PDA

View Full Version : FSX Acceleration Planes WTF

dandog
October 24th, 2011, 19:06
Hello All,

Just got FSX Deluxe, and then upgraded to Acceleration (should have done my homework and just bought Gold!?). Many "FSX" AC addons do not work for me. I just get a blank white or black screen when I try to fly. They look OK in the preview. One example is the (once payware, now for $0.00) CLS Piper Arrow. Do all bitmaps need to be converted to .dds? Whats the secret? I installed FSX Deluxe, then SP1 and SP2. Then I added Acceleration, which had me un-install SP2 first (see above). Did I do something wrong? Should FSX addons have a disclaimer on which type of FSX it will work on? What should I look for? In a word AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGG!!.

Thank You- Daniel

SeanTK
October 24th, 2011, 19:46
Many "FSX" addons are actually FS9 portovers, and therefore 1) not native...meaning 2) they will not work with DXT10 mode turned on in the settings.
Try turning off DirectX 10 mode and this "should" fix the problems with your addons.

Note: I'm not sure if FSX-Native addons are inherently 10 compatible, but as far as I've seen, portovers are definitely not.

dandog
October 24th, 2011, 20:33
Okaaay. I am runing XP with all updates. No Direct X 10 here. Now what? Any help is appreciated. I feel like a "New Born"!

dandog
October 24th, 2011, 20:43
One more question, will FSX Acceleation run AC with .BMP textures, or does it only like .DDS textures?

Daniel

Rich
October 24th, 2011, 20:57
One more question, will FSX Acceleation run AC with .BMP textures, or does it only like .DDS textures?

Daniel

It will run ok with either BMP or DDS.

FSX ACCEL told you to uninstall SP2 because it installs it as part of the ACCEL setup.

warchild
October 24th, 2011, 21:37
I'm going to recommend this two part process.. First, run acceleration install again with out removing accel, and choose "repair" from the menu, then do a test of your aircraft. If that succeeds, then your good to go, if not on to the second phase..

Phase 2:
Should the test above fail then starting with accel and working backward uninstall the entirety of FSX ( FSX, SP1, Accel ). "IF" you can find a copy of microsoft installer cleanup, use that to completely remove all the above from your system, but only after byou have run the uninstallers.
Now, Go back and install FSX, then Accel. Dont worry about SP1 or SP2. The Accel installer will take care of those for you as they are both on the accel dvd.

Now, test again, and you should at this point, be ok.. If not, I know the folks here will do what they can to help.

The reason for removing all traces of the previous installations lay in the unpublished differences that contrary to what was published, exist between SP2 and accel. Since those differences were never published, no one really knows the depth or breadth of those differences, but they may include such anomalies as your seeing at this time..
Pam

italoc
October 25th, 2011, 07:23
Okaaay. I am runing XP with all updates. No Direct X 10 here. Now what? Any help is appreciated. I feel like a "New Born"!
The Direct X10 choice has nothing to do with your XP: instead you can activate/disactivate it in the FSX parameters !!!!
If the aircrafts are FS9, "unchecking" the DX10 will probably show correctly the FS0 portovers.
Italo

Mathias
October 25th, 2011, 07:29
The Direct X10 choice has nothing to do with your XP: instead you can activate/disactivate it in the FSX parameters !!!!
If the aircrafts are FS9, "unchecking" the DX10 will probably show correctly the FS0 portovers.
Italo

Nope, diectX 10 preview is only available with Vista or Win7, not with XP.

Ferry_vO
October 25th, 2011, 07:31
Windows XP doesn't have DirectX 10 (You'll need at least Vista for that), hence the option of the 'Dx 10 preview' is not available in FsX. IIRC the SP2/Acceleration pack limited the port-over compatability further.
Try turning off 'light bloom' as it also causes a white screen.

italoc
October 25th, 2011, 11:47
Nope, diectX 10 preview is only available with Vista or Win7, not with XP.

Sorry, my fault :redf::redf::redf:
I'm in W7 !!!!
Lesson N 1 : reflect before speaking !!!
Italo

dandog
October 25th, 2011, 20:27
Thanks much for the info. I will try turning off light bloom first. If no good I will try the Acceleration repair. If still no good, I will reinstall FSX with Acelleration immediatley on top. Somethings bound to work. Thanks again.

Daniel