PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Busch done for the weekend!

eddie
November 5th, 2011, 07:53
NASCAR sets him down for intentionally wrecking Hornady in the truck race. No Nationwide race for him either. Don't suppose Gibbs will be real happy,lol

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/NASCAR-bars-Kyle-Busch-for-rest-of-Texas-weekend-110511

Panther_99FS
November 5th, 2011, 09:02
Most definitely a stupid move by Kyle.....no debate from me on the move or the punishment....

redriver6
November 5th, 2011, 20:17
proved himself a punk beyond belief...i think Gibbs should fire him.

looks like ole Childress was right....and ole Ed too...

wombat666
November 6th, 2011, 05:37
Probably on one of Jeremy Mayfield's 'special' medications ....... :173go1:

Panther_99FS
November 6th, 2011, 07:34
For some reason,
I was reflecting on how Brian Vickers "parked" Tony Stewart earlier this year at Infineon...(though Stewart wasn't innocent)

Anyways,
If Kyle doesn't get it after this - then he never will.......Kevin Harvick had some interesting words of wisdom to say about how he "got it" after NASCAR parked him a few years back......

Anyways,
Joe Gibbs managed to get some attitude change in Stewart it's TBD as to whether or not Gibbs can get an attitude change from Kyle....

Terry
November 6th, 2011, 08:20
For some reason,
I was reflecting on how Brian Vickers "parked" Tony Stewart earlier this year at Infineon...(though Stewart wasn't innocent)

Anyways,
If Kyle doesn't get it after this - then he never will.......Kevin Harvick had some interesting words of wisdom to say about how he "got it" after NASCAR parked him a few years back......

Anyways,
Joe Gibbs managed to get some attitude change in Stewart it's TBD as to whether or not Gibbs can get an attitude change from Kyle....

You and I have argued this before. I'll still maintain that a persons basic personality is formed during childhood. After it's formed it can't be changed, but it can be disguised or hidden up to a point. But from time to time the real personality will surface just like in the race. Joe may wind up having to decide between Kyle and the sponsorship.

Panther_99FS
November 6th, 2011, 09:13
Not to change subjects but let's look at this....where does that leave Brian Vickers after the Stewart & Kenseth incidents?

Going back to Kyle, time will only tell....Now, I won't make a guess one way or the other as to which direction he goes....

EasyEd
November 6th, 2011, 10:06
Hey All,

Somebody from NASCAR forums said...

I guess NASCAR just had enough. Just this year, we've had the Harvick incident at Darlington, the 128 mph joyride, the Elliott Sadler retaliation, and now this. NASCAR's just trying to send him a message.

It looked like Kyle was actually trying to keep his nose clean throughout the chase.....that is, until he fell out of the running for the championship. After the championship got out of reach, I guess Kyle figured he didn't have to play nice anymore, which may explain Friday night.

Sums it up for me.

Kyle Busch is probably just another Robby Gordon.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
November 6th, 2011, 11:04
If I were to *GUESS* about what's going on behind the scenes (based on today's pre-race talk), then it **appears** that M&M/Mars stance is that Kyle is now out of mulligans (if hasn't already been dropped)...

EasyEd
November 6th, 2011, 11:52
Hey All,

Yeah I'm guessing Kyle may not be allowed green M&Ms for awhile. :mixedsmi:

That said the original crash - now that I've see the tape - was Hornaday's mistake. He did go 3 wide and got bounced up while Kyle was minding his own business on the outside. Still NASCAR cannot allow those kind of blowups.

-Ed-

PS An add over 27,000 have voted - something like 57% say Gibbs should fire Kyle Busch!

Cazzie
November 6th, 2011, 15:00
Hey All,

Somebody from NASCAR forums said...

Sums it up for me.

Kyle Busch is probably just another Robby Gordon.

-Ed-

No way, Robbie Gordon could not win an oval race if his life depended on it. And he can't win a road course without taking another contender out. Robbie Gordon should have been banned from NASCAR the first time he tried and found out he couldn't cut it.

