PDA

View Full Version : Proximity Fused missiles in CFS3 Have a Look

HouseHobbit
October 26th, 2011, 11:20
In answer to led zeppelin's question for these in CFS3

I use these often to down Both Fighters and Bombers I have them loaded into all my expansions and CFS3.
With these missiles we could import this to a NJG 53 sidewinder and have missiles that work very well for jets to use in CFS3

These are the Ju7x missiles I am using in this intercept..
Just takes a bit of practice to use them is all..

With this effect imported to a Sidwinder we would have Missiles for jet fighters in CFS3
There are several different missiles in CFS3 that have this effect for german aircraft..

lewis11777
October 26th, 2011, 15:43
These are the Ju7x missiles I am using in this intercept..

This will be a great little project to play around with!

FOO FIGHTER
October 26th, 2011, 16:24
Owen, I think the X-4 & X-7 were made by Dancat. Most of their respective models are very wide to create a "proximity impact zone". These zones of the model are transparent, so all we see is the actual rocket body. It should also be mentioned that due to these zones the rockets should not be launched near the ground (below 1000 feet) or the target aircraft or your aircraft may be destroyed. Judging by your last pic of the 335, you have one of the early versions (hence the long rectangular shadow).

I thought this mod was only possible by making the actual model larger(?). Did you do anything to the .xdp to give it a proximity zone?

HouseHobbit
October 26th, 2011, 16:57
I don't remember where these came from..I have used them for a long time.. Nothing new..

The Proximty fused missles named I have in my Weapons folder are as follows:
Stock to CFS3 Weapons folder:
g_r4m

AVH
AvHistory_gr_rocket_r4m
Stock to the AVH weapons folder

Also there are these:
ju_x4
ju_x7
ju_x4_aa
ju_x7_AA

These are all the same missiles, just different model names and folder names..

And these;

luft46_x4_aa
luft46_x7_AA
(used on the freeware release of the Luft 46 group..Luft'46 Junkers)

I have done nothing to any of the listed missiles..I don't have the skill to change any of this..

I only loaded them on some of my german aircraft XDP's as load outs.. that didn't have them..

There are some AVH Me 262's that use these stock from AVH..

Place this effect set up into a modern Sidewinder Missile and you can shoot down mig 29's with them..
Sidewinders with proximity warheads = dead mig's..

We also have sidewinders in the NJG weapons package I uploaded... Freeware for all to use and abuse..

Here at SOH for the Luft 46 freeware upload; Luft 46 Junker

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=6955

Is this Dancat's work??

FOO FIGHTER
October 26th, 2011, 18:21
Yes sir, the Junkers was Jon's and I believe he uploaded it with those weapons. He might have also done the R4's with the proximity effect but I'm not 110% sure. Jon was all over the map with his modeling work and it's hard to nail down what he uploaded or just simply gave away and allowed others to upload. I was just giving you a heads up on who might have made these as I believe he was the only one did this particular mod.

Do you have Sidewinders with this effect?:jump:

Emile
October 26th, 2011, 22:22
Hello,
I have added this aircraft and other files into my CFS3 folder .
When I request the German aircrafts I do NOT find it.

What is my mistake?
Thanks in advance

"Here at SOH for the Luft 46 freeware upload; Luft 46 Junker

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...ds&FileID=6955 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=6955)

Is this Dancat's work?? "

Led Zeppelin
October 26th, 2011, 23:42
thanks for the info.

HouseHobbit
October 28th, 2011, 05:35
Yes sir, the Junkers was Jon's and I believe he uploaded it with those weapons. He might have also done the R4's with the proximity effect but I'm not 110% sure. Jon was all over the map with his modeling work and it's hard to nail down what he uploaded or just simply gave away and allowed others to upload. I was just giving you a heads up on who might have made these as I believe he was the only one did this particular mod.

Do you have Sidewinders with this effect?:jump:

No I don't have the skill to import this effect to the sidwinders.. Perhaps on of our modelling Masters will see this and give it a go..
Always Hopeful here..

Mark Rude
November 3rd, 2011, 05:11
I used a damage box on the Atomic bomb I made to have it exploding above the ground. I never thought about applying it to a missile/rocket.
Anyone have a good pic of a sidewinder? I might play with this.

lewis11777
November 3rd, 2011, 13:40
I used a damage box on the Atomic bomb I made to have it exploding above the ground. I never thought about applying it to a missile/rocket.
Anyone have a good pic of a sidewinder? I might play with this.

You mean like these?

cjcz7
November 3rd, 2011, 13:46
Could someone please explain in a bit more detail what you need to do to make this work, particularly to a bomb air burst?

