PDA

View Full Version : AI Aircraft Problem

stovall
December 14th, 2008, 13:55
I have updated my Al Kharj AB in Saudi Arabia scenery, also added an all new Prince Sultans AB. Included will be AI F-16s flying back and forth from OEPS and OE47. My problem is all the aircraft take off and land with no problem from Prince Sultans but over at Al Kharj only the first aircraft will land. After that all aircraft fly the approach and then go around. This is even after the first aircraft is parked. No other aircraft will land after the first. :banghead:

I have checked the airport OE47 files with AFX and Airport Design Editor with no faults. Any ideas from anyone. I have worked on this for two days with no resolution.

Thanks in advance.

Lionheart
December 14th, 2008, 16:17
Hey Stovall,

Sounds like the flights are too close together. I had heard about this flaw from Wozza. There is a work around but I cannot remember what it is. You might try staggering the time on the jets a bit more so they have spacing when they come in to land. Then some might actually touch down instead of doing laps continuously around the base.

Bill

Lionheart
December 14th, 2008, 16:29
You know, I was just thinking. If you open the flight plans, and on key aircraft, change their airspeed by 1 to 5 knots, they will all take off in a group, but land one at a time, because they will fly in different speeds, arriving at different times.

:d

Bill

stovall
December 14th, 2008, 16:30
Hey Stovall,

Sounds like the flights are too close together. I had heard about this flaw from Wozza. There is a work around but I cannot remember what it is. You might try staggering the time on the jets a bit more so they have spacing when they come in to land. Then some might actually touch down instead of doing laps continuously around the base.

Bill

Thanks Bill, I wondered about that. It is interesting that the same scheduled times work great at other airports but just not at the Al Kharj scenery I created. I will check out your suggestion.

Thanks, Tom

stovall
December 14th, 2008, 18:25
Bill, no joy on spacing out the times. At this airport the second aircraft and all following aircraft will not land. It seems they think there is something on the runway?

Stumped by this one.

Tom

ananda
December 15th, 2008, 00:03
Does the landing aircraft when taxiing-in pass through a hold-short node?

Lionheart
December 15th, 2008, 01:17
Does the landing aircraft when taxiing-in pass through a hold-short node?

They are supposed to.

For AI to work properly, they also need a hold short for take-offs as well. Dont know why. (At least that is what I remember.. :kilroy: )

Bill

stovall
December 15th, 2008, 04:01
Ananda and Bill, the exit taxiways do not have hold short nodes, only the takeoff taxiways. That could be it. I will put those in and respond after testing. Your help is much appreciated.

Tom

stovall
December 15th, 2008, 04:35
Ananda and Bill, you guys are great, putting the stop nodes at the exits did the trick. Makes sense, it tells the incoming aircraft that the runway is clear.

I should have my upgraded Al Kharj (Desert Storm) ready today or tomorrow for sure. Michael Carr is testing for me now. I also have done Prince Sultans at the time of Desert Storm. The F-16s fly back and forth from these two airbases to give some action at the airports. Thanks for the help!!! :jump::ernae:

Tom

ananda
December 15th, 2008, 10:16
I'm glad to see you are sorted :wiggle:

Lionheart
December 15th, 2008, 10:27
Awesome...

I like to watch the AI system run and always note how they work. They always do that 'hold short' thing.

The wierd part is that you have to 'add' a runway section to the runway, (that black line in AFCAD) for AI to notice the runway. I guess its all part of the system.

Sort of reminds me of those robots on the Axiom in the movie Wall-E, lol... They need all those little lines and slots in the floor to go anywhere...

Bill

stovall
December 15th, 2008, 11:31
Bill, the AI at this scenery looks really cool. Always liked the F-16 Fighting Falcon. A fun thing to do is Bruce Fitzgerald has made a Humvee. I downloaded from Avsim and now sit in my Humvee and watch the AI work Al Kharj and Prince Sultans. These two scenery will be in a package called Desert Storm AB. As soon as Michael Carr checks them out I will publish.

Thanks for the help Ananda and Bill, Tom