PDA

View Full Version : Combined piston and jet engine sounds

harrybasset
October 27th, 2011, 06:13
I think I remember discussion of sound files with combinations of piston and jet engine sounds for such aircraft as the Neptune, KC-97L and C-123 but after searching I can't find any mentions. Does anyone have information on such files?

Desert Rat
October 27th, 2011, 06:30
Don't recall, but pop over to the CFS2 forum, there's a discussion about the Ryan Fireball and developing sounds is mentioned.

Jamie

AndyG43
October 27th, 2011, 06:44
Sounds like an Obio or Lawdog kind of thing to me.

Jagdflieger
October 27th, 2011, 07:06
The latest update to Vladimir Zhyhulskiy's C-123 Provider has a well done sound package for both the big radial engines and the auxiliary jets. You could take a look at the sound.cfg file on that for the procedure.

You can get it at simviation.com

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=c123zhv3.zip&categoryId=

OBIO
October 27th, 2011, 07:09
I did up a sound pack for the C-123 (the original version) that incorporated radial engine and jet engine sounds. It wasn't all that hard to do....I am attaching a copy of the sound config file (renamed as a txt file) so you can look it over.

While we can have mixed-power sound packs, we can't have mixed-power flight dynamics. The best (meaning ONLY) way to do it is to set up the air and config files to use the auxiliary jets as additional radial engines. That's how I set up the original C-123.....as a 3 engine plane. I would start the engines using an engine control panel. First the left radial, then the right radial, then the left jet and then the right jet. Did the same thing for the C-119 with the roof mounted jet pack.

OBIO

harrybasset
October 27th, 2011, 07:57
Thank you very much gentlemen. I did try a mixed pack for the Neptune earlier but could only hear the jets.

SSI01
October 28th, 2011, 05:36
Well, we've got the sound files down pat - that's one step toward a P4M . . .

SSI01
October 28th, 2011, 05:39
Obio - I also have the C-119 with the roof-mounted jet - will insert these into the config along w/the necessary sound files into the sound folder and see what happens. Thanks!