PDA

View Full Version : The Germans Took Photos Too

jaycee
November 11th, 2011, 10:11
Hope to upload these soon, Acording to Mike's read me, if i understand corectly, its ok to upload a standalone of the bf 109 F. There should also be some other bits and bobs to come.

loverboy1
November 11th, 2011, 11:35
holly molly cant wait to see feel and hear in the skys of simmer lands these babies

tks

Animal
November 11th, 2011, 13:08
:salute:Looking good Jaycee. Love them Bf 109f's! Thanks.

HouseHobbit
November 11th, 2011, 13:50
Wonderful!!
I love to wreck Jaycee's work..
Can't wait the Trash These beauties..
BRAVO..
Thanks very much..
:salute: :salute: :salute:

lewis11777
November 11th, 2011, 14:30
Hey Jimmy is that the 109 that John was also doing some skins for?

jaycee
November 11th, 2011, 16:22
Hey Jimmy is that the 109 that John was also doing some skins for?

sorry lewis have no idea, i done these a while bacck, i hope i am not jumping in . where i shoun'dt.

Bravo/4
November 11th, 2011, 16:32
No your fine Jimmy, the model I'm skinning is new and not released yet!

Nice skins!

grizzly50
November 11th, 2011, 18:20
Jimmy,

I commend you on what you have been doing. You never seem to run out of ideas for new items.

Is there a way you can actually get a camera-eye view through which actual screen shots can be taken?

I seem to remember an F-6 (Photo-recon P-51 Mustang) out there somewhere for CFS3 that does that, but can't remember for the life of me where it is/was.

popsaka
November 11th, 2011, 19:11
...The F-6 is Kerry Klements and should be at Simviation --I'll check :salute:

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb2.cgi?section=cfs&file=f6_mustang.zip

jaycee
November 12th, 2011, 01:01
Jimmy,

I commend you on what you have been doing. You never seem to run out of ideas for new items.

Is there a way you can actually get a camera-eye view through which actual screen shots can be taken?

I seem to remember an F-6 (Photo-recon P-51 Mustang) out there somewhere for CFS3 that does that, but can't remember for the life of me where it is/was.

Sorry G. i have no idea, Maybe we need the source file to add an eye point, although i do remember someone adding an outside veiw to an aircraft a while back, (westview maybe???), or maybe you could tweek one of the " F4 keypad" views,

Led Zeppelin
November 12th, 2011, 01:24
Great, I really like recon aircrafts!

jaycee, you can also release the F-5 Lightnings you made a couple of months ago, they are really nice! The special pylon you made covers the guns so, even if the shape of the nose is bigger than real model, it is a true unarmed F5!

The F6 is here
http://www.simviation.com/cfs3_aircraft21.htm

French F6 is here (bottom of the page):
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=82

Historical mission for the French F6 is here (ETO_April 1945):
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=70&sort=N&page=2&pp=15

Led Zeppelin
November 12th, 2011, 01:26
Sorry G. i have no idea, Maybe we need the source file to add an eye point, although i do remember someone adding an outside veiw to an aircraft a while back, (westview maybe???), or maybe you could tweek one of the " F4 keypad" views,

Look at " DL Bf109g-8 Black 11", Nigel has tweeked the xdp file to have a camera view point:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=84&sort=N&page=2&pp=15

hairyspin
November 12th, 2011, 01:43
Some of the PR Messerschmitts also carried a big drop tank for better range: Closterman tells of one seen over the Orkneys like that. Nice work, jaycee!

Led Zeppelin
November 12th, 2011, 02:02
Some of the PR Messerschmitts also carried a big drop tank for better range: Closterman tells of one seen over the Orkneys like that. Nice work, jaycee!
Nigel did one for MAW:
DR2 Bf109g-4/R3, 2(F)./123, Greece 1943-44
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=84&sort=U&page=4&pp=15

jaycee
November 12th, 2011, 04:36
[QUOTE=Led Zeppelin;645258]Great, I really like recon aircrafts!

jaycee, you can also release the F-5 Lightnings you made a couple of months ago, they are really nice! The special pylon you made covers the guns so, even if the shape of the nose is bigger than real model, it is a true unarmed F5!

OK L.Z. I will try to get these uploaded soon, As L.Z. says its only an add on to the stock P38, i made it as a pylon, so in order to cover the guns it had to be a bit larger than it should be,

lewis11777
November 12th, 2011, 08:38
Here is the method Nigel passed on for changing the cockpit eyepoint:

Open the xdp file and look for these lines:

<Views>
<View Event="HeadStop"/>
<View Event="HeadPitchUp" Azimuth="0" Elevation="-30"/>
<View Event="HeadPitchDown" Azimuth="0" Elevation="30"/>
<View Event="HeadPitchUpLeft" Azimuth="-45" Elevation="5"/>
<View Event="HeadPitchUpRight" Azimuth="45" Elevation="5"/>
<View Event="HeadRotLeft" Azimuth="-90" Elevation="-5"/>
<View Event="HeadRotRight" Azimuth="90" Elevation="-5"/>
<View Event="HeadPitchDownLeft" Azimuth="-154" Elevation="0"/>
<View Event="HeadPitchDownRight" Azimuth="154" Elevation="0"/>
</Views>

Overwrite the first line: <View Event="HeadStop"/>

Replace with: <View Event="HeadStop" Azimuth="0" Elevation="0" X="0" Y="0.0" Z="0"/>

X is left-right, Y is up/down, and Z is back/forwards.

