PDA

View Full Version : Different Win 7 Scenery Problem

PutPut
October 24th, 2011, 17:56
I have finally started to add some scenery to my copy of FSX Acceleration. I am running Win 7 64 bit. I do know about "clicking in the white space" to add new scenery. That works for me. However, sometimes I have to go through that routine every time I open FSX or all my add-on scenery disappears. Sometimes I don't have to do it, seems like there is no pattern. Is there an entry in the FSX .cfg file or the scenery .cfg file I might have honked up or is this "normal" behavior?

Thanks, Paul

robert41
October 24th, 2011, 19:50
I have never heard of this before. Sounds more like a Win7 folder/file issue rather than a FSX issue. One thing comes to mind, do you have admin rights set? UAC turned off?

huub vink
October 25th, 2011, 01:43
Paul, I have the same problem. Strange enough this only started a week agao (or I just didn't notice before). therfore I was wondering whether it is perhaps caused by a Windows update.

However I can't help you with a solution.

Cheers,
Huub

PutPut
October 25th, 2011, 07:52
I have never heard of this before. Sounds more like a Win7 folder/file issue rather than a FSX issue. One thing comes to mind, do you have admin rights set? UAC turned off?

I do have admin rights. I do have UAC on, but I have installed FSX in a separate folder not in Program Files which is supposed to prevent those problems.

Paul

PutPut
October 25th, 2011, 07:56
Paul, I have the same problem. Strange enough this only started a week agao (or I just didn't notice before). therfore I was wondering whether it is perhaps caused by a Windows update.

However I can't help you with a solution.

Cheers,
Huub
Now, that was a good thought so I did a restore point to before the last Win update, but, alas, it didn't solve things. I am starting to see scenery without textures where there used to textures; I am coming to the conclusion something has corrupted in the add on folder. I will reinstall the whole folder later today.

Paul

PutPut
October 25th, 2011, 11:55
OK, I unloaded my add-on scenery folder and added each item back one at a time. I added each one to the scenery library as I went. Now, everything is working just fine. Couldn't tell you what was wrong because I checked after adding each item and it worked. All's well that ends well!

Best, Paul

robert41
October 25th, 2011, 15:41
Glad things are working now.