PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's Day

Jagdflieger
November 10th, 2011, 18:27
In 1918, the 11th hour, the 11th day of the 11th month; the war to end all wars came to an end.

While it hasn't quite worked out that way, it's still time to honor our soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines on this Vetern's Day.

This is worth watching every year at this time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYlrrAWCTRg

Salute!

sc7500
November 10th, 2011, 19:56

SC
:salute:

Ghostrider
November 11th, 2011, 03:26
<S>!

GR

Shadow Wolf 07
November 11th, 2011, 03:40
May the Creator bless and keep all those who have served and those who are serving. And may we never forget those citizen soldiers who set aside their lives to take up arms in defense of freedom :salute:

"He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment seat;
Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! be jubilant, my feet;
Our God is marching on..."

tonybones2112
November 11th, 2011, 03:57
This man in this video was a paratrooper in the US Army and got a whole lot of guff from both sides of the political aisle for this personal display of his patriotism which is now one of the most famous performances in rock music. For ALL vets and those active; Jimi, John Fogarty of Creedence, Toy Caldwell of Marshall Tucker Band, my uncles and Dad, who helped design the Sperry bombsight, my brothers and cousins, and my friend, David Johnston, killed by a hit and run driver in 1972 1 mile from his home returning from basic and never got the chance to serve, Hoorah!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3JbKimTdMg

Tony Bones

fxsttcb
November 11th, 2011, 05:19
For those who have fallen.:salute:
For those who have served.:salute:

Hopefully at the 11th hour, the 11th day, the 11th month, of the 11th year, all will honor that "Pittance of Time"...Don

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni

SgtT
November 11th, 2011, 05:51
Thanks to all of the veterans past and present!

T.

Hern07
November 11th, 2011, 07:21
I'm a peacetime veteran, but I feel humble when I think of all those who serve or served in time of war. Thank you all. :ernae:

roszky
November 11th, 2011, 10:48
thanks

STSC/SS USN Ret.

PomBee
November 11th, 2011, 11:56
My thanks to all who have served and continue to serve in the armed forces. Both of my Grandfathers and my Great Uncle (who was killed in action) served in the Western Desert, Italy and Southern Germany. Another Great Uncle flew Hurricanes in The Battle of Britain and served in the RAF throughout the War. It puts my short service in the RAF into perspective.:salute::salute::salute:

Cheers,

PomBee.:ernae:

Rami
November 11th, 2011, 18:58
Good evenings,

Salute, :salute: and a hearty thank you to all! :icon29:

Oglivie
November 12th, 2011, 12:02
Thank You, Dave and All who serve and have served for Freedom!
:salute: