PDA

View Full Version : I'm running ragged

LouP
October 27th, 2011, 17:04
Don't know why we do this to ourselves but I decided to do the SSD thing. Last night I installed two SSDs in my system. I have a Corsair GT 120 gb where my OS and probably BF3 will live and a Corsair GT 240 that will be my new home for FSX when its all done. I already have W7 installed and running very nicely but I am running around like a nut trying to get my FSX back. The main issue is that I lost most of my install files in a back-up hard drive crash a while ago (I did a post about it). I plan on just dragging my aircfaft and gauges folder from my old install which should give me back most of my payware aircraft but I am going to re-install my scenery as I have a lot of ORBX material and am not sure what to do about the ancilliary programs like FTX Central. Now this is not at all a bad thing (though tiring) as my last FSX bloated up to around 190 gb. There are a few sceneries I can forgo and maybe save some space. Is there anyone out there that uses FTX central and has the manuals on another drive? Is it possible as it would be nice to save the space on the SSD? Also, if there is an easier way here, feel free to speak up, I'm all ears.

Thanks,
LouP

greenie
October 27th, 2011, 20:00
Not exactly answering your question but may be of interest...

I might be wrong here but sometime ago I did a quick fsx reinstall , removed Orbx, Ozx scenery folder and just popped it back afterwards. To reinstate ftx central I installed one airport and that kind of re linked every thing. There where problems like elevation issues in PNW so I reinstalled that ( straight on top of the "inserted " one) ...fixed , and quite fast too. I had one airport issue and just reinstalled that again , again it goes in fast .

There may have been other problems but I tend to fix these instinctivly and automatically . I do remember thinking that I would do it this way again if I had too.
Anyway no harm trying ,if no good just remove and go through the tedious proper method.

mal998
October 28th, 2011, 04:11
If I read you correctly the question is about the Orbx manuals. They will install automatically as you re-install each Orbx scenery. I believe that they are installed to a specific folder so FTX Central can find them. However you could move them to a different place but I"m not sure FTX would then be able to find them. There may be a way to re-direct FTX Console so as to point it to a new location for the scenery manuals if you move them.

This question would probably be better served if you posted it over at the Orbx forums.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/index.php

LouP
October 29th, 2011, 11:33
Thanks guys, Greenie your suggestion saved me a ton of time, thank you. I am almost back to where I was and FSX is running unbelievably good off the SSD, it was well worth all the effort.

LouP