PDA

View Full Version : Justflight: DC-3 Legends of Flight - half price!

Tim-HH
October 20th, 2011, 08:43
Hi,

until the 25th October, Jusflight offers their DC-3 for $15 and the expansion pack for $7.50 :)

www.justflight.com (http://www.justflight.com/)

Greetings
Tim

Roger
October 20th, 2011, 09:23
Yep, I think I'll jump:engel016:

imn2sims
October 20th, 2011, 13:13
I'm tempted alright at that price. I did tryout the DEMO version and liked it except for one thing, the sound of the engines. Even at high rpms they still sounded almost like they were idling. Does anyone know if this was addressed? Guess you could always substitute the default sounds if you had to at this price break though.

Steve

robert41
October 20th, 2011, 15:02
I have the package. JF released an update also. The sound package is from Sonic Solutions, pretty good, but somewhat quiet in the VC.

Cleartheprop
October 20th, 2011, 15:12
Yep, I think I'll jump:engel016:I'm jumping!

RCAF_Gunner
October 21st, 2011, 11:44
Hard to pass up the sale... worth the price for the glider and C-47 tow plane alone. :icon29:

Ran into a minor issue after installing the package. I was getting a report of the Maule being a duplicate plane during FSX launch. Tracked it down to the aircraft.inf file in:

\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_Douglas_C47_Glider_Tug\t exture.D8\

and after changing the title entires to:

title=Douglas C47 Glider Tug
//title= Maule M7 260C

the message went away. It didn't seem to affect the ability to use the C-47 as the tow plane or fly the glider so I thought I'd pass along the info.

50420 50421

Thanks JF and AH.

bazzar
October 21st, 2011, 14:57
Hard to pass up the sale... worth the price for the glider and C-47 tow plane alone. :icon29:

Ran into a minor issue after installing the package. I was getting a report of the Maule being a duplicate plane during FSX launch. Tracked it down to the aircraft.inf file in:

\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_Douglas_C47_Glider_Tug\t exture.D8\

and after changing the title entires to:

title=Douglas C47 Glider Tug
//title= Maule M7 260C

the message went away. It didn't seem to affect the ability to use the C-47 as the tow plane or fly the glider so I thought I'd pass along the info.

50420 50421

Thanks JF and AH.

Yes this is correct procedure. Any aircraft can be used in this way for towing gliders. You need to comment out the Maule as you have done. I believe we mention this in the manual....:mixedsmi:

robert41
October 21st, 2011, 16:49
When I got the package, it came with a switcher to change between the Maule and C47 for towing the glider.

RCAF_Gunner
October 21st, 2011, 23:28
When I got the package, it came with a switcher to change between the Maule and C47 for towing the glider.

The JF package still comes with the switcher and it works well. However, when switching back and forth between the Maule and C-47 tow plane it didn't make any difference as far as the error message went. I couldn't find anything about editing the .inf file in the Just Flight manual which is why I posted the info ~ it wasn't a complaint ~ I just thought it might help others who take advantage of the sale this weekend.

:costum: