PDA

View Full Version : Are we still on ETO 1.4

grahamfox
October 11th, 2011, 03:00
Ive been away for most of this year. I have ETO 1.4. Would someone tell me if thats the latest version or point me to anything new, had a look but cant find anything

richcreator
October 11th, 2011, 04:25
I have ETO 1.4.

I have ETO 0.000. I'm waiting for 1 complete collection of all the patches and fixes compiled into 1 complete game expansion
everything compiled into 1. titled CFS3 ETO Complete.

panzervoador
October 11th, 2011, 05:10
Ive been away for most of this year. I have ETO 1.4. Would someone tell me if thats the latest version or point me to anything new, had a look but cant find anything

You read my mind. I would also like to know if there was a newer version in progress.

Led Zeppelin
October 11th, 2011, 08:34
Yes, V1.40 is the late, Most of the team is working on Rising Sun actually, this one will be fantastic.

Since the release of V1.40, many missions have been released and uploaded here.

KellyB
October 11th, 2011, 08:37

ETO 1.4 is the latest version. There is a whole lot of work going on for a new Pacific Theater version called Rising Sun which isn't ready yet.

There is also a Battle of Britain done by Pat Pattle which is available from here at SOH.

loverboy1
October 11th, 2011, 08:44
pats separate bob and included in the 1.40 and its patches .....plus a 46th / set works welll in eto with the nessary addons a few

for bob ....fans theres a ton and not to mention the hobbit variations from his bob stuff ... its a landfill of huns in the...eto/cfs3

HouseHobbit
October 11th, 2011, 09:20
Many new items and upgrades are in several of my mission packages for ETO 1.40
O1-Driver has improved and added many new effects, and there are many other items now released..
several are in the missions I have uploaded to SOH..
The team ETO/PTO/RS are very tied up with the upcoming Beta release of The Rising Sun (CFS3 expansion for the pacific)
But not to worry, many things are also be developed for ETO as the teram works on the Rising Sun..
The latest effects files are in my missions packages here at SOH for ETO and also at the ETO/PTO site..

Tailwind
October 11th, 2011, 15:53
But not to worry, many things are also be developed for ETO......

Fixing the terrible frame rate hit in MP that happens post v1.20 wouldn't happen to be on the list would it?

There is so much support for SP missions but non for MP. I suspect if SP missions were affected like this there would have been a fix by now

To bad. So much potential that can not be used

I will continue to support, create and host ETO mission nights v1.20. Wish some of you would support it and drop in as well

TW

grahamfox
October 12th, 2011, 02:54
Thanks for your replies. Can someone tell me how to navigate to the additional missions that have been uploaded for ETO. Cant seems to find them

grahamfox
October 12th, 2011, 03:34
OK found them

vonOben
October 19th, 2011, 03:39
Hi

I've been working on a scenery update for ETO since April.

It will include 5 new seasons and all industry and airfield textures have been redone to match the new and also the old seasons.

You can check it out here:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?52159-Some-new-seasons-for-JBsceneryV3-ETO-preview

and here:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?56610-Some-new-seasons-for-JBsceneryV3-ETO-progress-report

Cheers

vonOben

richcreator
October 19th, 2011, 05:00
I've installed ETO over a dozen times so far with all the updates and still find it impossible to run correctly.
Just tried again installing ETO and update 1.20 ONLY. So far it is running perfectly that I can tell but
missions are limited. Obviously the problems I have had are only after installing the 1.40 update.
Can I ignore update 1.40 and the Hotfix and just play without them, like, download missions to run without 1.40?
Are there missions for ETO that don't need 1.40 and, if so, how can I tell the difference?

popsaka
October 19th, 2011, 14:11
...I've developed what I can only call a 'vastly bastardized' version of CFS3/ETO with all the era's airfields (and then some) installed, and prolly well over a thousand planes (takes a good 2min. to fire it up). I can run any and all missions, -even a lot of oldies but goodies. I have every possible facility, spawn, vehicle, ---you name it!(one reason for the craziness is I run it on win98se w/only 1/8th gb graphics card and 1 gig of ddram which win98se never quite utilizes and which is why I prolly could never quite get my head around the different era's). ...I've everything but Clive's latest BoB mod, but I'm about to give that baby a go on my new (newer(!)) machine pretty soon.
---------what, me worry? and ...cripes, on the old machine (before I lost one of the 4 hard drives, I had an older OFF, Korea, CFS3, MAW, PTO, as well as Jane's WWII fighters (modded to the max), Fighter Squadron (modded to the max), all the Targetware theatres, LOMAC Flaming etc. (LOL), Aces High (modded pretty much to the limit), Fighter Ace I II III , and 4 or 5 or?, Battle of Britain I and II WoV, Falcon 4.0, IL2 demo 2.0 modded, IL2 Pacific Fighters to 4.04, IL2 1946 (which is getting 4.08,4.09 as well as the sound cockpit mods (some seemed to have disappeared...-did anyone get the whole mess from 'AAA'?) Jane's USAF, F-18, Flanker, MS FS9 (2004) w/thousands of planes, etc.), Warbirds (never got that one right), Flightgear, Xplane 7 (boxed complete with that weird stock scenery), EAW's demo (and a lot of the mod stuff but I never quite got around to it... Nice community, tho' )
I know I'm forgetting... OH! CFS1 -modded to the absolute limit! -still fly it a tiny bit. ---that's all I can recall at the moment :icon_eek:

(BTW, if anyone would like to experiment with my global layer and 'qclocations.xml', just pm me with your email or maybe I'll just post 'em in a thread(?)-)

-jeeze, my typing finger is starting to have spasms... ah hah! no wonder, here comes 'big nurse' with my medications and the funny shirt they make me wear that ties my hands behind my back... ''hey wait! -no, I am calm. -no! not the hypodermic again!! noooooo'' :isadizzy: :sleep:

''We're sorry. Popsaka can't have anymore visitors right now. Its time for his nap and his enema. --yes, we'll tell him goodbye for you.'':naturesm:

richcreator
October 19th, 2011, 20:10
...I've developed what I can only call a 'vastly bastardized' version of CFS3/ETO with all the era's airfields (and then some) installed, and prolly well over a thousand planes (takes a good 2min. to fire it up). I can run any and all missions, -even a lot of oldies but goodies. I have every possible facility, spawn, vehicle, ---you name it!(one reason for the craziness is I run it on win98se w/only 1/8th gb graphics card and 1 gig of ddram which win98se never quite utilizes and which is why I prolly could never quite get my head around the different era's). ...I've everything but Clive's latest BoB mod, but I'm about to give that baby a go on my new (newer(!)) machine pretty soon.
---------what, me worry? and ...cripes, on the old machine (before I lost one of the 4 hard drives, I had an older OFF, Korea, CFS3, MAW, PTO, as well as Jane's WWII fighters (modded to the max), Fighter Squadron (modded to the max), all the Targetware theatres, LOMAC Flaming etc. (LOL), Aces High (modded pretty much to the limit), Fighter Ace I II III , and 4 or 5 or?, Battle of Britain I and II WoV, Falcon 4.0, IL2 demo 2.0 modded, IL2 Pacific Fighters to 4.04, IL2 1946 (which is getting 4.08,4.09 as well as the sound cockpit mods (some seemed to have disappeared...-did anyone get the whole mess from 'AAA'?) Jane's USAF, F-18, Flanker, MS FS9 (2004) w/thousands of planes, etc.), Warbirds (never got that one right), Flightgear, Xplane 7 (boxed complete with that weird stock scenery), EAW's demo (and a lot of the mod stuff but I never quite got around to it... Nice community, tho' )
I know I'm forgetting... OH! CFS1 -modded to the absolute limit! -still fly it a tiny bit. ---that's all I can recall at the moment :icon_eek:

(BTW, if anyone would like to experiment with my global layer and 'qclocations.xml', just pm me with your email or maybe I'll just post 'em in a thread(?)-)

-jeeze, my typing finger is starting to have spasms... ah hah! no wonder, here comes 'big nurse' with my medications and the funny shirt they make me wear that ties my hands behind my back... ''hey wait! -no, I am calm. -no! not the hypodermic
again!! noooooo'' :isadizzy:
'We're sorry. Popsaka can't have anymore visitors right now. Its time for his nap and his enema. --yes, we'll tell him goodbye for you.'':naturesm:

Excuse me, pops, but the Subject of this thread has to do with the update 1.40 for ETO and my question about the need for the 1.40 update, so . . . . . . .:ques: duh . . . .

Capt. Winters
October 19th, 2011, 22:18
Hi Guys,

Richcreator, You dont need to have 1.40 installed or the hotfix you can play 1.20 if you like, its a sound working standalone platform.

As for putting missions for 1.40 into 1.20 it will be hit and miss as to wether they work. as they may call for files only made available in 1.40

There are plenty of missions available for earlier versions of ETO.

But if I were you I would persist with the install of 1.40 if you have 1.20 running fine than there shouldnt be any reason why 1.40 wont work. its the same base with a heap of new additions.

Its vital you follow the readme instructions exactly to teh letter, just one little slip can cuase problems.

regards Rob.

PS another option would be to see if someone close to you is prepared to burn a copy of the contents of there 1.40 install to DVD then drop those files in ontop of your 1.2 install this would update your game directory without having to use the installer. just make sure the game is set to ERA 1 when its burnt to DVD and that your game is in ERA 1 when dropping the files in. I know this works becuase I have installed 1.2 onto many friends machines then just dropped my 1.4 contents in on top to bring them upto current levels.

Pat Pattle
October 20th, 2011, 03:29

-jeeze, my typing finger is starting to have spasms... ah hah! no wonder, here comes 'big nurse' with my medications and the funny shirt they make me wear that ties my hands behind my back... ''hey wait! -no, I am calm. -no! not the hypodermic again!! noooooo'' :isadizzy: :sleep:

''We're sorry. Popsaka can't have anymore visitors right now. Its time for his nap and his enema. --yes, we'll tell him goodbye for you.'':naturesm:

I think they need to increase your meds Pops! :icon_lol:

richcreator
October 20th, 2011, 07:22
I think they need to increase your meds Pops! :icon_lol:

The most frequently used phrase of most shrinks is, "Don't forget to take your medications." :icon_lol:

Thanks for the info, Capt. Winters. :salute: