View Full Version : GEX has released Atlantic & Pacific Tropics plus patches

papab
October 23rd, 2011, 03:36
GEX has released the Tropics and patches for Europe & Middle East:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ground-environment-x-series_forum38.html

Rick

CG_1976
October 23rd, 2011, 08:15
Yess Cuba is included, Thank you for the HU.

papab
October 23rd, 2011, 09:38
sticky?

Crusader
October 23rd, 2011, 10:27
If someone would just do Vietnam I would be happy . It really needs a jungle/tropical going over . From what I understand from reading on their forum , Guam ,Phillipines , Indonesia but I never saw any mention of Vietnam . Could you imagine what Xavier's Vietnam scenery would look like with a GEX added ? Oh well , maybe one of these days .

Rich

mal998
October 23rd, 2011, 13:01
I agree. I can't understand why S.E. Asia has been ignored. It has so much history attached to it, you would think some would do it up right.

papab
October 23rd, 2011, 14:51
I agree. I can't understand why S.E. Asia has been ignored. It has so much history attached to it, you would think some would do it up right.

You could go the their forums and post that question, just a thought:

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/ground-environment-x-series_forum38&SID=8234228zf8f17c8abf831892e6f157850462963.html

Rick

Meshman
October 23rd, 2011, 16:22
The SDKs give a layout of the regions within FSX. Many regions share the same texture calls, but each region may have it's own set(s) of textures. Looks like regions R and H comprise the latest release.

Asia is made up of five regions (S, W, F, V & U) and if I were to wager an uneducated guess, those regions and Europe Russian (M) would make up a release.

Crusader
October 23rd, 2011, 20:41
You could go the their forums and post that question, just a thought:

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/ground-environment-x-series_forum38&SID=8234228zf8f17c8abf831892e6f157850462963.html

Rick

Thanks Rick or the reply . I ask this question at Simforums and NickN(FlightOne) gave this explanation:

Quote: " Parts of Vietnam and Thailand are already covered with this release ... although there will be some changes with GEX Asia to Vietnam
what you guys have to understand is there is NO SUCH THING as "Vietnam" textures or "Thailand" textures in FSX.. thank Aces for that.. textures are shared from region to region "

I think(?) I understand this a little better now concerning the sharing . If someone owns this would you mind sending some screenshots(Vietnam)

Rich

Crusader
October 23rd, 2011, 21:13
I understand the " Regions and sharing" better now . My 64 Y/O brain doesn't function right sometimes like it use to . I realize there is no such think as ground textures specifically for Vietnam , Laos , Cambodia ,Thailand etc but couldn't there be a SE Asia (a specific region) that would encompass all the countries mentioned above as the ground terrain is basically the same in all ? I am going to ask this over at simforums too .

Rich

CG_1976
October 24th, 2011, 09:47
Well I'm having my 1st look at Cuba and someone better call for clean up in the airways from my tongue and drool:mixedsmi: I'll have pics soon and as soon as I get to Gitmo Area.