PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo F-9F Panther patch

Warrant
November 14th, 2011, 12:44
It has been almost a year since the last word regarding the long awaited Vertigo F-9F Panther patch was posted at the Vertigo site.
Wanted to post this at the Vertigo-studio's but i seem to have lost the ability to log in over there.

Is there anyone with info regarding status of this long promised but not yet available update/patch?
Giving the Vertigo dev's a year to fix stuff without complaining is what i consider respect and patience towards the developers. Now i expect respect and promises kept by the developers!

Edit: If i missed an update already posted, i will stand corrected.

expat
November 14th, 2011, 12:52
It is a wonderful plane but a bit spoiled by the need to reload the a/c between traps as the tailhook cannot be re-set.

Tim-HH
November 14th, 2011, 13:00
Edit: If i missed an update already posted, i will stand corrected.

I guess that was the last "update" regarding the patch: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?59272-Vertigo-s-RV8-close-to-release!&p=643635&viewfull=1#post643635

Greetings
Tim

flaviossa
November 14th, 2011, 13:01
No patches Warrant ... i think we will never see this patches (Talking about the bear and the panther). Although explained in details the reason why itīs not available, i cannot understand this work method where they donīt have the source code. :kilroy:
But i have already forgot this and move to other planes from other developers. :running:

Roger
November 14th, 2011, 15:24
It is unfortunate that Deano's previous coder retains the source files, although they were to be released to Vertigo on many occasions. The coder in question must have seen our pleas for the patch and simply ignores the situation...but to what end?
I wish we knew who this individual was so we could boycot whoever he now works for, until the files are deliverd to Vertigo. This is unlikely to happen so we must ask ouselves, would our sim enjoyment be enhanced, or diminished if the Vertigo Panther had never been released? Personally I'm glad to have the aircraft even if there is this issue and I'd guess there won't be an FsX Panther from another developer any time soon.

falcon409
November 14th, 2011, 15:31
No patches Warrant ... i think we will never see this patches (Talking about the bear and the panther). Although explained in details the reason why it's not available, i cannot understand this work method where they donīt have the source code.
But i have already forgot this and move to other planes from other developers.
Same here, I looked forward to having the Panther and once I discovered the "flaw" in the tail hook I quit using it and have never gone back to it. Wasted money, lesson learned. As has been mentioned many times in defense of Vertigo, they have been basically held hostage by the lack of source code in their hands. I understand the fact of that statement, but I don't really care. The design, while supposedly mimicking the way the actual Panther tail hook was designed had to throw up some flags somewhere. . . .were customers going to be happy having to reload an airplane every time they trapped? I doubt it. Are there defenders of Vertigo's right to design it that way. . .you bet there are, again. . . .don't care. Bottom line to this is. . . .the plane belongs to Vertigo, the idea that someone has the necessary source code and they can't seem to get it back. . . .now that's just wrong in every sense.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
November 14th, 2011, 17:11
The Sourcefiles have been turned over to me to produce a patch for both aircraft , this has been a priority for Dean, he went through much grief to get them, perhaps more for not having had them in the first place.

This horse is dead , and needs to be left behind while we all move on .

Blue Skies !

falcon409
November 14th, 2011, 17:23
The Sourcefiles have been turned over to me to produce a patch for both aircraft , this has been a priority for Dean, he went through much grief to get them, perhaps more for not having had them in the first place.

Blue Skies !
Finally, it's in good hands.:applause:

Tako_Kichi
November 14th, 2011, 17:24
Chuck, if it isn't too much to ask could you please check why the Bearcat cannot be made to follow a GPS track while in autopilot. I've tried everything I can think of but just can't get it to lock into GPS mode (I have the standard Bendix autopilot in a pop-up window with a Nav/GPS switch added). This is the main reason why I no longer fly the Bearcat.

Thanks.

Phantom88
November 14th, 2011, 17:46

Blue Skies !

Blue Skies indeed!!! Finally we can put an end to this:applause:

LouP
November 14th, 2011, 18:26
Seriously guys, in the meanwhile, just hot code a series of keys to reload the aircraft in FS. I have mine set up so I press ctrl+shift+enter and whamo, refreshed aircraft. No waiting for menus or anything. The command is built into FSX, you just need to assign it.

LouP

gradyhappyg
November 14th, 2011, 20:28
Lets not forget to fix the the right wing trim tab as viewed from the VC.! Just sayin.

expat
November 15th, 2011, 00:43
I have mine set up so I press ctrl+shift+enter and whamo, refreshed aircraft

I have it reload by simply pressing once the F10 key - but always forget until its too late that I need to reload this one before the next trap!

flaviossa
November 15th, 2011, 04:07
Now, that is good news! Thanks for the information Chuck! :applause:
The list of things that should be corrected in the Bearcat is in Vertigo forum:
http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?12-Bearcat-Official-Patch-v1.2-%28in-progress%29

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
November 15th, 2011, 06:17
The forum list is included, Deano was double checking support tickets and all sources to get a comprehensive set of items to deal with, its handy to read the priorities presented here at SOH as well.

Thanks for the input, CJ

calypsos
November 15th, 2011, 07:01
The animation screw up on the joystick (twisting instead of L/R movement) made me not buy it without a fix, maybe I'll think about it when that is sorted.....it was a rather 'basic' error!

Ferry_vO
November 15th, 2011, 07:03
Good to hear the patch is being worked on again!

Any chance to get the right engine model in the Bearcat....?

skyblazer3
November 15th, 2011, 09:01
The biggest problem I've had with the Panther is that it is extremely laggy in multiplayer. Two F9Fs are fine, but more than two produce very unusual lag. Perhaps this is due to the same problems with server function calls that the Milviz T-38 and RealAir Duke suffered before they were fixed and patched. I think the CS C-130 is still this way. It feels like that sort of lag.

I would be very very happy to have a multi-player friendly F9F.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to repair this beautiful model.

Chris

Warrant
November 15th, 2011, 09:15
Glad to read my post triggered some new news-facts regarding the Panther.
It would have been a pity if this beaultiful aircraft was denied the finishing touch it deserves.
Don't get me wrong; i really enjoy the Vertigo F9F.
However, a promise is a promise.
It would have been more elegant if Vertigo had informed customers by own initiative.

Best regards, Warrant

Deano
November 15th, 2011, 12:24
I've had enough of trying to tell warmongers what we are doing and what is being done. See my past threads in regards to the patches. No matter what I say or chuck says, all topics go FUBAR

I promised patches will be released, and they will be - nothing changes.

I'm sure everyone is now familiar with the way vstudios topics go, or have I misunderstood ? How many threads have been locked in regards to vstudios... I rest my case.

As I have always stated.. don't believe me, feel that a past release is inadequate... don't buy.

Soon as we wrap up our currently in development aircraft the better.

N2056
November 15th, 2011, 12:38
On the plus side there has been a big positive in that now the patches are in good hands.
For what it is worth, most of these treads get locked after following a very common pattern...and I'm afraid this one is no different from it's predecessors.