PDA

View Full Version : Errors Free Flights

Killer Svend
September 29th, 2011, 05:07
Gents in the air
I made a clean install of cfs2 and installed Rami's Malta Spitfire, I have only the planes installed that I should have acc.to instructions + those who is installed as standard. Suddenly when I tried to fly free flight and quick combat, I got the famous dialog box saying:" Failed to initialize the databases you might need----Etc. bla bla". what have I done wrong? The planes are flying fine in single missions and campaine.I have difinitely pressed a wrong button but !!!

Can any assist

Killer Svend

tobob
September 29th, 2011, 08:26
You know if we never added anything to the sim we would never have this problem, but what's the fun in that! :icon_lol:

Here's a good place to start-

Check all planes for proper aliasing for sound and panels. This is almost always my problem.

If you deleted any stock planes, the qcplane.qcb file may need to be changed.

tobob

vidal
September 29th, 2011, 10:00
Sounds like if you have had reached the 100 planes limit ...
But it is strange since you have only stock planes plus one add-onn ... unless you have a lot of skins (each skin counts).

bearcat241
September 29th, 2011, 12:59
Killer Svend, since you're working with a fresh install with few addons, deleting the following files from the main CFS2 directory might help:

INDEX_FILE
LAT_INDEX
STR_INDEX
WAYPOINT_INDEX
AIRWAY_INDEX
ICAO_INDEX
ppath.log

You have to do this with the sim inactive. When you reload the sim it will recreate these with updated data. Are you working with any addon ships in addition to all of the stock vessels?

Killer Svend
October 1st, 2011, 23:13
Hi gents
I will try to answer all questions: 1. I have 33 aircrafts and one skin for each 2. yes I have installed several additional ships mainly GC ships as per Rami's instruction for Malta Spitfire. I have tried your different recommendations but up to now, in vane.:salute:
Killer Svend

vidal
October 2nd, 2011, 02:13
The 100 rules applies for ships, as well.:salute:

Finn
October 2nd, 2011, 09:49
For some strange reason I too had problems with "malta Spitfire". I (like Killer Sven) made a totally new install for MTO, beginning with "malta spitfire" and never has been able to fly it, except mission 1. Mission 2 calls for an alarm start, which goes fine - I really enjoyed the nice Malta scenery, but the very moment the enemy is in sight BANG CTD. I too tried the different solutions and even the great Rami gave up on this (first time ever, he normally IS the Guru of CFS-2). In case any of you geniusses out there has a new solution, please post it. By the way Bearcat - that solution of yours came handy in solving a problem in my East Front install - thank for that.
Finn

misson
October 2nd, 2011, 10:15
The 100 rules applies for ships, as well.:salute:

for those whom the limit of 100 aircraft or ships is a problem, I recommend this utility if itīs not in sim-outh.. library: http://forum.lwdesigns.com.au/downloads.php?cat=2&sort_by=0&order=ASC&start=10

misson
October 2nd, 2011, 10:20
for those whom the limit of 100 aircraft or ships is a problem, I recommend this utility if itīs not in sim-outh.. library: http://forum.lwdesigns.com.au/downloads.php?cat=2&sort_by=0&order=ASC&start=10

it doesnt matter if u use mk_cfs2_util.exe, u can use both utilities!

Oglivie
October 2nd, 2011, 13:36
Check your ships to make sure that the each ship DP file and model file have the exact same name as the folder they are in (all three should have the same name). Also if you enter any into the descript.dat file (which is used for Mission Builder and located in info folder) the descriptions will not display in MB if there is spaces in the ship names. I have (believe or not) 220 ships in my PTO install and everything loads without any problem. So give the ships a check out and see if it will work out for you.

Note: Also check the ship.cfg (title= and sim=) and model.cfg files with a text editor to make sure they are calling the same name as the ship folder and files. They will have to be edited if you change the DP file or model file names.

Killer Svend
October 3rd, 2011, 23:07
I have installed 45 ships,so it can't not be to many but must admit that some of them is a real mish-mash re. DP and cfg files with,God knows how many different names for the same thing. I have now, to my best ability, changed this to be the same, all ower, so let's see if it works, a real "goat market" was also to install the Swordfish-Taranto and the MC_202_84, it was a struggle for hours before they were airborne,but finally I was lucky. I will give the whole thing one more chance, if no success, I will either leave CFS2 forever or use self install programmes. I am really tired of spending hours in front of the computer if the result is a no-go in 90 percent of the cases.

Oglivie
October 4th, 2011, 11:56
Time consuming, it can be at times. I am stubborn at correcting problems...well maybe not all the time (lol). If it is a ship folder(s) it would probaby be the last one(s) that were installed just before the problem began. It helps to install a few items at a time and then check for errors. If a lot is installed at once it can be a troublesome chore to sort out. If so it is sometimes better to remove the addon files installed and start over with several items (i.e. ships) at a time, or removing several items at a time and checking CFS2 for correct operation until the certain file or files are found. But before doing all that try moving all your (3rd party download) addon ships to a temp folder and check the free flight operation to see if it is an addon ship or not that is causing the problem.

Oglivie
October 4th, 2011, 13:56
Killer Svend,
I just noted you are at Aalborg. I uploaded a Storch project to the SOH library awhile back based on operational Fi-156U's at Aalborg during WWII. The info I gathered for the aircraft is from members of the 12 O'clock High Luftwaffe Forum...very interesting.

Killer Svend
October 5th, 2011, 03:25
hi Oglivie
I will try to follow your advises. Me to are stubborn to a certain extend. Re Aalborg, Denmark was occupied by Nazi-Germany 9th. April 1940, just before my birth. The day after they started to build an airbase who turned out to be one of the biggest in northern Europe. The left us again after 5th.May 1945 and the airbase was the beginning of Aalborg airport and air base . We are the most modern airport in Denmark to day with 1,2 million passengers pr.A So things are never so bad that it is not good for something else.
Killer Svend:salute:

Killer Svend
October 5th, 2011, 23:20
I put all downloaded ships in a separate file and VOILA free flight is flying again,Can now put them back again one by one to see where the problem is , it will be a big job, but never give up.Shall keep all informed about the result.:salute:

Oglivie
October 15th, 2011, 08:45
Killer Svend,

I have been away a few days. Glad to read you have narrowed down the free flight problem....just need to find the ship or ships causing it now. Post again with your results or if we can be of further help.

The Nazi regime was in Denmark for sometime then, almost the entire duration of WWII. I did not know of the modern Aalborg airport, that is good news.

Killer Svend
October 18th, 2011, 07:40
I struggeled un, but I never got the campaign to operate, gave up finally and tried to start a new one namely the Mosquito squadron. it is even worse and I will open a new thread on the subject.We have to leave Rami in peace for the time beeing
Killer Svend:salute: