PDA

View Full Version : Transparent Sea

nwp
December 13th, 2008, 00:59
OK, I give up!

I've been running CFS3 on two machines, one at home and one at work(!). At home, using a Radeon 9550 graphics card, all is fine. At work, using an iMac with a Radeon 2600HD with the exact same install, I can turn all the detail up but I get transparent rivers and sea. You can sometimes (depending on the angle) tell that the water is there, but you can see fields etc. through it.

Which is really disconcerting. I'm guessing it's a video driver issue, but I haven't been able to work out how to fix it (don't understand enough about the Z-Bias etc. to know whether there's any chance of any of those settings fixing it).

I would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction or help me to sort this out.

Cheers,

Nick

OberstDanjeje
December 13th, 2008, 02:05
The ATI cards don't work very well with CFS3, try to update the driver.
Now I'm using the Nvidia card but before I had the same problem with the ATI and I solved it when I installed the Catalist 8.7.

remcoc
December 13th, 2008, 04:37
Hi NWP,

Updating the driver did the trick for me too!

www.guru3d.com (http://www.guru3d.com) or more precise: http://downloads.guru3d.com/

Remco

Wildfowler
December 14th, 2008, 01:10
OK, I give up!

I've been running CFS3 on two machines, one at home and one at work(!). At home, using a Radeon 9550 graphics card, all is fine. At work, using an iMac with a Radeon 2600HD with the exact same install, I can turn all the detail up but I get transparent rivers and sea. You can sometimes (depending on the angle) tell that the water is there, but you can see fields etc. through it.

Which is really disconcerting. I'm guessing it's a video driver issue, but I haven't been able to work out how to fix it (don't understand enough about the Z-Bias etc. to know whether there's any chance of any of those settings fixing it).

I would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction or help me to sort this out.

Cheers,

Nick

Look on the bright side.

Good for anti submarine work!!:costumes: