PDA

View Full Version : MILVIZ Eagle put on hold

danielm
October 13th, 2011, 10:05
I found this on milviz site "suspension of the Eagle projects" http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1365

I love their T-38. Sorry to hear this.

Hope for the best

Dan

warchild
October 13th, 2011, 10:43
Awww, come on Colin. You can do this. Just dont give up.. I believe in you, and if you cant believe in your abilities, then believe in the part of me that believes in you. OK?? please??
Pam

MudMarine
October 13th, 2011, 11:01
I'd like to know who the coder is.....so I can never buy anything he/she does in the future. Backing out at the last minute like that is LOW. JMO

Barnes
October 13th, 2011, 11:09
I can only say that Milviz have created some exeptional products and I will definately purchase what ever comes out of the hangar next.

Only time will tell.

Phantom88
October 13th, 2011, 11:10
Bummer,I was really looking forward to this

Bone
October 13th, 2011, 11:25
That is, in a nutshell, aviation for you. However, I'm totally stoked that the next model is into a higher state of focus...

ryanbatc
October 13th, 2011, 11:30
Is the BE55 still on???

JAllen
October 13th, 2011, 11:53
Is the problem so irreconcilable that you can't talk to Colin?

Come back and finish making it as real as you can. Or tell us all why you can't.

PLEASE!

Jim

kilo delta
October 13th, 2011, 12:03
That is, in a nutshell, aviation for you. However, I'm totally stoked that the next model is into a higher state of focus...

What's that,Bone?:)

*crosses fingers for a surprise McD F4*.:icon_lol:

krazycolin
October 13th, 2011, 12:43
I have no comment(s) at this time about the Eagles except to say that I am hopeful he will come back and finish what he started...

The B-55 is still on track.

No F-4 as we would be eclipsed by A2A's and we have no idea when that will be out...

We are working on some other pretty cool stuff...

Thanks for the backing. It is much appreciated.

Rimshot
October 13th, 2011, 12:56
I'd like to know who the coder is.....so I can never buy anything he/she does in the future. Backing out at the last minute like that is LOW. JMO

Now isn't that a nice and mature response? :applause:

N2056
October 13th, 2011, 16:02
Wow Colin, I'm sorry to hear this news. I hope you are able to get back on track soon!
I do admire the fact that you are willing to put it on hold vice releasing what you have now because you don't want to release "unfinished" products. :salute:

fsafranek
October 13th, 2011, 17:20
This sort of thing happens, or will at some time, to every developer group out there. It's a part of running a company with the internet as your place of business. People want to quit or have something more pressing it's very easy to just stop working. Some do it in a way that doesn't burn bridges and some blow up the bridge on the way across. If you aren't personally involved (and I don't mean as a consumer) it's really not something to get all worked up about. If you read Colin's post at Milviz you will see that it was directed to those who worked on the project, not the potential consumers. Just sayin...

And sorry about the news Colin.
:ernae:

N2056
October 13th, 2011, 17:22
Well said, Frank :applause:

strykerpsg
October 13th, 2011, 19:30
Colin, likewise, very sad to hear. It was progressing quite well and looked so close to completion. Please do drop a line here to let us know any updates, good or bad. I will certainly be hoping for the former.

Matt

MudMarine
October 13th, 2011, 20:44
[QUOTE=Rimshot;635846]Now isn't that a nice and mature response? :applause:[/QUOTE

So since your so mature, tell me how I should respond? I guess it's more mature not to finnish tasks you agree to. Is that what you are trying to say?

N2056
October 13th, 2011, 20:58
Gonna put this out one time...
We don't know the details of what has happened, and frankly we probably never will. "Stuff" happens.
You do not know what the agreement was.
We won't tolerate this sort of argument here. Both parties should take note.

MudMarine
October 13th, 2011, 21:06
Gonna put this out one time...
We don't know the details of what has happened, and frankly we probably never will. "Stuff" happens.
You do not know what the agreement was.
We won't tolerate this sort of argument here. Both parties should take note.

Take note of what? The insult that was thrown my way for simply expressing the opinion that people should finnish what they start? It's nice to be reminded why I don't visit much here anymore; I'll take note and stay away in the future.

N2056
October 13th, 2011, 21:10
BOTH parties.

It takes two to argue, and that's what I am trying to prevent.

krazycolin
October 13th, 2011, 23:20
Guys. PLEASE. it's bad enough having to shut down my FAVORITE project without having people fighting over the dregs. I do not wish to have another thread closed.

StormILM
October 14th, 2011, 00:17
Colin, I am truly sorry to here this as the F-15E appeared a really promising product. If I may, I want to offer these words in consolation. Since buying my first payware FS model when the old Alphasim F-111 came out, I have bought literally thousands of dollars worth of FS aircraft and scenery products. One of my most prized purchases(and I don't say this lightly considering how many great FS modelers are out there who I've spent money with & enjoy their products), but you guy's T-38A is a work of art which I will fly for as long as my FSX copy will work on my machine and future machines. That being said, I know this matter is a setback but I hope that it will be one that you guys will move past and create many more works of art in the not too distant future and yes, hopefully get a version of the Strike Eagle out at some point.

Chin Up!:salute:

Gibbage
October 14th, 2011, 01:47
Making a big stink about this won't help the situation at all, and will only in the long run hurt. Sadly all of us developers all have to fish from the same small pond. There are very few people left that can even make something as complex as an F15! If something happens to 1 team member, it can totally derail a project simply because of how limited we are in resources. We don't even know the situation (I don't even know) so speculation will only hurt. I even worked a little on the F15 myself and want to see it finished, but let Colin take care of what he needs to before this blows up, ok?

Now lets all go fly! The fall trees are out calling us!

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
October 14th, 2011, 05:23
The First time Colin and I saw this model was a couple of years ago , it was and is the most complex bit of mesh we ever worked on , the were more parts in the Afterburner than many aircraft contain , it had seen two complete exterior texture sets , same for the interior, it was a monumental effort , and systems were by the book , hundreds of hours of work there as well, all the experience gained will be brought forward into the next projects, not a complete loss , but as near to one as i care to see happen.

Best CJ

JAllen
October 14th, 2011, 06:38
Colin, I'm still flying and loving the T-38A and will do so until hell freezes over. So I will +1 on StormILM. I'll be a Milviz fan for a long time, so, next aircraft coming along is eagerly awaited. Keep it going and make it as real as you can.

Jim

jeansy
October 14th, 2011, 16:57
is the 15, the only project to be affected ?

centuryseries
October 15th, 2011, 04:04
[QUOTE=Rimshot;635846]Now isn't that a nice and mature response? :applause:[/QUOTE

So since your so mature, tell me how I should respond? I guess it's more mature not to finnish tasks you agree to. Is that what you are trying to say?

That depends on the circumstances. For all you know this guy/gal might've been hit by a car and be in hospital *god forbid* and here you are worrying about a plane for your game!
Sometimes in this hobby of ours we need a reality check.

Things are not always clear cut, there are many reasons why people pull out of projects.

Bjoern
October 15th, 2011, 07:30
...and systems were by the book...

XML overload.

Going beyond the MSFS standard systems depth is one thing, striving for "by the book" complexity is nothing short of insane.

Call it the "VRS curse" if you want to. Just because one company can pull it off, it doesn't mean others can (or have to) as well.

LouP
October 15th, 2011, 08:25
And on a lighter note, Colin, I've been wondering for a while who the heck that was in your avatar, there's just not enough of them showing to figure it out :)

LouP

kilo delta
October 15th, 2011, 08:58
And on a lighter note, Colin, I've been wondering for a while who the heck that was in your avatar, there's just not enough of them showing to figure it out :)

LouP

That's Mrs Milviz,...Colin's better half

Proof...if it were needed, that there's more to life than flight sims. ;)

Onwards and upwards...guys.

n4gix
October 15th, 2011, 09:06
XML overload.

Nope. This advanced system was being coded in C++; some traditional gauges, along with some SimConnect .dlls...

Bjoern
October 15th, 2011, 09:35
Nope. This advanced system was being coded in C++; some traditional gauges, along with some SimConnect .dlls...

Even worse.

Can't blame this guy then. Especially if the F-15 was nothing but a bridge for a gap in employment.
If I had a complex, but miserably paid FSX project and an employer showed up with a really nice offer for a real life job, I'd blow up that bridge faster than anyone could say "Nooooooooo!".

Roger
October 15th, 2011, 12:37
Bjoern, I think Colin's wishes should be respected.
He has been open and explained the situation, to continue to scratch at the wound isn't helpful or productive. If you have issues you wish to expand on then pm me.

MenendezDiego
October 15th, 2011, 16:37
Your post was removed as it served no useful purpose other than to incite more problems.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

N2056

fliger747
October 15th, 2011, 19:12
Sorry to see this one go as I contributed in some minor ways to several special features. Such complex pieces have protracted development to be bug free and accomplish all the goals. Certainly one of the more advanced FSX fighter simulations.

T

Bjoern
October 16th, 2011, 09:44
Bjoern, I think Colin's wishes should be respected.
He has been open and explained the situation, to continue to scratch at the wound isn't helpful or productive. If you have issues you wish to expand on then pm me.

Fair enough.