PDA

View Full Version : Talkin' NCAA Football trash. (For the US SOHers)

Cazzie
November 11th, 2011, 10:06
Fellow US SOH brethren, I am betting that fellow Danvillian David Wilson of Va. Tech will be an All-American this year, he already has the stats. Except for TDs, he is Heisman material. Maybe next year. I am so glad I had the privilege and pleasure of watching him play at the local George Washington HS. He has been the hallmark of HS athletes, whom I have seen play and I have just about seen them all, that made it to the pros in three sports in the last four decades. If he can attain 100+ yards in his last two games against UNC and UVA, can you imagine what a feat he will have accomplished? He will have gained over 100 yards in each and every game that VT has played in this year. Folks, on any level of college football, that is just plain enviable and almost unattainable. Thanks for putting Danville, VA on the US map David, you go guy.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingYards

Meshman
November 11th, 2011, 11:27
I dunno? I thought the fumble he had while driving towards a score didn't help his Heisman chances... Plus he seemed to be standing on the sidelines for a few series while the other running back was getting the carries? Here's hoping he develops into a big time college football player... :bump:

Now if you want to discuss the VaTech QB? That dude is a horse! Start working on the Heisman brochure for 2013 for him? He's got nowhere to go but up!

Cazzie
November 11th, 2011, 12:09
Meshman, Oglesbly will usually get the call in close quarter red zone situations, he is more of a power back than David Wilson. Wilson needs to have room for speed. That's one reason he has so few TDs. Being a Junior, I think you could rule Wilson out anyhow for Heisman. And yes, that fumble hurt, He doesn't do that often, think that was only his 4th of the year. Not bad for a smaller built back, who carries the ball so often. I still keep waiting for him to have one of his breakout games. It's going to happen. When it does, he's magical.

And oh yeah, every pro team has an eye on Mr. Thomas, tall, strong, passes well in the pocket, can be a running threat. I saw him play a couple of HS games against local opponents, he in a class of his own. Sure glad he had his A-game last night, because he was pitiful against meager little Duke.

Caz