PDA

View Full Version : Erco 415 Ercoupe(freeware) released 17may12

full
October 27th, 2011, 13:50
This is also a WIP, but will be next out the Classic Wings hangar

Reddog
October 27th, 2011, 14:33
yea looking forward to this one since I was partners in one for a while.
If u don't alrady have it here's a link to some pics that might help.
http://www.ercoupe.net/PhotoAlbum.html
also this site.
http://www.ercoupe.org/

My coupe in FSX:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2/reddog103/Ercoupe FSX/asitwasintheRW.jpg

unfortunitly it is no more, was totaled in a crash after I had gotten out of it.

beana51
October 27th, 2011, 15:31
I had asked my dad,to buy me one,he said " SON,YOU"LL KILL YER SELF"...so I had to settle for a LIONEL ELECTRIC TRAIN SET. it was a bit steep that plane, selling at $ 2,994... Train set??$49.Bucks...Expensive also!No Credit Card then!!..<label for="rb_iconid_19">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gif</label>

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/beana51/Macy-Poster-750W.jpg

Reddog
October 30th, 2011, 08:02
Just a BUMP so it doesn't get to lost.

Mr.Mugel
October 30th, 2011, 10:50
2994$, a little more than I payed for my used motorcycle two years ago... Well, money is changing.

Looks like a nice project, too, even though I canīt find the beauty in that aircraft...

Reddog
October 30th, 2011, 13:03
When my partner's and I bought ours back around 1980 /81 we paid $9000.00 for it, it was out of a fresh annual, had new paint and not a lot of hours on the engine.
Saw one advertised just a week or so ago for $20,000.00!

EMatheson
October 30th, 2011, 13:21
Hey... we need an FS9 version of this one. There really is no up-to-date option in FS9 for Ercoupe lovers right now...

Roger
October 30th, 2011, 14:18
Hey... we need an FS9 version of this one. There really is no up-to-date option in FS9 for Ercoupe lovers right now...

Perhaps, rather than asking (or almost telling) the developer why not investigate the possibility of upgrading to FsX yourself or merely admire the quality of the work in another sim? That would seem to me the Christian thing to do.

falcon409
October 30th, 2011, 15:15
2994$, a little more than I payed for my used motorcycle two years ago... Well, money is changing.
Looks like a nice project, too, even though I canīt find the beauty in that aircraft...
Admittedly, it is a very dated airframe and it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that even the smallest aircraft do these days, but I'm guessing that in it's time, the beauty in part, was due to the availability to a wide audience (because of price) and the simplicity. A relatively easy airplane to fly and very forgiving. These days though, the beauty is in it's longevity and popularity among other things, at least that's my opinion.:salute:

beana51
October 30th, 2011, 15:40
I said to my Dad then,boy I would like to Fly that!....He said Son You"ll kill yer self!" http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif...so I settled for a post war Lionel Train set.

It was "JAUNTY"looking,Sliding cockpit,low wing..with a Forked tail..Shiny a real dream for a young man.

However $2,994 dollars was a lot of money, and the Lionel was $49.dollars!
How Much things cost at that time??

Average Cost of new house $4.600.00

Average wages per year $2,400.00

Cost of a gallon of Gas 15 cents

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/beana51/screenshot909.jpg

By Kazunori Ito (http://www.flightsim.com/main/review/ito/ito2.htm).

Reddog
October 30th, 2011, 16:23

There are 2 out there for FS9, 1 by John Woodward and 1 by K. Ito, his are what u see in the posted screen shots, Johns was a 2002 model he upgraded for 2004 and mr. Ito's is for 2004. John Humphries did a ton of repaints for Mr. Ito's and the late Leon Louis did them for John W's.

modelr
October 31st, 2011, 01:33
A new Ercoupe will be greatly appreciated.

One of the nice things about them is that they qualify for the new FAA Sportsman's license.

One of my flying buddies' "new" Ercoupe.

falcon409
October 31st, 2011, 04:35
Very nice Don. There are very few airplanes that, even given the financial freedom, I would love to actually own, as I'm drawn mostly to those in the Light Sport Aircraft area and the Ercoupe would definitely be one I'd love to own. I just like the way it looks, it's personality if you will. It's just a very cool little airplane and it's nice to see that it has withstood the test of time and folks still enjoy flying the classics.:applause:

EMatheson
October 31st, 2011, 06:17
Sorry if I ruffled a few feathers there... didn't intend the offense that seems to have been caused.
I do have fsx loaded now... and it runs fine. Nevertheless, I remeber not being very satisfied the last time I did load an ercoupe. I was pretty. Excited by Aeroplane Heavens announcment of an ercoupe several years ago... but nothing seems to have come of that.

Bomber_12th
October 31st, 2011, 07:07
Really looking forward to this! I have had an original Sensenich wood propeller in my ownership for the last 5 years (hanging in my room), and last year I finally traced the serial/production numbers stamped in it, to find that it was manufactured for use on a Ercoupe - so ever since, I tend to feel I have at least a little connection to one...now I just need to find a way to collect everything else that needs to bolt on behind it. ; )

modelr
October 31st, 2011, 17:32
Very nice Don. There are very few airplanes that, even given the financial freedom, I would love to actually own, as I'm drawn mostly to those in the Light Sport Aircraft area and the Ercoupe would definitely be one I'd love to own. I just like the way it looks, it's personality if you will. It's just a very cool little airplane and it's nice to see that it has withstood the test of time and folks still enjoy flying the classics.:applause:

Yes, I'm waiting for him to finish getting his ticket so I can go up in it. His instructor is really screwing him around. The Ercoupe he trained in, (NOT his,) went out of service a year ago, and his instructor refuses to let him take his final check ride in any other plane, including this one. Unfortunately, we don't have an instructor certified to give him his final at our field. Needless to say, my friend is very upset. His plane rarely gets flown. It just finished it's annual, with flying colors. He does have a friend who has been going with him to some flyins the last month or so, so it has finally gotten a few hours on it.

Don

beana51
October 31st, 2011, 17:52
They grow on you,Ercoups..the simplicity of a earlier time. Today ,its still popular this plane among some.,Kinda like the Ford Edsel..they have a following!..Was..not always like this....The COUPE BASHING was great fun at the strips....No tail wheel??? no rudder Pedals?..steers like a car??..the ,or ER Coupe,or HIC coupe..often was not the choice of the HOT SHOTS...a GRANNIE PLANE!!....The J-3 was the Thing!!..But super ego's prevailed..they became stored in the back of lots,garages..Today before I would get in one...I Would want to be certain its RESTORED TO NEW!..otherwise Your A Test Pilot..and Wings do fall off,and the engines do quit.
I did fly it a couple of times, and was forced to echo that negative chorus then,..but Dam I said to my self begrudgingly..its NICE!...as time goes by,all the things of yesteryear seem more attractive!!

full
April 5th, 2012, 07:26
An update on the Ercoupe....

Main external textures have been applied, just the internals to do now.

I have also done some different variants if anyone is interested (Float, Tail-dragger, Twin-Ercoupe)

Reddog
April 5th, 2012, 07:44
An update on the Ercoupe....

Main external textures have been applied, just the internals to do now.

I have also done some different variants if anyone is interested (Float, Tail-dragger, Twin-Ercoupe)

Looking good and the variants are intrigueing, how about a "what if" retractable gear version?
:applause:

rdaniell
April 5th, 2012, 08:31
An update on the Ercoupe....Main external textures have been applied, just the internals to do now.

Whoa Nellie!!!! :stop: That little thang shore is looking purty.:applause:That one's on my list no matter whether it's payware or freeware. I've got to have it when it is released. The last airplane I owned was an Ercoupe. I'm looking forward to flying this one in the virtual skies of FSX.:jump:

RD

IFlySWA
April 5th, 2012, 08:42
Fantastic!! :applause::applause:

Brian

mikezola
April 5th, 2012, 08:59
Looking forward to it, Craig- Looks very nice...

I'll bet that down the road there will be lots of people ready to throw some interesting paint jobs on it as well...

-Mike Z.

rdaniell
April 5th, 2012, 09:00
Here's a photo of my son, who is now 36 years old, sitting in the cockpit of the Ercoupe I used to own. It was painted in a camoflauge scheme and named "Scrappy II." I have John Woodward's Ercoupe in FS9 with that paint scheme.

RD

Reddog
April 5th, 2012, 09:15
Mine was metalic gray with blue trim and John Humphries did mine for Mtr.Ito's coupe, BTW works in FSX too.

rdaniell
April 5th, 2012, 09:25
Mine was metalic gray with blue trim and John Humphries did mine for Mtr.Ito's coupe, BTW works in FSX too.

John's does not work in FSX but, looks like my waiting will soon be over. And on a personal father's pride note: My son could fly the Ercoupe completely unassisted. I enjoyed just riding along in the right seat. Made his ole daddy really proud.

RD

rdaniell
April 5th, 2012, 09:27
Looking forward to it, Craig- Looks very nice...

I'll bet that down the road there will be lots of people ready to throw some interesting paint jobs on it as well...-Mike Z.

I sure hope so. Hopefully someone will do "Scrappy II" for me. John Terrell (Bomber12th) has already sent me the fighting duck art work for the nose art it had on it.

RD

Reddog
April 5th, 2012, 09:39
Here u go, lots of pics http://www.ercoupe.net/PhotoAlbum.html

More here http://www.ercoupe.org/

OleBoy
April 5th, 2012, 09:47
I've a friend who owns an Ercoupe and have flown in it many times through the years around the PNW region.
He also enjoys the Ercoupe as a 1/4 scale gas model.

Lionheart
April 5th, 2012, 09:51
Looking great! Nice work on the mesh and rivets/panel lines.

:applause: :icon29: :applause:

rdaniell
April 5th, 2012, 09:54
I've a friend who owns an Ercoupe and have flown in it many times through the years around the PNW region.
He also enjoys the Ercoupe as a 1/4 scale gas model.

There was a 1/4 scale model for sale up at the Perry, Georgia, swap meet this year. I really wanted to buy it but, I don't have anyway to get it back and forth from our flying field. It also had an "unusual" paint scheme on it too. Nothing like any Ercoupe I have ever seen. The only other RC models available are really small electric versions.

RD

Roger
April 5th, 2012, 10:15
That's looking bloomin' marvellous Craig!:ernae::applause:

full
April 8th, 2012, 01:25
I didn't believe it until I saw this...

http://www.ercoupe.net/N93541.html

rdaniell
April 8th, 2012, 03:36
I didn't believe it until I saw this...http://www.ercoupe.net/N93541.html

Thanks for that link. I've been having an ongoing dissagreement with a rc flying club member who claims his father used to own an Ercoupe with retracs.
I took the position that there never was such a version. Guess I was wrong. Still don't think his father even owned one....

RD

Reddog
April 8th, 2012, 05:11
I remember seeing this but forgot were, why I requested it as a "what if" guess the what if can be dropped.:icon_lol:

TeaSea
April 9th, 2012, 13:07
I helped pull the wings off an Ercoupe last year to do the mandated wing bolt inspection. It was a bit of a pain, but the design on these is really simple. Getting the bolts back in was not so simple.

In did discover that I cannot fit in one of these things, which is sort of disappointing since I really wanted a ride. I'm 6'2" and weigh 235lbs and it was just a bit too much of a squeeze with another guy. Ah well . . .

Looking forward to this one and the P-39. Keep up the good work!

full
April 9th, 2012, 23:20
Many thanks guys, here are some WIP shots of the reflect & bump mapping.

stiz
April 10th, 2012, 01:09
a keeper for sure :applause:

rdaniell
April 10th, 2012, 03:35
How much longer till Christmas?:jump: I can hardly wait.

RD

full
April 10th, 2012, 08:40
LOL I don't want to say the "S" word but, its getting there.

A shot of the VC, done some texture baking on this (1st for me)

rdaniell
April 10th, 2012, 09:20
LOL I don't want to say the "S" word but, its getting there.A shot of the VC, done some texture baking on this (1st for me)

Well Full, you have just made me one very happy former real world Ercoupe owner. I was hoping that you would do that particular layout of the cockpit.
It is identical (well almost) to my "Scrappy II." I notice that you also have modeled the canopy with the sliding up and down sides. Again just like mine.

While I know you didn't use the "S" word, I know that this ole former Ercouper is going to have many great flights once it is released. Ah! The memories that this little baby will afford me.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. BTW, did I say Thank you.

RD

pilottj
April 10th, 2012, 09:27
That is looking beautiful Craig. :salute::icon29:

Here is a pic of the Taildragger variety. Makes you wonder if there was a few kts performance increase without the dangly thing in front :)

falcon409
April 10th, 2012, 10:00
Beautiful job Craig. Looks to me, judging buy the responses thus far. . . .this will be very well received when released. :applause:

scotsman
April 10th, 2012, 10:30
Craig, that's stunning!

When you announced to make an Ercoupe, I bought a yoke in addition to my flight stick to be prepared.
Will it be possible to stow the rudder pedals away when flying that plane?

Mike

rdaniell
April 10th, 2012, 11:00
Craig, that's stunning! When you announced to make an Ercoupe, I bought a yoke in addition to my flight stick to be prepared.
Will it be possible to stow the rudder pedals away when flying that plane? Mike

Just check "auto rudder" to get the full Ercoupe experience.

RD

rdaniell
April 17th, 2012, 12:13
from Full....I'm going into Ercoupe withdrawal. :kilroy:

RD

full
April 17th, 2012, 12:46
LOL, ok here's a couple of interior shots, Just done the gauges and night lighting (emissive lighting) another 1st from me :)

RD have you any pics of Scrappy II ?

rdaniell
April 17th, 2012, 13:02
I had several that were lost in a computer crash. The only survior is an interior shot which I've posted before. If my neighbor has a scanner, I'll try to get you a couple more.

RD

Reddog
April 17th, 2012, 13:03
WOW that is looking good. I hope the sites I posted early on has been a help to you.

papab
April 17th, 2012, 13:05
Those VC shots are awesome!

Lighting looks fantastic
Great Job!
Rick

rdaniell
April 17th, 2012, 13:24
Here are some FS9 screenshots of John Woodward's Ercoupe painted like ScrappyII.

RD

rdaniell
April 17th, 2012, 14:16
Three photos of the "real" ScrappyII.

RD

full
April 18th, 2012, 00:17
Many thanks guys, everyone's input into this project has been great.

I see N62PF is still around although painted with German crosses...

Reddog, do you have any pics of your old Coupe ? I see it had a crash and is no more :(

rdaniell
April 18th, 2012, 03:19
Reddog, do you have any pics of your old Coupe ? I see it had a crash and is no more :(

Yes it is. Looks like the only thing remaining from ScrappyII is the nose art. I once met the couple that had owned ScrapppyII. The N number comes from the year that it was rebuilt, 1962, and P for Patricia and F for Frank. Met them at an airshow at Auburn, Alabama, where I had ScrappyII on display. They shared some photos of the restoration process. Small world....

RD

OleBoy
April 18th, 2012, 06:50
I got hold of my friend Jack (on the phone) who owns a real one, and gave him the link here to this topic about two weeks ago. His response sounded like, hmmm, really? He had interest. Anything Ercoupe gets his attention. :icon_lol:
I've been trying to get him interested in flightsim for about a year now. The thing is he said he enjoys being out in his shop building R/C and/or flying the real thing in his free time. Although he did make comment to increasing costs of operation in the RW. so who knows.
I might just have to nudge him again to come have a peek at what's to come.

Again, nice work Craig!

Reddog
April 18th, 2012, 12:57

I sent u a PM today. Don't have any good pics but can send u a set of screenshots of the one John H did for me. They are correct.

Reddog

OleBoy
April 18th, 2012, 14:46
Found in my ramblings today.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_VJ3irRRUsw/Tff1YzGbE6I/AAAAAAAABfY/E1Mib9y_e_s/s1600/CIMG4474.JPG

rdaniell
April 25th, 2012, 02:57
I needed an Ercoupe fix as I was once again starting into Ercoupe Withdrawals so I changed my avatar to an Ercoupe...Plus I wanted this thread to come off the fourth page and back to the first..

RD

Reddog
April 25th, 2012, 09:10
I needed an Ercoupe fix as I was once again starting into Ercoupe Withdrawals so I changed my avatar to an Ercoupe...Plus I wanted this thread to come off the fourth page and back to the first..

RD

Me tooo!:icon_lol:

full
April 27th, 2012, 01:53
It Fly's ! NX93384 :)

Reddog
April 27th, 2012, 05:20
It Fly's ! NX93384 :)

now ain't that the coolest looking twin engined 4 place ever:jump:

ramjet
April 27th, 2012, 13:03
Hi all,

On a recent visit to Stark's Twin Oaks, an actual visit, my eye was caught by an unusual little plane. I thought maybe it was a navion but as I got closer I saw the twin tail and when I walked up to it I read the name Ercoupe. What a great looking little plane. It looks like a miniature version of a classic airliner. I looked in the cockpit and where I expected to see a single seat there were two. I'm average size but no way two of me sitting in that plane. The last time I tried that was with another adult in the rear seat of a Schweitzer glider. Maybe a quick hop or fast tour but ( and I mean but) I know I would soon loose all feeling in my lower half very fast in that plane.

The one I saw is being restored but it looked complete although weathered and in need of some attention

An FSX model should be a lot of fun.

good flights, Cal

full
May 1st, 2012, 08:11
Luckily FSX doesn't discriminate on size and weight of pilots :)

Here's the Tail dragger version N9788

Roger
May 1st, 2012, 08:48
That's looking drop dead gorgeous Craig:applause:

falcon409
May 1st, 2012, 09:14
That's looking drop dead gorgeous Craig:applause:
Yea, what Roger said. . . .Hubba, Hubba!:applause:

rdaniell
May 1st, 2012, 09:31
....Scrappy II's paint scheme. Here's two screeshots which are different from my earlier post.

It should go without saying but, I'm presently not suffering from Ercoupe withdrawals....:icon_lol:

RD

modelr
May 1st, 2012, 10:13
Beautiful, Craig.

Are the different configurations going to be in the package? Hope so.

full
May 1st, 2012, 10:28
Hi Don,

All configurations can be made on the fly via the clipboard (below)

And here's Reddog's old Coupe.

Reddog
May 1st, 2012, 11:14
Hi Don,

All configurations can be made on the fly via the clipboard (below)

And here's Reddog's old Coupe.

Looking mighty good!!!!!!:applause:

IFlySWA
May 1st, 2012, 11:39
It just keeps getting better and better! :applause::applause:

Brian

Cag40Navy
May 1st, 2012, 14:13
This is looking to be a HUGE winner!!!

Sundog
May 1st, 2012, 18:50
I was just excited to be getting a good Ercoupe. I didn't realize we'd be getting so many variations. Woohoo!!! :)

rdaniell
May 3rd, 2012, 16:13
Scrappy II and friend doing a little night formation flying.

RD

rdaniell
May 11th, 2012, 06:59
...Here's a screen shot of Full's Erco 415 Ercoupe in the current paint scheme of N62PF. If you look closely, you can see "ScrappyII" parked in the background.

RD

rdaniell
May 11th, 2012, 07:11
...Ain't this a good looking Ercoupe?????? Anybody want to guess my answer?

RD

big-mike
May 11th, 2012, 07:15
RD,
where can i get this?
Thanks
Michael

rdaniell
May 11th, 2012, 07:32
RD, where can i get this? Thanks Michael

Michael, it is still in the Beta Testing phase. The project is the work of an Outhouse member whose screen name is: full.

While I have no idea when he will be releasing it, I can say that it is a great airplane and every how long the wait may be, you and everyone else who downloads it will be quite happy when it is released. Full has done an outstanding job on the model and everything else.

As a former owner of an Ercoupe, I find it hard to adequately express my gratitude to Full for undertaking this project.

RD

big-mike
May 11th, 2012, 07:39
Thanks,RD.
So i have to wait.
Michael

Reddog
May 11th, 2012, 07:48
They sure are looking good. I have 16 hours in 91H now and really like it. Craig sent me a reducted texture folder for it and that helps the frames, the shared texture folder could be reducted to, that would help a lot more.These old eyes see no difference in them over the 5 meg ones.:jump:

srgalahad
May 11th, 2012, 08:12
now ain't that the coolest looking twin engined 4 place ever:jump:

It was designed as the ideal family 4-place cruiser - wife and MIL sit in right fuselage which (due to lack of electrics) has no intercom and controls are disabled. Whining sounds from the right can be cancelled by keeping sliding plex closed on the ground and wind noise serves well in flight.

Right-side seats can be removed allowing for cargo straps to hold down 8 Two-fours of camping beverage for those weekend-long fly-ins.

rdaniell
May 11th, 2012, 11:41
... but, where the heck is that lake?:ques:

RD

Reddog
May 11th, 2012, 12:04
AS slow as it flys with wheels those floats must really drag the cruise speed down.

full
May 13th, 2012, 04:56
AS slow as it flys with wheels those floats must really drag the cruise speed down.

Yeah, I've added some parasite drag to the float version now. Found out yesterday that the "Seacoupe" crashed on its maiden flight so was never certified.

I'm holding off releasing the package until I finish this variant...

Reddog
May 13th, 2012, 06:55
Yeah, I've added some parasite drag to the float version now. Found out yesterday that the "Seacoupe" crashed on its maiden flight so was never certified.

I'm holding off releasing the package until I finish this variant...

That is going to be really neat. Will my N3191H repaint work on these different variations?

full
May 13th, 2012, 13:43
Yep, all paints will work with all the different variations.

rdaniell
May 13th, 2012, 15:00
The first shows the cockpit with only the white light on before engine start. The second shows the engine running with the white overhead light off.
Full modeled a red cockpit lamp mounted above and aft of the seat. This gives plenty of light to the instruments while maintaining good night vision.

OK, it's time to do a little "Night Couping."

RD

rdaniell
May 13th, 2012, 15:31
...engine installed in Scrappy II. On the test flight, the chase pilot called and wanted to know what happened to my gear. I told him that they fell off when I lifted off from the runway....LOL... Fortunately for me I was just teasing him. Full is also going to be releasing an Ercoupe with retracts. Well, if you've been following this thread, you already knew that. But, did you know it was going to have a 160 hp engine? I didn't.

As Full stated above in his latest post, and as can be seen from the screen shots the paint schemes can be used on any of the models.

RD

Lionheart
May 13th, 2012, 15:35
How in the world did you get a red light to illuminate the panel??????

Very nice!

Bill
LHC

beana51
May 13th, 2012, 17:31
RED LIGHTS....Night vision....Like mine in the Flt. 1 Dreamfleet Archer PA-28-181...would like to see it in most planes!.....Red light is used in cockpits for night flying because it is the least detrimental to the pilot's night vision. You have noticed that it takes a period of accommodation for your eye to see well in the dark after leaving a lighted room. That accommodation is easier after being exposed to red light.

There are two problems with the red light in the cockpit. First the human eye is less sensitive to red light than to any other color of the spectrum. Second, the pilot cannot see red print (which is sometimes used on navigation charts) under the red light. To solve this second problem the cockpits often have a small, narrow-beamed white light that is used sparingly. Often the pilot closes one eye when using the white light to preserve the night adaptation of that eye.

The human eye sees green the best. So the important information (like numbers on instruments) are generally green (or sometimes yellowish green) in color.

Maintaining good vision inside and outside the cockpit... even at night... is important to a pilot.

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/beana51/screenshot1772.jpg

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/beana51/screenshot1773.jpg
<tbody>

</tbody>

full
May 17th, 2012, 13:32
How in the world did you get a red light to illuminate the panel??????

Very nice!

Bill
LHC

Hi Bill,

Its a fx file just like a nav light, Randy's suggestion :)

full
May 17th, 2012, 13:36
Here are the finished Ercoupe packages (I think), I will also be uploading the files to the library here tomorrow.

Happy Couping !

http://www.classicwings.net/freeplanes/Ercoupe/Ercoupe.exe (2048 Textures)

http://www.classicwings.net/freeplanes/Ercoupe/ErcoupeLite.exe (1024 Textures)

rdaniell
May 17th, 2012, 13:49
OK Ercoupers it's time for some screen shots from the rest of you'll. I have to tell this little airplane is a "keeper."