Mark Rude
November 4th, 2011, 04:26
The pics are perfect, Thank you. I made my A-bomb explode above the ground by applying a 3400 foot damage box to it. 1700 feet above the ground it will explode as the damage box contacts the
ground. If you applied say a 200 foot damage box to a rocket, it would explode if anything came within 100 feet of any side of it. I think ??? It worked with the bomb. This would have to be applied to the
model in gmax, editing any file with out that would not work.

lewis11777
November 4th, 2011, 12:27
Mark are you going to whip one up for us? If so please pm me with you email, I want to send you something.

HouseHobbit
November 4th, 2011, 14:01
Lewis, I think that this can be done, to import the effects from Dancats or the AVH AA missiles
to a sidwinder for use on Modern jets..
I would rejoice to see this done..
BRAVO
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Mark Rude
November 4th, 2011, 16:03
As you can tell I,m colorblind. It makes painting very challenging. This is a rough 1st model.

HouseHobbit
November 4th, 2011, 19:09
OH Yes!! beautiful..
Thanks Mark this looks great!!
BRAVO!!

:salute: :salute: :salute:

lewis11777
November 5th, 2011, 18:30
Marks new sidewinders actually work very well, if you get anywhere near your target the missiles will take it out!

lewis11777
November 5th, 2011, 18:34
For the sake of realism I would request a version the needs to pass within 30 ft of the target to detonate. Not sure if it's possible to measure scale in CFS3.
Mark thanks for putting this together, yet another great layer of immersion.

:ernae:

dancat
November 5th, 2011, 18:52
that shouldn't be a problem Lewis.
Mark can just place the invisible poly 30' behind the model and it should work just fine.
I made flak guns once that used rockets so I could get them to work like this.
the problem was the shells (or rockets) were so slow and couldn't be aimed correctly so I gave up.

lewis11777
November 5th, 2011, 19:09
that shouldn't be a problem Lewis.
Mark can just place the invisible poly 30' behind the model and it should work just fine.
I made flak guns once that used rockets so I could get them to work like this.
the problem was the shells (or rockets) were so slow and couldn't be aimed correctly so I gave up.

I could be mistaken but I think you can get the missiles to move very quickly, or at least I have with the V2 rocket, created by you I believe.

cjcz7
November 6th, 2011, 02:43
how do you create/edit damage boxes on weapons?

Mark Rude
November 6th, 2011, 06:28
The damage box did not work. I made a invisible box in front of the missiles. The Aim 9 now has a 30 ft box instead of the 100 ft. the Aim 120 is for you guys that
think your plane should wear a sniper tab. It only has a 10 ft box. Now who wants to do the effects ?

HouseHobbit
November 6th, 2011, 07:05
I might get the effects set up for ya..
This looks Great..
BRAVO..
Finally a sidwinder for jets..

Mark Rude
November 6th, 2011, 07:14
That will work. PM me your email and I'll send you the files.

Led Zeppelin
November 6th, 2011, 07:29
I wonder if it would be possible to have a Hs293 missile twicked the same way. This would be great as it would compensate the lack of guided missile in CFS3.

lewis11777
November 6th, 2011, 12:01
Mark good stuff, your improving our community!

:applause:

lewis11777
November 6th, 2011, 12:04
I wonder if it would be possible to have a Hs293 missile twicked the same way. This would be great as it would compensate the lack of guided missile in CFS3.

LZ anything's possible, what your proposing can be accomplished but I believe you need a source file. Seems like it would be easier to make a new missile, kind of copied after the one you mentioned but modified the same way Mark did the AIM!

Mark Rude
November 6th, 2011, 15:05
I already have a HS293 in 3ds max, But I'll have to ask permission to use it.
Its not my model.

lewis11777
November 9th, 2011, 17:25
Here are Marks new AIM120 and Sidewinder proximity missiles with some of Jaycee's paint schemes. I believe the Sidewinders give you 30ft of lead on a target and the AIM 120's give you 10 ft. Mark please correct me if I got that wrong. Hobbit (Owen) is working on effects and will upload I think when he is done. Just adds some more great weapons to the already impressive F-16 arsenal.

HouseHobbit
November 9th, 2011, 21:21
Hi Guys I am sorry to say, it will be some time before I can get to all of this..
Real life has taken a turn for the "worse" here..

My Mom is back in the hospital, and I am needed to help with her needs for a bit here..
if anyone would be so kind to jump on this it would be a blessing right now..
It has been hard since my Dad passed and right now things are not looking up..
Sorry..guys..

Led Zeppelin
November 9th, 2011, 21:56
take your time Owen,don't be sorry.