PDA

View Full Version : Just Flights Tropical Spitfire

garykidman
October 10th, 2011, 10:38
I wondere if there was anyone who could help me on this subject. I have the collection of just Flights Spitfire and one of them is the version used in the tropical and Medditerranean.

I thought this one would be ideal to import int MAW, so I gave it a tryby copying it from CFS3 and pasting it into MAW.

When I started MAW it seemed to locate okay, but when I tried to start Maw again the splash screen just crashed to the Desktop twice is there something I should have done to the spifire xdp I
would be interested to know

Gary

hairyspin
October 10th, 2011, 10:55
Sounds like you're missing something - and sounds might be what are missing! Check the sound.cfg file in the Spit's sound folder - if it's aliased to another model then you'll need the sounds from that model before it will run without crashing MAW. Or better still, alias the Spit to use another MAW aircraft model's sounds, like the Hurricane's Merlin; eg:-

alias=DR_Engine_Sounds\BR_Engine_Merlin_ XX_V_12\sound

HouseHobbit
October 10th, 2011, 14:04
You MUST also copy the Guns, Weapons, and Pylons along with the needed Shared files to MAW for this to work..
Without any of these is will cause you problems..

garykidman
October 11th, 2011, 08:58
Many thanks guys for your reply to my problem I thought I might be missing something