RD

Walter
May 17th, 2012, 14:12
Thank you! :jump:

Roger
May 17th, 2012, 14:33
Great stuff:ernae::applause:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/erco1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/erco-2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/erco-4.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/erco-3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/erco-5.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/erco-6.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/erco-7.jpg

Bruce Thompson
May 17th, 2012, 15:19
Thank you full for the HU on this wonderful aircraft, downloaded and flown great:applause: :applause::applause:.

Regards
Bruce.

DaveKDEN
May 17th, 2012, 15:28
Can't seem to find the download link?

Roger
May 17th, 2012, 15:30
Can't seem to find the download link?

Dave see post #90

Cag40Navy
May 17th, 2012, 15:32
THANK YOU FULL!

DaveKDEN
May 17th, 2012, 15:44
Dave see post #90

As always - thanks Roger!

Lionheart
May 17th, 2012, 16:05
Thanks Craig! Awesome, awesome!

I look forward to taking this baby for a nice, long, good flight. The work looks amazing, especially on the rivets on the wings.

:applause: :medals: :applause:

Bill

papab
May 17th, 2012, 16:31
Craig,
Thank you for this aircraft
I downloaded the 2048 textures and the gauges did not show...
What did I do wrong?
Rick

paiken
May 17th, 2012, 16:33
Just had her up for a quick flight...what a blast. And what an outstanding plane! I really enjoyed seeing the fuel gauges bouncing around and the antennae moving around in the slipstream. Can't wait to take a flight around the canyonlands. Absolutely fabulous.

falcon409
May 17th, 2012, 17:29
Not much can be added to what has already been expressed here Craig. An absolutely beautiful job of reproducing a true classic. You should be very proud!! My thanks for all your hard work.:salute:

dvj
May 17th, 2012, 19:41
Absolutly Brilliant!
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/134czst_8.jpg

wallyboard
May 18th, 2012, 08:36
Interesting little flyer she is, and lots of candidates for re-paints. Thanks for this!

Cheers
Larry

griphos
May 18th, 2012, 10:11
Had something odd happen in my first flight. She flew in a constant skid. The ball stayed all the way over to the right unless I held almost full right rudder, and so she lost a lot of airspeed, naturally.

Landed, ended flight, picked a different skin (no idea if that made any difference) and flew again. This time all was well.

A couple of questions. There's a redline indicator at 2200 RPM. That seems reasonable if she is flying an A-65 or similar. But she sure won't hit the specified 83 kts cruise at that setting. I flew it at 2400 and got better speed, but the oil temps rose. So, first, nice modeling of systems! Second, what cruise setting should I use?

Second, would flying with autorudder (something I never do) mimic the connected rudder system of the Ercoupe realistically?

Thanks for this model. I've long wanted an Ercoupe for FSX. What an interesting bird!

dvj
May 18th, 2012, 11:55
Fun
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/684erco_copy.jpg

full
May 18th, 2012, 12:52
Had something odd happen in my first flight. She flew in a constant skid. The ball stayed all the way over to the right unless I held almost full right rudder, and so she lost a lot of airspeed, naturally.

Landed, ended flight, picked a different skin (no idea if that made any difference) and flew again. This time all was well.

Hi, thats a new one on me ! never had it happen, could have been a controller issue ?

A couple of questions. There's a redline indicator at 2200 RPM. That seems reasonable if she is flying an A-65 or similar. But she sure won't hit the specified 83 kts cruise at that setting. I flew it at 2400 and got better speed, but the oil temps rose. So, first, nice modeling of systems! Second, what cruise setting should I use?

The system's modelling is probably more a fluke than anything LOL, I owe most of the flight tweaking to Randy (RDaniell) and Bob (Reddog) who are both X Ercouper's, maybe they could tell you more.

Second, would flying with autorudder (something I never do) mimic the connected rudder system of the Ercoupe realistically?

Absolutely ! this is highly recommended to get the full Ercoupe experience, plus the rudders only move with the ailerons.

Thanks for this model. I've long wanted an Ercoupe for FSX. What an interesting bird!

I have really enjoyed making the Ercoupe and its become my favourite GA aircraft to poodle around in :) Lovely shots everyone ! keep em coming.

rdaniell
May 18th, 2012, 13:15
The engine data in the aircraft config file and the air file are set up to give you about 90 knots give or take a few at a power setting of 2350 rpms in level flight.

I got the same numbers on my most recent flight. That was just before I got back on here at the Outhouse.

Actually before seeing the question about rpms, I had never paid any attention to that little thin red line on the tach.

And as full stated, let's see some more screen shots....

RD

griphos
May 18th, 2012, 13:24
Hi, thats a new one on me ! never had it happen, could have been a controller issue ?

No, I don't think so. It's never happened to me before, and, as I said, all I did was end the flight and load a different version and it was fine. Strange. Hopefully, won't happen again.

Thanks for the info on cruise settings. 2350 should work fine. Several of my buddies have downloaded this already once I gave them the heads-up. As I said, and Ercoupe has been a long time coming to FSX, and this is a very sweet one. Thanks again for taking on this unusual and important airplane.

Reddog
May 18th, 2012, 16:10
No, I don't think so. It's never happened to me before, and, as I said, all I did was end the flight and load a different version and it was fine. Strange. Hopefully, won't happen again.

Thanks for the info on cruise settings. 2350 should work fine. Several of my buddies have downloaded this already once I gave them the heads-up. As I said, and Ercoupe has been a long time coming to FSX, and this is a very sweet one. Thanks again for taking on this unusual and important airplane.

The coupe I was partners in was a D model, (really don't know the difference) it had the 85HP engine in it and we flew it at 2400RPM and that gave us around a 105 mph cruise which is 90-91KTS. Also had the bubble windshield and the 2 piece sliding windows. the Paint N3191H is my coupe.:jump:

pilottj
May 18th, 2012, 17:01
Very nice plane guys, thanks for bringing this little gem to us.

Hey Full, any chance of sticking a vintage looking CDI gauge in, perphaps on the right side of the righthand glove box?...sort of mirroring the Tachometer on the left. Would give some use to the Nav1.

Here is a crude copy/paste pic with the CDI from the GAS Waco CTO. I think Milton had a similar one in his old Fs9 Beech 18.
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/661ercoupecdi.jpg

Cheers
TJ

Lionheart
May 18th, 2012, 17:22
Awesome Panel!

Nice work on those switches and knobs...

:medals:

Lionheart
May 18th, 2012, 17:23
Fun
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/684erco_copy.jpg

Brilliant pic! Looks photo real.

danyboy21
May 19th, 2012, 00:01
Really great job :jump:

Thank you M. Craig :salute:

doublecool
May 19th, 2012, 08:34
What a Wonderful freeware aircraft :salute:

Thank you Very Much :wavey:

big-mike
May 19th, 2012, 08:39
Really an outstanding work!
I love it.
Thank you very much.
Michael

italoc
May 19th, 2012, 08:44
I love her, too :applause:
Thanks
Italo

rdaniell
May 19th, 2012, 11:18
gotten to Dog Island ahead of me. Hope some more show up so we can trade some lies while we scratch and spit.

RD

Edit: You can't really see the other Ercoupe on the ground.....but I could...LOL

kjb
May 19th, 2012, 17:04
Love the taildragger variation :)

heywooood
May 19th, 2012, 18:27
what a terrific little plane - I thank you for it, full - outstanding!

Lionheart
May 20th, 2012, 16:49
Great little plane! I really enjoyed it. Beautiful panel, nice gauges, very nicely done!

:applause: :medals: :applause:

Im one for details. The coolest features for me were the vibrating antennaes and the rattling, vibrating fuel level indicator. Nice!!

rdaniell
May 21st, 2012, 09:39
Great little plane! I really enjoyed it. Beautiful panel, nice gauges, very nicely done! :applause: :medals: :applause:

Im one for details. The coolest features for me were the vibrating antennaes and the rattling, vibrating fuel level indicator. Nice!!

There's one more animation that full modeled into his Ercoupe. It will be interesting to see who comes up with the first correct answer...

RD

Lionheart
May 21st, 2012, 10:19
There's one more animation that full modeled into his Ercoupe. It will be interesting to see who comes up with the first correct answer...

RD

Might be the overhead mini dome light switch. But...... (but.. ) What really caught my eye was the plexi canopy doors. They stick and catch as they move up or down, just like the real thing, moving a bit at a time, catching in the aluminum slot tracts... Very fine work on that also...

:D

rdaniell
May 21st, 2012, 10:36
Might be the overhead mini dome light switch. But...... (but.. ) What really caught my eye was the plexi canopy doors. They stick and catch as they move up or down, just like the real thing, moving a bit at a time, catching in the aluminum slot tracts... Very fine work on that also...

:D

Well heck Liohheart, I hadn't noticed that so that's not the animation I'm talking about. Now I'm wondering if I missed anything else.

RD

Edit: Here's a hint....it has something to do with vibration....

Reddog
May 21st, 2012, 11:20
something else he also modeled that the previous 2 didn't is the left and right rudder animation and also the nose wheel movement. got to the outside view behind the a/c and make turns with it to see what I mean, must have autorudder enabled.:applause:

falcon409
May 21st, 2012, 11:56
Well heck Liohheart, I hadn't noticed that so that's not the animation I'm talking about. Now I'm wondering if I missed anything else.

RD

Edit: Here's a hint....it has something to do with vibration....
The Exhaust Stacks!!
:salute:

rdaniell
May 21st, 2012, 12:00
The Exhaust Stacks!!
:salute:

Congratulations! You win the no prize prize...

RD

falcon409
May 21st, 2012, 12:28
Congratulations! You win the no prize prize...

RD

:salute::wiggle::wiggle::salute::USA-flag::USA-flag:. . . .I am deeply honored, lol, lol. . . .I think!! lol

Lionheart
May 21st, 2012, 19:40
Well.. I have to go check that out. arrgh... Cant believe I missed that.

Bill

scotsman
May 28th, 2012, 12:45
First, I'd like to thank Craig for this wonderful little plane.
It's fun to fly and also fun to paint

When he first announced it some time ago, I decided to buy a sim-yoke and wait - that was well worth it!

here are two WIPs that will, however, take some more time 'cause I'm a bloody beginner in skinning planes.

btw: where can I find the rudder and elevator hinges with the templates?
And does anyone know that cat (it's the nose art of D-EOPI)66312

Mike

ryanbatc
May 28th, 2012, 17:22
Thanks a lot I'm downloading now!

Sundog
May 28th, 2012, 20:58
And does anyone know that cat (it's the nose art of D-EOPI)
Mike

That cat is an F-14 Tomcat logo/community patch. That's why it has two tails. Search Tomcat patches and markings and you should be able to find that exact one. There were variations on that theme.

scotsman
May 29th, 2012, 06:15
Got it!

Thank you for your help, Sundog.
Next step is to learn how to fiddle with the alpha channels to get a better metal finish to the fuselage.

Mike

scotsman
June 5th, 2012, 15:18
still learning, thus N94407 is still another WIP but I got hooked by this plane

Mike

rdaniell
June 6th, 2012, 03:42
Scotsman, that's a good looking airplane (both versions). Do you have access to the full scale version?

RD

full
June 6th, 2012, 04:07
Looking good scotsman ! will these be released ?

scotsman
June 6th, 2012, 08:27
Sorry, no access to any Real-lifeErcoupe.
On the other hand, there are lots of pics available on the internet.
I am currently working on 4 projects:
D-EOPI, the oldest coupe in Germany. Will last longer as I am struggling with polished metal surfaces
HB-ERB, the yellow/red one from Switzerland. I have to learne the use of some Photoshp features to create the red lining on the fuselage.
N94407: same with the lining
D-ERCO, my current (fictional) personal ride for low and slow.

For all versions I will have to do lot of work on the interior - all by try-and-error ;-).
Currently, I am fiddling with wall carpets on D-ERCO.

Craig, where can I find the elevator and rudder hinges on the templates?

All skins can be made available here on SOH when finished (please be patient).
This gem is currently much underestimated by us sim pilots, in my opinion.

Mike

rdaniell
June 6th, 2012, 08:56
Sorry, no access to any Real-lifeErcoupe.....This gem is currently much underestimated by us sim pilots, in my opinion.

Mike

Too bad about your not being able to get a ride in a real-life Ercoupe. It is a fun little airplane to fly. Wish I had the money to get myself another one. Unfortunately, they cost a whole lot more now than the $ 5,500.00 U.S. I paid for mine back in 1985. But, thanks to Craig ,:salute: I can fly "Scrappy II" in FSX anytime I want. No hanger fee, no insurance, no annual inspection expenses, no fuel expense, etc. :icon_lol:

RD

scotsman
June 6th, 2012, 09:35
Agreed. RD. And also no disturbing pedals under my desk any more.
I simply clip on the yoke (that I bought only for the ercoupe) and go.
No more diving under the desk to get the hardware to its place - just fun flying...that few remaining time after learning to paint her :cool:.
OK, I will have to install all that other equipment if I want to fly any other plane, but currently I do not feel the need for that.

Mike

full
June 6th, 2012, 09:55
Hey guys, I really like D-ERCO !

Mike you will find the hinges on Ercoupe3_T & Ercoupe4_T, highlighted below.

scotsman
June 6th, 2012, 10:04
Thanks Craig - back to the paintshop now.:salute:

Mike

rdaniell
June 6th, 2012, 10:15
"OK, I will have to install all that other equipment if I want to fly any other plane, but currently I do not feel the need for that." Mike

Same for me Mike. I've been virtually reliving some of the flights I made in "Scrappy II." And for any of you'll here at the Outhouse who have not downloaded this airplane, you sure don't know what you're missing.

RD

Reddog
June 6th, 2012, 16:53
They are looking good:applause:

Reddog
June 6th, 2012, 16:59
I have to say thou that the RG is fast becoming my favorite. Had it in the shop and the crew pulled the 150 out and shoehorned in a 260HP fuel injected turbo charged engine and added a constant speed prop and a MP gauge to the panel. it really moves now, 150kt cruise and tops out around 185kts

scotsman
June 7th, 2012, 15:02
Interior of D-ERCO is comming along quite good.
I have to sort out the ribs now to get them painted to match the ivory and green areas in the cockpit.:isadizzy:
The stitched wall covering is from an old C-47 cockpit:cool:

@Craig: how can I get rid of the "old" reg No on the two lables (cockpit and ID-Plate)?

Mike

scotsman
June 12th, 2012, 12:24
Exterior on D-ERCO and N94407 done.
Interior is in process :isadizzy:

Searching the WEB, I already found two new nice Ercoupes :icon_lol:

Mike