PDA

View Full Version : Thors Hammer Rafale 2.2 Update

stovall
October 25th, 2011, 06:50
There is an update to Thors Hammer's Rafale to be found here!! (http://www.frenchairforce.fr/download.php?list.5) He has fixed several things. The list is in the download. Enjoy!!

Bruce Thompson
October 25th, 2011, 12:25
Thank you Stovall for the HU, just downloaded and installed.

There are a few things fixed, but i'm using the F18 VC and had to zoom out to find it and still got
that red light by the nose wheel , any idea's on how to remove it?

Items fixed include, mapping of landing gear doors, Canard animation, mapping of the rudder,
mapping of the air intakes and wing to fuselage junction also some detail on the pilot's face mask.
A lot of work been done here, this makes a great aircraft even better, very many thanks to all involved.
:applause::applause::applause:

Thank you ,

Bruce.

stovall
October 25th, 2011, 18:06
Bruce, I used a hex editor to change the F-18_Interior.mdl. All you have to do is change one character in the word red. Change to rfd and save. Make sure you do not delete a character as the number must remain the same for it to work. Anyway after doing same it works perfectly. Hope this helps.

Bruce Thompson
October 26th, 2011, 01:15
Hi Stovall,

Thanks for the help, but I just tried with a Hex Editor as you said and Red light is still there.

Bruce.

stovall
October 26th, 2011, 06:58
Bruce, I tried this again on F-18_Interior.mdl and it worked perfectly. Once the file is opened in the hex editor I did a search for fx_navred. It comes right up and I changed it to read fx_navrfd. This did the trick. Give it another try as the F-18 virtual cockpit is really superb. Hope it works.

Bruce Thompson
October 26th, 2011, 07:30
Bruce, I tried this again on F-18_Interior.mdl and it worked perfectly. Once the file is opened in the hex editor I did a search for fx_navred. It comes right up and I changed it to read fx_navrfd. This did the trick. Give it another try as the F-18 virtual cockpit is really superb. Hope it works.

Many thanks Stovall, I tried it again and it now works, RED LIGHT GONE!

Never used a Hex Editor until today, 65 and still learning, thanks for your help.

Bruce.

stovall
October 26th, 2011, 08:34
Many thanks Stovall, I tried it again and it now works, RED LIGHT GONE!

Never used a Hex Editor until today, 65 and still learning, thanks for your help.

Bruce.

Glad to help a fellow senior. At 71, I can still fly my new P-51D from Warbirdsim. Keep the Hex Editor around, it comes in handy every now and then.

Regards, Tom

papab
October 26th, 2011, 08:35
Do not want to sound like a dummy but where is this Hex editor
I turned 60 last month and still learning as well

Rick

fsafranek
October 26th, 2011, 08:46
Do not want to sound like a dummy but where is this Hex editor
I turned 60 last month and stil learning as well

Rick
I haven't had need for one for a few years but back when I did I used "i.Hex".

Get it here: http://www.memecode.com/ihex.php

Hope this helps.
:ernae:

Bruce Thompson
October 26th, 2011, 09:57
The one I used today was HxDSetupEN.zip also free,
you can set it to open the editor whenever you click any mdl file.

I think Stovall is right, I will keep it handy.

papab
October 26th, 2011, 11:06
I haven't had need for one for a few years but back when I did I used "i.Hex".

Get it here: http://www.memecode.com/ihex.php

Hope this helps.

Very much so!

Thanks
Rick

fsafranek
October 26th, 2011, 11:35
According to the readme file this update "will mainly helps repainters to modify the texture." Mostly remapping of various parts. Since that includes the rudder (originally reverse mapped left/right), hopefully it won't adversely effect the five camo pattern repaints available so far (http://www.mirage4fs.com/rafale.html). More updates to follow no doubt.

expat
October 27th, 2011, 00:08
Indeed. This has to be one of the most stunning looking aircraft IRL and FSX. Can't take my eyes off of it or stop flying her - or messing up cats and traps on Le Clem! Also, people might want to try the Sludge Hornet modded panel in the Rafale, as it has some nice refinements over the default Hornet panel, in particular the arrangement of the HUD. Also, after some experimenting, you can really change quite a lot of the loadouts by changing the entries in the air.cfg e.g., am using a 2 x 1275 litre tank config that looks good.