PDA

View Full Version : Wellington MKIC Will Not Takeoff !

renereimann
October 24th, 2011, 11:14
Help! Wellington MKIC will not takeoff in "BOB Wellington Attack HH010". The aircraft will not move after starting both engines. The aircraft does takeoff in Quick Combat from it's home base Aberporth.This mission is part of "BOB Mission Set (Pat Pattle's) Anniversary Expansion BOB" mission package.Any ideas on how to fix this???

KellyB
October 24th, 2011, 12:24
Just tried it, and it works normally for me.

Silly question: Did you release the brakes (B-key)? I have forgotten them before with sometimes bizarre results.

wsmwsm
October 24th, 2011, 14:47
Hit "w" for War Emergency Power and it will take off.

HouseHobbit
October 24th, 2011, 21:05
I just revisited this mission, and I had to run the throttles to 100% power then Hit (W) Wep and off I went..
I wrecked as always later of course..:gameoff:
Just love bending These things..
:applause: :applause: :applause:

KellyB
October 25th, 2011, 04:11
I tried it again, and discovered that when I ran the throttles up to 100% we sat there until I ran them to 0 and back up to 100%

So, there seems to be something going on with the throttles, but there are a few workarounds.

It's what makes CFS3 so loveable!!!:icon_lol:

NachtPiloten
October 25th, 2011, 04:30
It is the flightmodel and the compromises that you make. Trying to get the rate of climb and speed at altitude usually causes a few hiccups along the way.

popsaka
October 25th, 2011, 11:16
I tried it again, and discovered that when I ran the throttles up to 100% we sat there until I ran them to 0 and back up to 100%

So, there seems to be something going on with the throttles, but there are a few workarounds.

It's what makes CFS3 so loveable!!!:icon_lol:

...You've discovered the magic formula for several of the 'heavies'. That sudden move from 0% to 100% throttle seems to break 'em loose. --almost as if the weight of the aircraft caused the main gear to settle into a bit of a ditch. :p:

renereimann
October 25th, 2011, 13:07
Thanks to all. Yes I released the brakes (B Key) and hit WEP (W Key). When I ran up the throttle to 100 percent rapidly the aircraft moved and tookoff normally. I don't think pilots have to rapidly jam the throttles to 100 percent in an actual aircraft. Just another CFS3 "bug" I suppose.Thanks again!