PDA

View Full Version : OT 11-11-11 Veterans Day

HouseHobbit
November 11th, 2011, 00:47
Thanks to all who have served and suffered that we all may be free..

If you can read this, Thank a teacher..
:applause: :applause:

If you can read this in "English" Thank a Veteran..
:salute: :salute: :salute:

2/68 Armor HHC Company-Bravo company
Combat arms.."Pathfinder"

Emile
November 11th, 2011, 00:55
Thanks to all who liberated my country.

richcreator
November 11th, 2011, 01:08
Thanks to all who liberated my country.

You're Welcome!
It was a Pleasure!

Murray Cod
November 11th, 2011, 01:15
The 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month is our minutes silence in Australia to remember those who have fallen.

Murray

richcreator
November 11th, 2011, 01:23
The 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month is our minutes silence in Australia to remember those who have fallen.

Murray

Those who have fallen deserve at least one minute, don't they?:banghead:
. . .Deplorable and Unacceptable!

Led Zeppelin
November 11th, 2011, 01:25
My Great Grand Father was in the trenches at Verdun.

loverboy1
November 11th, 2011, 11:34
was at the

....was ww2 pilot /vet - speaker- was a mosquito pilot doing night attackes , like in eto theres a few missions for such, as he did for real and survived .....his story was a real tear jerker and 2100 plus of us in tears

http://www.warplane.com/pages/airnews.html

s/l george stewart dfc. rcaf retired - was our speaker

again many tks to the brave and global forces for peace and security

joshua /lb

Animal
November 11th, 2011, 13:19
:medals:My Dad completed two tours of duty for Canada in the RCAF during WWII. One for home defence, and the other for SEAC. We lost him 2 years ago. I allways tear up on rememberance day. May we never forget any of our veterns young or old.

Capt. Winters
November 13th, 2011, 19:46
I'll be remembering many,

great grand father, KIA, Gallipoli 1915, Grandfather KIA Wewak PNG, 1945, Father 3 tours Vietnam, passed away several years ago now at a young age of 62, after a long illness resulting from injuries sutained in his last tour 1969.

Those who have fallen deserve at least one minute, don't they?:banghead:
. . .Deplorable and Unacceptable!

Hi Rich,

I'm not quite sure how you meant this to come across? is it a general statement about how the world in general supports/remembers its soldiers from wars past and present? or is it a statement that maybe we here in Australia are not doing enough to remember?

I would just like to expand on Murry's comment (just incase it is the latter).
Whilst the 11th of November is our recognised day for remembrance of the Sacrafice of WWI, we here in Australia take it a lot further than just one day a year. You would be hard pressed to go to any town or city of any size anywhere in Australia and not find a memorial to the fallen from WWI, WWII, (and in a lot of cases the Boer War, Korea and Vietnam). We have many activities during the year for remembering our troops both past and present. sponoring great originsations such as Legacy, and the Returned Services League.

And globally your right a minute is not very long, but its a very important minute. For if all the nations stop just once a year to think about the sacrafices made by the young service men and women both in the past and in the present than it will keep (I believe) the ideal's that so many died for in the forefront of our thinking, and in doing so hopefully stop us from taking the sacrafice for granted.

regards Rob.

richcreator
November 13th, 2011, 22:03
Hi Rich,

I'm not quite sure how you meant this to come across? is it a general statement about how the world in general supports/remembers its soldiers from wars past and present? or is it a statement that maybe we here in Australia are not doing enough to remember?

And globally your right a minute is not very long, but its a very important minute. For if all the nations stop just once a year to think about the sacrafices made by the young service men and women both in the past and in the present than it will keep (I believe) the ideal's that so many died for in the forefront of our thinking, and in doing so hopefully stop us from taking the sacrafice for granted.

regards Rob.

Do you really think one minute a year will teach anybody not to take the services of servicemen for granted? You gotta be kidding?
One day a year won't do that. I'd venture a guess most people think Veteran's Day is a day off from work and most people resent not getting their mail this day.
Very little, if any, is taught today in history class in schools where it should be taught and learned and kids today grow up knowing nothing about war and freedom. Kids, instead, are taught how to use condoms.
I could write a book here now on the subject but I'll leave it as it is.

hairyspin
November 14th, 2011, 10:54
We stood with a friend's father on Sunday for the 2 minutes' silence. He wasn't just alive during WW2, he served as aircrew on Marauders in the eastern Mediterranean - 39 Squadron, RAF iirc. It was an honour to stand with him and remember the fallen.

Because of what he and his generation did, I have not had to go to war and as yet it doesn't look like my children will have to. :salute:

pachi
November 14th, 2011, 11:14
I went with my Marine Corp recruiters as a Poolee along with other Poolees to a Veterans Home were we got to talk to many veterans of different services, some served in Saipan, Guadalcanal, Vietnam and such and they were all real friendly and it was an honor talking to them :salute: We also had a cutting of the Marine Corp cake since a day prior was the Marine Corp birthday (Nov. 10, 1775).:birthday2:birthday2