Kyle was wrong, period, end. He's taking his penalty and not complaining. What he did was wrong, but it's not like others haven't done the same. It's a het up sport and tempers do get riled at times. The fellow Kyle took out isn't someone one would want mom to know as far as driving clean.

Yeah, I got a temper too and sometimes I break things when too many little shoestrings break on a day when everything seems to go against me. There is some Kyle Busch in all of us. The only time in my life I ever beat up someone with my fists was an Indian that played football for Bethal Hill. One Indian clipped me and this guy just purposely fell on my helmet breaking the face guard and cutting me under my right eye. I was totally unhinged, got up, and jerked the little sucker's helmet off, then beat as much of the living sh!t out of him as I could before I was restrained and ejected from the game. I would have killed the SOB had I not been restrained, I was that pissed off. I can imagine after being taken out of four straight NASCAR events through no cause of his own got to him and Kyle lost his cool in the same manner.

eddie
November 8th, 2011, 13:12
He's been fined and put on probation. One more screwup by him, then he's done completely!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/NASCAR-fines-Kyle-Busch-and-adds-probation-until-end-of-year-110711

stansdds
November 9th, 2011, 01:57
Unfortunately I find the probation to the end of the year to be a very light punishment. There are only two races left to run this year, Joe Gibbs could simply send him home for the year, then Kyle is good to go for next season. He's already 11th in the Sprint Cup series, 12th is the absolute worst place he can finish if he sits out the final two races. Ultimately, it might come down to Mars/M&M's as to what happens to Kyle. Joe Gibbs Racing certainly would not want to lose such a good sponsor and there are talented drivers looking for rides these days.

Cazzie
November 9th, 2011, 04:44
But can Joe Gibbs find as talented a driver for Mars? You saw how well McDonnell did in the 18 car. :icon_lol:

God I wish Jr. Johnson was still in the owners lot, Kyle Busch would be right up his alley. I can see now where the populace of NASCAR in this day and age likes sugar-coated racing. Wombat, you got room in Oz for an old American Liberal, who likes things rough and tough, language not meant for ladies and children, and an occasional scruff with an buttwipe. Your V8 series is what NASCAR could have developed into. Sadly they went the way of the level table.

Caz

Panther_99FS
November 9th, 2011, 19:03
God I wish Jr. Johnson was still in the owners lot, Kyle Busch would be right up his alley.

Hmmm....

redriver6
November 9th, 2011, 22:13
Wombat, you got room in Oz for an old American Liberal, who likes things rough and tough, language not meant for ladies and children, and an occasional scruff with an buttwipe. Your V8 series is what NASCAR could have developed into. Sadly they went the way of the level table.

Really?

F1 with fenders....and...............bump counters.....did you know that V8 Supercars have a system that counts how many curbs they bump?????????????

really??

and you think that would be great in NASCAR???

with all due respect to Wombat and V8 Supercars....no thanks.

wombat666
November 10th, 2011, 01:44
Well now red, the usual suspects who slither into administrating and inventing "Rules and Regulations" came up with this system to try to stop drivers kerb hopping at (mostly) street races.
The previous tyre bundles were causing havoc as they would get slung into the path of oncoming cars and (on occasion) launch cars hitting them to an 'interesting' altitude.
The ONLY way to stop drivers from using the kerbs like a Motocross berm is (this is my idea BTW) a 1 metre high solid concrete wall ............ it would certainly put a crimp in their day!
I really became a Boris Said 'Fan' after his V8 debut at Surfers Paradise.
Boris was cutting the chicanes so far from the sensors that they weren't registering, he'd just go straight ahead and skip over the entire chicane.
Out-bloody-standing!!!!
:applause::applause::applause:

eddie
November 10th, 2011, 08:33
And the fallout continues, his Nationwide sponser wants Busch replaced at the Homestead race this year.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/Kyle-Busch-may-be-replaced-by-denny-Hamlin-at-Homestead-111011

redriver6
November 10th, 2011, 19:23
i have a suggestion for JGR....M&M to Joey Logano and Home Depot to Busch...

stansdds
November 11th, 2011, 03:59
I don't know that M&M/Mars would want Logano. He's a nice kid, but his record in the Sprint series has not been good, so much so that Home Depot wants him out of the #20 car, but Gibbs doesn't want to fire him. With Kyle's reputation, would Home Depot want him?

