PDA

View Full Version : Issues with FSgenesis Auto Installer

wildcat400
December 13th, 2008, 13:53
Bought FSgenesis versions for Alaska/Hawaii , and for the whole US.
Downloaded to my "my documents" file and double click the self installer auto installer and get this:
HELP!!!!!!!!!

JimC1702
December 13th, 2008, 14:08
Why not just download it again? You get unilmited downloads at FSGenesis. Just log into the store front and click on "My FSX Downloads".

If that doesn't work, stop into the FSGenesis forums. Justin is always very helpful.

Jim

wildcat400
December 13th, 2008, 14:13
Why not just download it again? You get unilmited downloads at FSGenesis. Just log into the store front and click on "My FSX Downloads".

If that doesn't work, stop into the FSGenesis forums. Justin is always very helpful.

Jim

I JUST downloaded the Alaska/Hawaii file again. I manually installed them. The USA file still gives me that error message (as pictured in the attachment).

On a side note I do not like how their downloading options are. One would think (like most downloads that you pay for) are in one big file. Not the US version it expects me to download a chunk at a time of the country. :(

harleyman
December 13th, 2008, 15:46
Thats because the resolutions at which they are made,and rather large downloads......

JSkorna
December 13th, 2008, 20:10
Hi,

Try with your Anti-Virus turned off to download and install.

DennyA
December 13th, 2008, 21:09
Also, delete your temporary Internet files and the broken installer before you try to download it again.

Or, if you have more than one web browser installed, try using the other browser to download the file.

wildcat400
December 13th, 2008, 23:03
I got the files to download and install correctly! Now the bad news... I do not notice a difference at all. BESIDES terrain resolution to 10 meters are there any other sliders that I need to move? ALSO do I need to go under FSX settings, and then to scenery library for anything?

FAC257
December 14th, 2008, 00:59
One thing to double check in your main FSX folder are for any new folders that look out of place.

I just went through re-installing all of my FSG and can't remember what folder names to look for, but inside you'll find a folder called "scenery" and inside that there will be some other folders with numbers like "301,302" etc.

For some reason, a few of the FSG auto-installers don't quite get the FSG mesh files completely within the C:\FSX\Scenery\30* locations that they belong too.

I've always had to move those misplaced FSG .bgl files over to the proper C:\FSX\Scenery numbered folders.

harleyman
December 14th, 2008, 05:15
Hmmmm...I never had a problem with install or anything but once when my Ram was dying..... Nor did the files go out of place........

You will NOT see a hugh difference in some areas....But they are there....

Find a nice Mountain test spot...capture a screen shot..then Install FSGenesis and go back to the exact same location and shoot a screen shot...Then you will really see what its doing...And if you see nothing then you have an install problem maybe