PDA

View Full Version : New Ju88s-1 by Nachtpiloten available at BeausCFS3

BeauBrummie
October 29th, 2011, 07:38
I am pleased to announce that Ted has released his new Ju88 variant through my ol' website. The download includes the aircraft files and the pylon/weapon files needed. I have also produced a pdf manual for it.

Here's a synopis of the aircrafts history:
The Ju 88S was the result of an attempt to increase the speed of the aircraft. Work began in the new design late in 1942 and production aircraft began to appear late in 1943. Performance was improved by removing any items that would cause unnecessary drag, such as the dive brakes and external bomb racks. The original glass nose was replaced by a smooth transparent nose cap, modelled on the solid nose used on the fighter variants. Powered by two 1,700hp BMW 801D radial engines, the prototype aircraft reached a top speed of 332mph, good but not good enough.
S-1
The S-1 saw even more weight removed. The ventral gondola was removed, and the crew reduced to three. All but the most important protective armour was removed, and the defensive armament was reduced to one MG 131 in the rear cockpit position. Even with all of these changes, the normal top speed was only increased to 340mph. A more important increase came from the use of BMW 801G-2 engines with GM-1 nitrous oxide boost. Under boost the S-1 could reach a top speed of 379mph, not enough to escape from allied fighters, but perhaps enough to make interception more difficult. The S-1 entered production in late 1943 and was the most numerous of the S series aircraft. It was used during Operation Steinbock, the last German bombing offensive against Britain (early 1944) as a pathfinder.

This aircraft belonged to KG 66 (Z6+) Formed at Chartres at end April 1943. The units operational duties were marking targets for other bomber units - "Pfadfinder".

We hope you enjoy
:ernae:

HouseHobbit
October 29th, 2011, 09:33
Thanks very much..:ernae:

I will see how well these wreck..:gameoff:

To all involved many Thanks..
:salute: :salute: :salute:

Animal
October 29th, 2011, 09:44
:icon_lol:Can't thank you enough! Another great aircraft from the masters. Thank you and well done!

Led Zeppelin
October 29th, 2011, 12:16
Great, this one is a rare bird to be added to my ETO collection!

Thank you so much to keep CFS3 alive.

popsaka
October 29th, 2011, 13:17
....Thanx to Ted and Beau both :ernae: Nice screenies and nice river -sky etc etc ---What part of the globe are you flyin' that sled, Valhalla?

:engel016:

greycap.raf
October 29th, 2011, 15:06
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_N_gtrail" AvH="emitter_damage_wing_tip_left" MinVel="36" MaxVel="45" PosX="-10.1" PosY="0.9" PosZ="-1.0"/>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_N_gtrail" AvH="emitter_damage_wing_tip_right" MinVel="36" MaxVel="45" PosX="10.1" PosY="0.9" PosZ="-1.0"/>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="ac_Light_nav_green_reflected" PosX="10.08" PosZ="-0.81" PosY="0.94" MinVel="1" MaxVel="60"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="ac_Light_nav_red_reflected" PosX="-10.08" PosZ="-0.81" PosY="0.94" MinVel="1" MaxVel="60"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_nav_green" PosX="10.08" PosZ="-0.81" PosY="0.94" MinVel="1" MaxVel="60"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_nav_red" PosX="-10.08" PosZ="-0.81" PosY="0.94" MinVel="1" MaxVel="60"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_landing" PosX="-5.2" PosZ="0.6" PosY="0.51" MinVel="1" MaxVel="35"></Effect>

Slightly improved lighting. But what's with the CoG of the aircraft, it's at around -3% MAC while other Ju 88s have at it around +38% and the flying characteristics of this 'S seem to be closely related to those of a brick? Certainly sounds odd to me, the entire flight model is worlds away from any other 4.00 series Ju 88.

NachtPiloten
October 29th, 2011, 16:31
Tried a new way to make the airfile by actually accounting for the weight and placement of the engines. I often thought the 4.00 AvH to be too twitchy and overly agressive to me. Replace the airfile with one of the 4.00's if that suits you better! The MOI is calculated the old way with weight being adjusted differently.

Led Zeppelin
October 30th, 2011, 00:43
I've forgotten something important: nice to see you around Beau'! :wavey:

Old Tiger
October 30th, 2011, 03:26
:salute:Real nice TED! All yer 88's are very cool and nicely done.:medals::guinness:

greycap.raf
October 30th, 2011, 04:28
Tried a new way to make the airfile by actually accounting for the weight and placement of the engines.

