PDA

View Full Version : Aviat Husky

falcon409
October 22nd, 2011, 06:39
I went looking for an Aviat Husky last evening to use for some Bush Flying I'm doing and found a nice model done by Steven Grant. It has a pretty nice VC, considering it's an early 2004 model, but it does have the prop that blocks out anything behind it. I've gone through every LOD in the mdl file using MDLMat to try to correct the alpha, but nothing changes. Is anyone flying this airplane that found a way to correct that one problem, or does anyone know of any other Huskies out there that will work in FSX without the prop problem?

Bjoern
October 22nd, 2011, 08:55
Steven's model is the only one I know.

Kiwikat
October 22nd, 2011, 11:03
I always thought this would be a big seller with proper avionics installed (RXP units). Most huskies come pretty well equipped.

It is one of my favorite planes so I am still hopeful that some payware developer will take it on.

falcon409
October 22nd, 2011, 11:09
I always thought this would be a big seller with proper avionics installed (RXP units). Most huskies come pretty well equipped.

It is one of my favorite planes so I am still hopeful that some payware developer will take it on.
Yep, I was actually pretty amazed that no payware company had done a full FSX Native Husky. They're a very popular aircraft in Bush Flying Circles and their latest has a very nice Glass Cockpit avionics package. I know Abacus has one for FSX, but I'd actually rather mess with what I have and maybe find a way to correct the prop problem than pay money for anything like that from Abacus.

Anneke
October 23rd, 2011, 00:59
Abacus has a FSX Husky made by Dave Eckhard in their platinum collection.