2012, 15:34
Still trying!

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-931.jpg

bmd
January 24th, 2012, 06:06
Hello Barnes,

I like your paint scheme. Thank you for this repaint. Sure, I will downloaded it when it will be available. Bravo

Benoit

jeansy
January 24th, 2012, 08:42
well done mate