Taking a closer look reveals that you've made the engines as stationary loads, yes. But does the rest of the flight model take that into account - the "engineless airframe" should be hopelessly tail heavy (to the point of not being able to fly at all) to get a proper CoG for the complete package? I'm not asking these because I want to be mean but no kidding, this aircraft won't clear the trees with a clean loadout from a 2000m runway with GM-1 and one notch of flaps. In the same clean loadout it needs 50+ units of elevator trim to maintain level flight at 250 mph. It just feels a bit odd to me.

NachtPiloten
October 30th, 2011, 04:52
I looked at the avh airfile and 37.9 CoG is far beyond what is acceptable. Empty the COG should be between 15-25, with AvH the empty and fully loaded are identical, just not correct. As far as clean load out, I did not fly the plane that way when I made it, (probably should have oppps!). I made a new file the old way and have a fully loaded cog of 19.8, which is more reasonable than the Avh file and probably the one that I included. If you want the new one it is attached as a txt file just get rid of the .txt extension. 50935

greycap.raf
October 30th, 2011, 05:15
This one certainly isn't what was included in the package - this flies like aircraft usually do with all loadouts! :applause: Included is another "txt file" with the release flight model, station load CoG -3.1 and fully loaded -0.8, no idea where it came from but it didn't want to fly all that well.

NachtPiloten
October 30th, 2011, 05:19
Now I remember... Tried to make the file using the engine weights and found as greycap did it was miserable. Redid it the old way and never sent those newer files to Beau. The txt that I just sent is correct and I will send the corrected file to beau to fix the one hosted at his site. Grey, thanks for pointing this out!

greycap.raf
October 30th, 2011, 05:39
You're welcome - sometimes being critical and speaking out loud pays its dividents!

Having said that, I actually believe your approach with the engine weight is possible to pull off but it necessitates building the "bare airframe" with a seriously odd CoG so the stationary loads will put it back to where it belongs. Imagine an aircraft without its engine(s), the CoG will probably be somewhere in the rear fuselage instead of close to the wing leading edge and this should be incorporated. Then again, there's little point in doing it that way as you can't get, for example, your engine shot off in CFS3 so that the physics engine would understand to dump a certain stationary load when it happens. But the trick itself can be done if so desired.

BeauBrummie
October 30th, 2011, 09:34
Redid it the old way and never sent those newer files to Beau. The txt that I just sent is correct and I will send the corrected file to beau to fix the one hosted at his site.
The files have uploaded in the aircraft and in a seperate pack.

loverboy1
October 30th, 2011, 10:19
these work well for me .....many tks , see if any missions come forth , hobbit wake wakie ...lol

Led Zeppelin
October 30th, 2011, 10:57
Why don't you build missions yourself? CFS 3 community need mission builders.

A good mission don't especially need to be complicated.

BeauBrummie
October 30th, 2011, 12:13
Quite agree Loic. I just build them for me. Don't worry about the publishing aspect. Let a few trusted souls test them for you as you will always miss something. Keep your first ones simple LB until you get the hang of thing. Top Tip: don't expect CFS3 to be logical or consistant and you won't be too disappointed :icon_lol:.

HouseHobbit
October 30th, 2011, 23:57
Started some missions for this today LB, will send when I can finish them to you..
Tied up right now with wrecking aircraft in the pacific..
And Loving it..

Old Tiger
October 31st, 2011, 07:14
:wavey:Getting ctd when choosing load out 680 liter_internal pathfinder for this Ju 88s bird, anyone else seeing the same thing? I,m not seeing the flares either. Search finds flares but not the 680 liter_internal pathfinder

loverboy1
October 31st, 2011, 12:26
i have alot but there is alot , making missions ....id love in spring to work with hh and get weekly tutorials based on my special needs ...

agree like to in spring

HouseHobbit
October 31st, 2011, 15:08
LB Call me..

BeauBrummie
October 31st, 2011, 15:10
I've forgotten something important: nice to see you around Beau'! :wavey:

Glad to be back Loic :salute:

gaw
November 1st, 2011, 04:16
you guys are amazing.....how doos you knows dat stuff?

NachtPiloten
November 4th, 2011, 06:29
:wavey:Getting ctd when choosing load out 680 liter_internal pathfinder for this Ju 88s bird, anyone else seeing the same thing? I,m not seeing the flares either. Search finds flares but not the 680 liter_internal pathfinder

Here it is. Just forget sometines of all the stuff that I have made over the years and well age and bourbon do have some role in this too.......:icon29: Just remove the .txt and unpack and install.