PDA

View Full Version : ND A109 or Cera B222?

LouP
October 2nd, 2011, 19:07
Pretty straightforward ;)

LouP

jeansy
October 2nd, 2011, 19:49
pretty straight forward answer Cera if you want to fly the 109 just fly the MSFS 101 thats what the fde is based on the

Cera has a lot more options than the ND bird including rotor torque, the only others models that has it is dodo and Jordan Moores 412,

Cera is quality over nemeths quantity, it always has and always will be

nemeth have become the abacus of the rotor world, sorry Collin but you where let down by your parnters nd

not to mention there are far more paints for the Cera in such a short time compared to the nd's lemon

Barnes
October 2nd, 2011, 22:02
i agree with Jeansy:salute:

robertorizzo
October 2nd, 2011, 23:49
...just wondering on how "cold & dark" can the net be.

I do not know Nemeth but in both cases there are brains , arms, sweat , time, problems, money.

Ok, this in internet, sweetie.

Dain Arns
October 3rd, 2011, 08:22
Here's a little more "broad-minded" response. (Sorry, Matt not pickin' on ya) :icon_lol:

Actually, the ND 109 has more features and options, and variants, if you do a comparison of the two.
The 109 has rain effects on the windshield, and fogging, nice sounding and lengthy wind up from a cold start, well, autopilot that sort of works, etc.
There are a lot of repaints available for the 109 if you look for them.
I actually like the look of the VC in the 109 better than Cera's 222.
It seems to have crisper detail, better textures.

That being stated, Matt is absolutely right on this, the flight dynamics are not very good for the 109, unless you enjoy looking at the ground at cruise speed.
A promised patch has yet to be released, soon going into the 4th month of waiting now.
We've been assured that the patch is being tested for the past few weeks now on the Nemeth forums.
Unfortunately this is a very typical pattern for Nemeths, for the past couple years.
I can think of several of their products we have been waiting years now for patches, especially the EC120.
Needless to say my confidence in Nemeth is waning as well.

The Cera 222B is very nice, but again it seems to suffer, slightly, in flight dynamics.
Cera has released an update already (within days of release) to correct some reported issues with it and it seems better, now.
I still think the FD .air file Jordan Moore created over at Hovercontrol is still better, IMHO.
However, there is just something I can't seem to put my finger on yet.
I just don't enjoy flying the 222B as I expected I would.
Compared to Cera's other products, the 412 and 212, I actually prefer the 412 best of all.

But between the two right now, the 109 or the 222, Cera's 222 is the most flyable and probably a better choice.
IF the 109 was ever given an accurate FD with rotor torque, I would still actually prefer the 109 over the 222, personally.

//-------------------------------

Oh, I would like to mention ND's MD500 for FSX has rotor torque now, due to an updated FD posted by Nightsta1ker over at Hovercontrol.
He actually has hours in this type, so the new FD is very well done. No more 'nose high' to stop the lil beast.
I can strongly recommend if you have the Nemeth MD500, to run not walk over to Hovercontrol, download and install these new .cfg and .air files.
Make a backup of your original .cfg file of course for transfer of repaints, Shockwave lights locations, etc.

jeansy
October 3rd, 2011, 17:59
no, your fine DA :wavey:

im going off as of this minute, but horses for courses

ND have talked about many patches in the past which never saw the light of day

I was basing my choice if Lou was going to spend the money "today" as I feel the Cera would be the better choice

ive deleted my 109 and i dont think i will re install it i know a few mates who have done the same

sadly the past 2 yrs nemeth birds have become some what crappy compared to the older models they produced and beacuse of that they have lost a tonne of credibility of it which was eveidnt on a lot of fourms after the 101/109 sh#t fight release,

i like what it was described to me on another forum, "the package is only as good as the flight model despite how many features, models and gimmicks you put in it" and another fav "you cant call it a Ferrari if it has a Daewoo engine in it"

Dexdoggy
October 3rd, 2011, 18:01
Hmm, waas thinking of purchasing my first payware Helo, think I'm going to go with Jeansy's advice and pick up the Cera Bell 222!

Dain Arns
October 3rd, 2011, 19:11
no, your fine DA :wavey:

im going off as of this minute, but horses for courses

ND have talked about many patches in the past which never saw the light of day

I was basing my choice if Lou was going to spend the money "today" as I feel the Cera would be the better choice

ive deleted my 109 and i dont think i will re install it i know a few mates who have done the same

sadly the past 2 yrs nemeth birds have become some what crappy compared to the older models they produced and beacuse of that they have lost a tonne of credibility of it which was eveidnt on a lot of fourms after the 101/109 sh#t fight release,

i like what it was described to me on another forum, "the package is only as good as the flight model despite how many features, models and gimmicks you put in it" and another fav "you cant call it a Ferrari if it has a Daewoo engine in it"

Yep, Jeansy, I unfortunately agree.

//-------------------------------------------------------

I think I finally figured out why I'm not flying the 222 as much as I think I should be.
The 500 has always been my favorite helicopter in real life.
Now that the MD500 has a fantastic and realistic .air file, I've been flying that exclusively.
It's such a responsive and quick, but stable helicopter to fly now.
The original FD were just too goofy.
So the Cera 222 is great, it's just not what I'm satisfied with flying at the moment personally.

LouP
October 3rd, 2011, 20:14
TY Jeansy,

Picked up the 222 and like it a lot. I threw Jordan's update in right away and never even tried the stock cfg and air file. I may switch it back just to see what the difference is. Jordon's set-up is really sensative on the pitch but it feels like that may be the way it is for real but I don't know. Had no issues taking off, flying, and landing as long as I kept on top of it. I also threw my RXP CNS 530 in the cockpit, it fit OK. I probably would eventually pick up the 109, also, if they ever do the update to it but I am not holding my breath based on what I read here.

LouP

Hughes-MDflyer4
October 4th, 2011, 14:52
I have the Cera 222 and absolutely love it. After all the issues I've heard so many people with the ND A109, I'm not going to get it. Cera is known for their nearly bug free add-ons.