Adjust the numbers in small increments of 0.1 to 0.3, larger adjustments will place you completely outside of the cockpit. To effect the change you must hit the down arrow on your key board each time you fly.

hairyspin
November 12th, 2011, 10:37
Thanks for reposting that! FYI the X, Y and Z numbers are metres, so that should give experimenters an idea of the sizes involved.

popsaka
November 12th, 2011, 12:39
Those look amazing! -it seems on at least one, the 'no glare' paint helped make the nose appear a bit reduced... Okay, okay, what else have you got stuffed up yer sleeve(S)??? ...alright, then just a screenie of what, in your opinion, is the weirdest oddball idea of the lot...(?) And thanx in advance and in the past for all the wonderful entertainment! :medals::applause:

(...if and when in doubt: upload!)

gecko
November 12th, 2011, 12:43
Jaycee, the guns can be removed by applying an alpha channel to the part of the texture sheet that maps the guns. Here's a P-38 with painted on cameras (not nearly as nice as your modeled on ones) and alpha-ed-away guns. So if you like, you can make the nose the right size without having to show the guns. In fact, most parts of an airplane can be removed this way (on some you have to delete the .mos file for it to work), which is probably right up your alley.

popsaka
November 12th, 2011, 12:55
Daniel, can you upload or post the altered files? (or the entire aircraft---great skin!) :applause:

jaycee
November 12th, 2011, 13:16
Jaycee, the guns can be removed by applying an alpha channel to the part of the texture sheet that maps the guns. Here's a P-38 with painted on cameras (not nearly as nice as your modeled on ones) and alpha-ed-away guns. So if you like, you can make the nose the right size without having to show the guns. In fact, most parts of an airplane can be removed this way (on some you have to delete the .mos file for it to work), which is probably right up your alley.

Thanks gecko for that little snippet, that may come in handy in the future, you'r p38 looks excellent by the way.

jaycee
November 12th, 2011, 13:47
Those look amazing! -it seems on at least one, the 'no glare' paint helped make the nose appear a bit reduced... Okay, okay, what else have you got stuffed up yer sleeve(S)??? ...alright, then just a screenie of what, in your opinion, is the weirdest oddball idea of the lot...(?) And thanx in advance and in the past for all the wonderful entertainment! :medals::applause:

(...if and when in doubt: upload!)

Well Pops, i think everything i upload is probably weird and oddball a bit like me.http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gif

hairyspin
November 12th, 2011, 14:23
...the guns can be removed by applying an alpha channel to the part of the texture sheet that maps the guns ... on some you have to delete the .mos file for it to work...

This unfortunately usually mucks up the .mos file which shows bullet holes etc, a known limitation of CFS3. For example, Johno_UK's Meteor doesn't have a .mos file because the airbrakes use alpha to show the holes in the airbrake flaps.

popsaka
November 12th, 2011, 14:52
...That's a weird one alright!:guinness: Is it an actual profile? --Kinda reminds me of the camo on the hulls of cruisers, destroyers, etc.
---------cheers 'n beers

gecko
November 12th, 2011, 15:47
This unfortunately usually mucks up the .mos file which shows bullet holes etc, a known limitation of CFS3. For example, Johno_UK's Meteor doesn't have a .mos file because the airbrakes use alpha to show the holes in the airbrake flaps.

Only sometimes, this one still uses a mos file. When I tried something similar on a Spit, it would only work if the mos file is deleted. No idea why it works for one and not the other, but that's CFS3 for you.

Edit: had to check my facts, hairyspin is right. Although the skin still displays correctly with guns removed and mos file in place, after getting myself riddled by a 109, not a single bullet hole. oh well. Anyway, if that's what it takes to get an F-5 with no guns, it's worth it IMO.

Led Zeppelin
November 12th, 2011, 23:44
that's really great!

Emile
November 13th, 2011, 01:28
Great, I really like recon aircrafts!

Historical mission for the French F6 is here (ETO_April 1945):
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=70&sort=N&page=2&pp=15

Hello,
After installing these missions and I load ERA 1945 I receive an error popup "mission load failed" I have controlled and think I have all the needed aircrafts, facilities, vehicules
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Led Zeppelin
November 13th, 2011, 03:52
I checked and everything is ETO stock except the F6 that has to be installed.

You are the first one to raise a such issue on this one, which mission fails to load, the Mustang or the Spitfire one?

Do you have MB installed? If yes, try to open it and see what happened.

Otherwise, check in the facility folder if you have Clostermann_smoke.xml and airbase_single_1.xml.

Regarding the spawns, it is not a problem because when they are missing or corrupted, they simply don't work but the missions mission can be flown.

Let me know.

gecko
November 15th, 2011, 12:18
Thanks for the compliments on the skin, the pic shows its better parts though. I don't think it's worth uploading as jaycee's F-5s with real camera bulges modeled with blow it away. I know it'll be getting replaced in my own install as soon as his becomes available. I always love your work Jaycee! Thanks.

HouseHobbit
November 15th, 2011, 12:29
Well Pops, i think everything i upload is probably weird and oddball a bit like me.http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gif

This looks GREAT!!
BRAVO!!

Almost as pretty as a Hobbit Special..:icon_lol:

pete1
November 16th, 2011, 12:13
I hope that both Gecko and Jaycee upload their P-38's and that P-51 too,these look amazing.

jaycee
November 17th, 2011, 10:03
I hope that both Gecko and Jaycee upload their P-38's and that P-51 too,these look amazing.

I will try to upload as soon as i can, The P51 can only be uploaded as a skin, as its for a payware aircraft, It did fly, but i think it was experimental, i dont think it was used on ops.

HouseHobbit
November 17th, 2011, 14:46
Thanks very much for the Me 109's, P-38's and the cool looking skin for the P-51..
Wonderful..Look forward Greatly to all of this..
BRAVO!!!