PDA

View Full Version : F6f Hellcat: Missing Gages in PTO 1.54

Barnstorm
October 19th, 2011, 04:20
The cockpit display surface on the F6f (all liveries) has some missing gages and some "pointers" without "faces", in VC view. The A/C performs fine, and all control surfaces seem to function as they should. Is this a know issue and is there a fix for it?

I don not seem to notice this display issue in any other A/C loaded into PTO 1.54.

Best regards,

Barnstorm

lewis11777
October 19th, 2011, 16:33
Maybe you are missing a cockpit texture file, open up your aircraft .m3d file and check all the texture file names to see if one is missing.

Capt. Winters
October 19th, 2011, 22:05
Hi Guys,

I have experinaced this myself, I know I have all the textures in place as I have checked the M3D file content then searched out those textures. the VC is using stock CFS3 gauges

I have noticed when you drop your eye point slightly you can see the gauges etc.

I think its a graphics card setting or something similar and possibly the way the cockpit model referances the gauge images. this also happens on a couple of other plane as well.

regards Rob.

gosd
October 20th, 2011, 16:35
Hi Guys,

I have experinaced this myself, I know I have all the textures in place as I have checked the M3D file content then searched out those textures. the VC is using stock CFS3 gauges

I have noticed when you drop your eye point slightly you can see the gauges etc.

I think its a graphics card setting or something similar and possibly the way the cockpit model referances the gauge images. this also happens on a couple of other plane as well.

regards Rob.

Same thing for me can this be fixed?

Barnstorm
October 21st, 2011, 18:34
Thanks for the idea lewis 11777. The cockpit files seemto be in order...Very odd this only occurs on the F6f Hellcat (so far).

lewis11777
October 22nd, 2011, 03:04
Does not occur in mine, PM me your email and I will send you my aircraft.

Barnstorm
October 23rd, 2011, 08:46
To: Lewis11777----Check P.M.

Barnstorm

23 Oct. 2011 12:45 (-5:00 GMT)

lewis11777
October 23rd, 2011, 16:46
To: Lewis11777----Check P.M.Barnstorm
23 Oct. 2011 12:45 (-5:00 GMT)

Check your email!

Barnstorm
October 26th, 2011, 11:30
Rec;d the F6f file. Thanks.

Barnstorm
October 29th, 2011, 08:42
Thanks to everyone who offered input to help resolve the issue of the Hellcat cockpit textures not displaying properly. The "problem" was, as usual, with the user (aka-Me) :redf: . I was checking the settings in the CFS3 installs, looking for any differences, and noticed that I had all of the 'Sliders' within cfsconfig.exe in PTO set to 5. I backed them down to 4, re-started PTO and...Viola! The F6f cockpit displays just fine. I guess there is an explanation for this.
There is no difference in fps between the settings being on 4 or 5...the app constantly runs in the upper 50's with overall great preformance, but it obviously has an effect on the texture display.

Thanks again,

Barnstorm