PDA

View Full Version : Lionheart - what's up ?

P38man
October 26th, 2011, 19:21
Well we know Mathias is doing the Stuka and BF110 and has just finished a great update for the Me108.

All sorted there.

What about the other master, Lionheart ? I have almost the whole lot of his. Haven't heard about any new projects of his for a while, no ?

Please don't tell me he has retired !?

N2056
October 26th, 2011, 19:24
Retired?! :icon_lol:

Nah...he is still in the game, and he's up to something based on his posts in developer forums. ;)
I'll leave it at that.

Francois
October 27th, 2011, 01:35
One day 'Facebook' will take over all forums....... much easier to have just ONE place to get your news, contacts and goods :icon_lol: As a 'techie' AND Apple fan, Bill is on Facebook of course ;-)

Thoe6969
October 27th, 2011, 04:33
One day 'Facebook' will take over all forums....... much easier to have just ONE place to get your news, contacts and goods :icon_lol: As a 'techie' AND Apple fan, Bill is on Facebook of course ;-) I sure hope not,I avoid Facebook like the plague.

kilo delta
October 27th, 2011, 06:25
One day 'Facebook' will take over all forums....... much easier to have just ONE place to get your news, contacts and goods :icon_lol: As a 'techie' AND Apple fan, Bill is on Facebook of course ;-)

I've always thought of the SOH being my one stop shop for all this related to FS. :)

Btw...Bill has some WIP's on his site HERE (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Lionheart_FlightSimulations.html)

Bone
October 27th, 2011, 06:35
I sure hope not,I avoid Facebook like the plague.

Why? It's an awesome way to keep up with old friends that have spread out in the world; friends that you never wanted to give up, but they moved on or you moved on. It's a great way to keep up with current friends that you don't have enough time to get together with on a regular basis. it's a good way to communicate with friends you do have time to get together with regularly. It's a good way to stay informed on what friends and family are doing. It's educational if you have friends that have interesting lives and post interesting stuff. There's alot more plusses to it, but it does depend on how many people you are friends with, and how interesting their lives are.

If a person only has a trickle of friends in real life, Facebook isn't going to work because it does need to be brought up to critical mass, so to speak.

Sorry to side track the original intent of this thread, but I've read quite a few people around here say negative things about FB, people who obviously have never even tried it. Facebook has actually brought an added layer of communication and integration to a good many people's lives. Of course, I've seen the stories about how Facebook is ruining some peoples lives, but that's only because those people post comments and pictures of themselves doing stupid things. Like anything else in life, there is no substitute for discretion.

Henry
October 27th, 2011, 06:42
dunno1 ehatsMr ORTIS up to now:kilroy:

h

P38man
October 27th, 2011, 06:43

His facebook didn't say so I asked.

I also find myself trying to avoid facebook, just naturally.

Why look at everyone's facebook eg Lionhearts, A2A's et al. when I can get ALL the news here - seems inefficient lol

Thoe6969
October 27th, 2011, 06:49
Why? It's an awesome way to keep up with old friends that have spread out in the world; friends that you never wanted to give up, but they moved on or you moved on. It's a great way to keep up with current friends that you don't have enough time to get together with on a regular basis. it's a good way to communicate with friends you do have time to get together with regularly. It's a good way to stay informed on what friends and family are doing. It's educational if you have friends that have interesting lives and post interesting stuff. There's alot more plusses to it, but it does depend on how many people you are friends with, and how interesting their lives are.

If a person only has a trickle of friends in real life, Facebook isn't going to work because it does need to be brought up to critical mass, so to speak.

Sorry to side track the original intent of this thread, but I've read quite a few people around here say negative things about FB, people who obviously have never even tried it. Facebook has actually brought an added layer of communication and integration to a good many people's lives. Of course, I've seen the stories about how Facebook is ruining some peoples lives, but that's only because those people post comments and pictures of themselves doing stupid things. Like anything else in life, there is no substitute for discretion. I keep up with my family and friends in person,and the ones that live far away I call,email ,or chat with on the net.Am not so vain that I need thousands of people knowing what I'm doing.

PutPut
October 27th, 2011, 06:59
I signed up with Facebook twice in the last four years. Both times I got hacked within a month. Consequently, I stay away from any of the social networks. Haven't been hacked following that policy. Besides, all I want to know is here at SOH!

Best, Paul

Bone
October 27th, 2011, 07:19
.Am not so vain that I need thousands of people knowing what I'm doing.

Lol, it's not about being vain. You just proved what I was saying: people expressing negativity about something they haven't even tried. Like you, I call people, email, and do alot of "being there" with real people in real life. As I said, Facebook is an "added layer" of communication and integration...it's not a life, just like SOH isn't a life. Besides, thousands of people aren't going to see into your life, only those people you choose to put on your friends list will see what you allow them to see. I don't think you understand how Facebook works, but no matter.

Cheers. :)

Killbilly
October 27th, 2011, 07:29
What's "Facebook"? Is that a new Lionheart creation?

kilo delta
October 27th, 2011, 07:36
because those people post comments and pictures of themselves doing stupid things. Like anything else in life, there is no substitute for discretion.

Ooops...sorry Bone. I thought that you'd be a fan of my cross dressing.I'll delete the pics post haste!:kilroy:

:icon_lol:

beana51
October 27th, 2011, 07:40
My thoughts ZACTLY thoe 6969...all my kids,their kids and now their kids kids are now part this world wide phenomena!...I found that it make family dinner gatherings a thing of the past..no more the warmth ,interplay,conversation,family news,the continuity of the family.. the" Norman Rockwell Dinner Table "gone!Now all are in different worlds !..Add to the TV,with individual interests,all go to their Personnel TV,all this while using the multitude of communicators we have...a TOWER OF BABEL!...That greatest Communication tool we had,the Dinner table is now extinct.so too are many families!..They say a human needs a PLACE , A Priceless luxury today,that at lest once a day during a hectic schedule ,A PLACE to Communicate with ones self.,contemplate,re enforce ones goals and responsibility's...Then go forth ,to the battle of the real world,Armor on,Sword in hand, with Great helmet ..and do battle and WIN!...But its what it is now .. bearing ones soul to the world,often nameless,and in anonymity, cold,fleeting in cyber space and lost forever!..Many are seeking,for what they already have.But can not see it!.......DISCLAIMER:.<label for="rb_iconid_19">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gif</label>.My thoughts Only,and they worked for me for a long time! no Criticism intended to any one!.."VIVA LA DIFFERENCE!"

Chacha
October 27th, 2011, 07:51
Lionheart!

He is very much alive and well....
Busy putting together his latest inventions (s)...
One of these days he will surprise ALL of us of another masterpiece(S)!

...very much active on Facebook...
he post almost every time he has a chance...

for all you know...
Facebook has a security setting that you can use and allow if you want your profile to be seen publicly or
by your chosen few... (your choice)

mmann
October 27th, 2011, 07:57
Facebook has a security setting that you can use and allow if you want your profile to be seen publicly or
by your chosen few... (your choice)

That probably explains the proliferation of Facebook hacks listed on the hack sites.

Bone
October 27th, 2011, 08:05
Ooops...sorry Bone. I thought that you'd be a fan of my cross dressing.I'll delete the pics post haste!:kilroy:

:icon_lol:

But, I REALLY loved your new garage door opener, haha.

hairyspin
October 28th, 2011, 08:30
Lionheart is one of the most active members on FSDeveloper: he's far from retired - or retiring!