PDA

View Full Version : New to CFS3 Rising Sun expansion Full Height carrier Launches

HouseHobbit
October 11th, 2011, 09:59
Here is a few screenshots of the new Full height carrier launches I developed for missions
in the CFS3 Rising Sun expansion.

And they said it couldn't be done..:banghead:
Never tell a hobbit he can't do something just makes a Hobbit want to do it all the more..
Enjoy all..

loverboy1
October 11th, 2011, 10:23
wow wee hobbit is now in a new threatre of operations for the masses ....check out those full hight carriers

man the man with the genius is forging ahead with anew surprises ......

excellent stuff

cjcz7
October 11th, 2011, 10:37
looks promising!:jump:

is this using the same technique as for the catapult missions or something different?

HouseHobbit
October 11th, 2011, 11:19
looks promising!:jump:

is this using the same technique as for the catapult missions or something different?

It is the same technique, with the Catapult launches..
I worked out the settings in the missions, so you start on the flight deck (the proper height)
to launch the aircraft..
I think looks much better then launching at waterline as done in CFS3..
It is a "sidestep" to the problem..

I have friends(developers who are working on a correction to CFS3 and the expansions for this)
Perhaps one of the Masters will in the future will sort this out..
Always Hopeful here..:applause:

superashi
October 11th, 2011, 11:20
awesome! can't wait for this! might I ask when my hellcats may launch?

KellyB
October 11th, 2011, 12:50
Good work, Owen, as usual.

Here's an off-the-wall question: Can you land on a carrier? Don't even know if CFS3 supports tailhooks etc.

Just wonderin'

pachi
October 11th, 2011, 13:51
Wow this sure is awesome stuff!!! :jump:

lewis11777
October 11th, 2011, 14:15
Owen nice work, I suspected you were trying to sort that problem out. As Kelly B asked, can you land on the full height carriers. In other words can we toss the adjustable height carriers?

HouseHobbit
October 11th, 2011, 16:06
I am sorry to say the present set up I use does not change anything in the Sims..

As with the catapult launch, I just side stepped the problem..
We still have the Full height and waterline carriers..

No at this time you can't land back on this carrier, in the missions you return to a waterline carrier to land..

I am hopeful someone with MUCH skill with G-max and modelling will build a Carrier for me that is as a SHIP model not a airbase type model as we have now.. Or convert a Full Height to a regular ship model I should say..
With this I could set up Full height launches using something along these lines in my missions..

popsaka
October 11th, 2011, 18:07
...Owen -even with the compromises it looks great :medals::icon29: BTW speaking of Gmax, Would it help to remind folks that in most sims (at least IMO) the carriers could be quite a bit larger (?)

HouseHobbit
October 11th, 2011, 19:33
Thanks Pops, and everyone..
It does look better I think, and it is fun to launch off a carrier and not be in the water..:applause:
Just something "Completely Different" for Rising Sun..As the great sage(s) of our times, from Monty Python would say..

As for launching Hellcats .. Sure.. They were terror on the Japanese and I do love a Great aircraft like the Hellcats..
And F4u and F8f.. :ernae: