PDA

View Full Version : Need landable aircraft carrier for part of scenery

trucker17
October 18th, 2011, 04:36
Is their anyone here who can help. I am a member of a flight club....the club is new, only 9 members so far.....We have 3 custom airports 2 in alaska and one located on Vancouver island in Canada.....
We would like to add a landable aircraft carrier to the Canada scenery.....we have tried to build one but could not get it to work....
If anyone has one that we can place as part of this scenery with permission, it would be greatly appreciated.....
Also....The flight club is open to anyone.....Joining is free.....and we do fly together online.....Please come check us out and feel free to join and or ask questions....Thx....Craig.....
The name of the club is Golden era flight club.....www.goldenerafc.webs.com (http://www.goldenerafc.webs.com)
come join us on for our Fright flight...On halloween night.....

Also i have been trying to convert flyable aircraft to scenery objects, to place around the airport and water runway dock area...any one have sugestions on how to do this....Would like to keep the planes i have for flying as well...

dhasdell
October 18th, 2011, 04:42
I think I am right in saying that the Paul Clawson Saratoga, or maybe Lexington, from FS9, works or has been adapted for FSX, and includes instructions on how to move it to a new location.

trucker17
October 18th, 2011, 05:15
I think I am right in saying that the Paul Clawson Saratoga, or maybe Lexington, from FS9, works or has been adapted for FSX, and includes instructions on how to move it to a new location.Thx dhasdell...Will check it out....The saratoga would be great as the club prefers flying vintage aircraft, to the newer ones...

dhasdell
October 18th, 2011, 05:50
You want Saravx.zip

aeronca1
October 18th, 2011, 07:40
come join us on for our Fright flight...On halloween night.....

Aha!!! A reason to drag out the AH Pumpkin! As if a reason was needed :icon_lol:.

EDIT: Never tried it in FSX, wonder if it works.... Hmmmm.

dhasdell
October 18th, 2011, 08:39
After all these years, I still think of Avalon Hill rather than Aeroplane Heaven when I see AH!

aeronca1
October 18th, 2011, 10:53
After all these years, I still think of Avalon Hill rather than Aeroplane Heaven when I see AH!

LOL, packed away amongst some of my junk are copies of Afrika Korps, 1914 and Bismarck.

dhasdell
October 18th, 2011, 11:58
Mine are U Boat and B17, Queen of the Skies.

Helldiver
October 19th, 2011, 10:25
I believe it was Paul, my memory is shot because of my stroke, but he was making an Essex class carrier that was unbelievable. I've stood where this screen shot shows on my Carrier and he was dead on. I don't know if he ever finished it for FS9 or not but what he had done was awe inspiring.

PutPut
October 19th, 2011, 13:19
I am sad to say the model you show is not mine. I may be wrong but I believe it was being done by Michael Davies.

Paul

michael davies
October 19th, 2011, 13:27
I am sad to say the model you show is not mine. I may be wrong but I believe it was being done by Michael Davies.

Paul

Correct, still picking away at the Vietnam SCB125 variant as and when the mood takes, should really go back to the others and apply some paint but that means mapping and I loath maping LOL.

sparouty
October 19th, 2011, 14:01
Correct, still picking away at the Vietnam SCB125 variant as and when the mood takes, should really go back to the others and apply some paint but that means mapping and I loath maping LOL.

:jump::jump:
Hi Michael!
Glad to see this angle deck version of the Essex class!! It remind me that I have a nice Navy Fighter in my folders that should fit perfectly to this carrier... :icon_lol:

Regarding the mapping, I whish I could offer you my help but... not on mapping...my nightmare too!! (lol)

Sylvain

TARPSBird
October 19th, 2011, 22:46
Michael, you have GOT to finish that carrier! :icon_lol: Beautiful job so far. With a few small variations it could be Hancock or Oriskany or any of the other 27-Charlie carriers from the Vietnam era.

michael davies
October 20th, 2011, 00:40
Michael, you have GOT to finish that carrier! :icon_lol: Beautiful job so far. With a few small variations it could be Hancock or Oriskany or any of the other 27-Charlie carriers from the Vietnam era.

Not Oriskany I'm afraid, thats a 27A, the fundamental difference between the C and A is the location of the aft starboard elevator, the C model is further back with a long fillet at the leading edge to blend the deck in and the aircraft handling drane is fwd of the elevator, on the A model the elevator is further forward, the crane aft of the elevator and much mush smaller fillets to blend in with the main deck. I did begin to start a A model but its a long way off anything worth looking at, actually so is the C. I also fleshed out some low poly Crusaders as AI or deck scenery, they might be an exercise to get back into things, some decent low poly USN AI models A-4, F-8, RA-5 etc?.

Helldiver
October 20th, 2011, 05:23
Mike, sorry to see that your wasting your time doing a angled deck Essex class. They turned a truly beautiful ship and turned it into a lopsided, crazy looking, abortion. God, they were bad enough when you had 60 foot seas. I don't know how these ridiculous looking kayaks would fare. Wait until they go up into the Arctic and start collecting ice top side. I'd make damn sure where my life boat station was.
Please go back to the straight deck Essex class carrier, everyone knows and loves.

expat
October 20th, 2011, 06:19
Nah - - - do 'em both!! PLEASE!! Desperate for a Nam carrier, particularly the Essex class.