Let's see...
Denny Hamlin - FedEx #11 - barely clinging to the top 12 (now in 10th simply because of Kyle not racing).
Kyle Busch - M&M's #18 - might lose his sponsor due to his temper.
Joey Logano - Home Depot #20 - might lose his sponsor due to his poor finishes.

Joe Gibbs Racing ain't hitting on too much this season.

Terry
November 11th, 2011, 04:08
M&Ms will stay with Bush at Daytona, Interstate is covering his sorry a_s for the last two races. Denny is probably okay. Joey is shakey, JD needs to rework that situation.

eddie
November 11th, 2011, 07:02
Kyle can say good-bye to M&M's, the party's over for the last 2 races anyway. Well, I wonder how dumb he feels now?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/Kyle-Busch-to-race-final-two-Sprint-Cup-series-events-without-main-sponsor-MM-111011

PRB
November 11th, 2011, 08:54
I’ve watched the replay of the incident in the truck race that started all this. At first it looked like Hornaday just got loose, and in trying to save it, accidently got into Busch. After watching it a couple dozen more times (thanks SPEED!) it started to look more like Hornaday intentionally bashed into Kyle’s truck, which, by the way, isn’t so out of character with Hornaday either… If so, I have a teeny weeny bit more sympathy for Mr. Rowdy than before.

The motor-mouths on SPEED said something that got me thinking about what Cazz said in this thread, about Jr. Johnson loving drivers like KB. First, Darrell Waltrip said that he got a “wakeup call” like KB’s getting now, and for the same reason. I wonder if that was while he was driving for Jr. Johnson. He didn’t say. Hmm… Second, one of the other talking heads compared Kyle Busch with the drivers of yesterday in another interesting way. Evidently, if you’re a pit reporter, interviewing KB anywhere but in Victory Lane is a chore, and you’re likely to get some verbal abuse from the Spoiled One. Not that I’m too sympathetic to reporters of any sort, but this guy pointed out that Dale Sr., Richard Petty, Dale Jarrett, etc., none of those guys ever refused an interview, even when they were having a bad day, and were not making anywhere near the riches that Kyle and his peers are getting today.

stansdds
November 11th, 2011, 10:37
The drivers of yesterday probably gave all those interviews, even on their bad days, because they were not paid that much and any publicity was good publicity. These days, with high priced contracts and endorsements, the money flows in and they don't have to be in front of the cameras and microphones. That may start to change in the current economy as big companies pull back on their sponsorships and we see more teams driving plain white cars or having two (perhaps even more) different sponsors during the season. Drivers may once again find that posing for the camera and giving interviews is a good way to keep their names and faces known.

wombat666
November 11th, 2011, 17:59
Despite people who put Richard Petty down for all manner of dumb reasons he was the great ambassador for NASCAR.
I know, I know, "He never met a fan he didn't like and never passed up an autograph", which is why he was so good for NASCAR.
Almost the entire CART grid that used to run at Surfers Paradise were very approachable and very popular with people like me, unlike F1.
Our own V8 Series drivers are well aware of the value that comes from access to the public and work hard at being approachable.
"It costs nothing to be polite" as my father used to say, and he was so bloody right!
I suppose my antipithy toward the present crop of NASCAR punters is their apparant lack of courtesy, on and off the track, compared with the few 'Old Guard' drivers who remain polite and open.
:kilroy: