PDA

View Full Version : ETO 1.4, I always see the "1945" MAP window when I start

Emile
November 15th, 2011, 04:12
Hello,
I have made a mistake some where when trying to add new missions , aircrafts, pylons, ... Since that when I start ETO selecting ERA 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 I see the Battle Map window 1945...
But the missions are in relation with the ERA selected ...
If I select ERA 1 I have the ERA 1 Missions , when I select ERA 2 I have the ERA 2 missions.....

:173go1:How to correct?
Thanks in advance

spencer19692007
November 15th, 2011, 04:54
hello i have had this problem
there is a readme in the eto folder ,it basically say go to era 1 first start then delete what it says in the readme{spawn,glodel layer vires etc}
once you have deleted all the files it says including all start up screens for different eras
their is a file in main eto folder called
re install culmulative rev 1.40 files
this will put back everything as if from day1 your install as long as you do everything it says it will work great
also a good tip if eto not start,go cfs3 config,go safe mode you can open up cfs3 and see your problem,sometimes it is a plane problem loading ,you can change the plane,weather,place etc this has saved me reinstall many times
hope this helps
happy flying:wiggle:

Led Zeppelin
November 15th, 2011, 10:50
Setup ETO into era 4 (for exemple)

Then, go into global_layer folder.

If you see files 1944_global_layer.csv and 1944_gsl.lib, you have to reconfigure all files manually.

grizzly50
November 16th, 2011, 04:42
Hello,
I have made a mistake some where when trying to add new missions , aircrafts, pylons, ... Since that when I start ETO selecting ERA 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 I see the Battle Map window 1945...
But the missions are in relation with the ERA selected ...
If I select ERA 1 I have the ERA 1 Missions , when I select ERA 2 I have the ERA 2 missions.....

:173go1:How to correct?
Thanks in advance

Emile, you're simply stuck, corrupted. Your global layers may be corrupted, too. One way to determine this is to start in Era 1, go to QC and look for Spain under airfields. If Spanish airfields aren't in Era 1, you global layers are corrupted.

Here's the easy fix:

NOTE: This will remove all missions and spawns you have installed, but you can reinstall them afterwards (See below on this).

1. Go into the ETO main game folder and look for a folder named CFS3 ETO Expansion READMEs.

2. Look for a document named ERA Files Restore Rev 1.40.rtf.

3. Follow the procedure outlined in this readme exactly.

Thia will straighten it all out, but any missions and spawns you installed will be deleted.

Now, you can simply reinstall these per normal ETO procedure. Make sure you have again started ETO in Era 1 and exited, and settings Spawn Selector to 1 Stock Spawn Mode.

Here's a plus. Once you have all that done, and before starting ETO again, or switching Eras, run the ETO Backup icon. This will backup all of the files and folders named on the list in the ERA Files Restore Rev 1.40.rtf document.

Note: Here's a good idea. Once you have run the ETO Backup and have established an ETO Backup folder, simply install any new missions and spawns in the backup folder as well as into your ETO main game folder.

This way, if problems like this happen again, all you have to do is use delete the items from the list in the ERA Files Restore Rev 1.40.rtf document, and then copy and paste everything from the ETO Backup folder into your main game folder. This is good because the ORIFs re-installer on contains the stock ETO files and folders, and nothing that has been added by you.

Good luck.

Hope this helps.

Emile
November 16th, 2011, 22:02
Hello Grizz,
I have taken a separate full back up of my actual ETO installation.
I have tested in ERA 1 QC no Spain airports only found Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands and Switzerland countries.

I will now start the recommended procedure .....crossing fingers ...

Emile
November 17th, 2011, 04:57
Hello guys, tanks to you my ETO is restored and "flys" like a charm ...:applause:

Next question : I have made a backup BEFORE this restore operation, may I merge with the old and "new" datas : the missions , spaws, bob missions , bob uires and uires ...
What more?
Thanks in advance

Led Zeppelin
November 17th, 2011, 22:16
Hello guys, tanks to you my ETO is restored and "flys" like a charm ...:applause:
perfect! :jump: