PDA

View Full Version : Viewing AI a/c

dhasdell
October 9th, 2011, 06:24
Is there some way to get down to the lower reaches of the ai traffic list in order to view the a/c?

falcon409
October 9th, 2011, 06:43
I think what you're looking for is TTools. Should be in the SDK. It will separate the traffic bgl into three text files, one for airports one for aircraft and one for flight plans (at least I think that's how it works).:salute:

dhasdell
October 9th, 2011, 07:55
Thanks, but I don't think that's it. I use ALT/Views/View mode/Air traffic and then to get a drop down menu of ai traffic, but the lowest is a 777 and that's at the bottom of the screen - I can't scroll any further down.

guzler
October 9th, 2011, 08:22
Good question, I'd like to know that too.

dhasdell
October 9th, 2011, 08:24
Good - not just me then! And I've just added TrafficX, so I want to get my money's worth.

gradyhappyg
October 9th, 2011, 10:11
If you are runnig FSX Deluxe or better you can install the Traffic toolbox SDK from the FSX disk which will give you a traffic explore option in the in game menu bar under tools/traffic toolbox/explore.
This explains it better than I can.
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_(FSX)

FAC257
October 9th, 2011, 10:48
The SDK package is the way to go. It will give you two ways to "zoom" in on a particular AI aircraft that you are trying to view.

From the FSX menu you can either bring up the Traffic Exlporer and/or the Traffic Map. The Traffic Explorer is basically the same list that you see on the screen when you use the ALT/Views/View mode/Air traffic. You can click on any aircraft on that list and it will show up in the pop-up window.

You can also do the same thing with the Traffic Map. It looks more like an ATC type window, but it will also allow you to pick a particular aircraft from the listed aircraft and bring it up in the pop-up window also.

Here's a composite of the Traffic Map and the Traffic Explorer on top of FSX. I usually run TM and TE on a second monitor when using them.

FAC