PDA

View Full Version : AI objects tracking question.

robertorizzo
October 16th, 2011, 23:52
Does anybody know which parameter lets FSX track in flight or on ground an AI aircraft?
If i create an AI aircraft traffic.bgl file, then my radars (or TCAS) find it and track it.
If a create an AI ship traffic.bgl file they don't.
So, i'm wondering if there is any aircraft.cfg or sim.cfg parameter to cheat FSX and let it track a ship as an aircraft. (Maybe something close to ATC things)

Thanks guys.

roberto

lazarus
October 17th, 2011, 05:18
In the FSX simshed Nimrod there is a add-on radar gauge called 'Radar' in the config file, Range is scalable from 40-160(?) nm, and it shows AI shipping and aircraft on BGL placement, or anything added with AIcarriers, though not; oddly, stuff added with AIformation tool. Gives stationary and moving target indication by color of 'blip, direction cue on the display. Altitude given as height above or below the 'transmitter height', as well as speed and heading on the tool tip. There is an early version with a different background bitmap called 'radar', lower case, that is identical except for the background "box". It can be incorporated in the VC panel as well. It does not present any terrain or weather data, but by setting scale to match the gps display, you can infer geographic position. It will not show other users in multiplayer. Its a handy gizmo, easy to ammend to a panel.
Hope that helps.
LLS

robertorizzo
October 17th, 2011, 11:10
That's what i was looking for!!!!

Many thanks Lazarus!!!