PDA

View Full Version : Me modeling the Republic RC-3 Live! 2pm Pacific. 9/27/11

Gibbage
September 27th, 2011, 10:03
If anyone is interested, im going to try this out. Im going to be working on the KCFS Republic Seabee LIVE on Justin.tv at 2PM Pacific. You can watch me here once its up.

http://www.justin.tv/gibbage/

Im sure it will be boring to most ppl, but I will be there to chat if anyone has any questions. Up today is starting the forward dash, and seats! Heh. If I get a lot of interest, I will make this a thing or something. Im just trying it out to see the response. There will be no audio as I like to play music during my work.

So, stop in, say hi, and get a bit of a preview of the work on the Seabee!

See you at 2pm!

Bjoern
September 27th, 2011, 11:53
Hm, keeping the footage might be of value as a learning tool for others who can't watch along.
(Post it on FSDev or something.)

Nice idea for sure though.

If only the plane in question wasn't such an ugly bird... :D

Gibbage
September 27th, 2011, 12:40
Ugly? Its all in the eyes of the beholder. I think she looks really nice. Lots of nice detail and an amazing 50's shape that I think still holds up today. I could see a modern carbon fiber version of it, with two seats and fitting in the LSA catagory. Hummm. Maybe something like this?

http://www.makesandmodels.com/images/Jan-Feb2009/plane/01.jpg

I will see what I can do about keeping the recording up. I dont know what the limit is and my modeling sessions can take hours.

Gibbage
September 27th, 2011, 13:10
OK. ITs live. I will be doing this for a few hours. Come in and chat if you want!

N2056
September 27th, 2011, 13:15
I guess I picked a good day to end up missing work due to getting a cold!
Unfortunately for me at least it's borderline watchable. If I go full screen so I can actually see what you are doing it's blurry enough to be a show stopper here. Hopefully there is something that can be done as I'd like to watch you work. I still go back and review those old YouTube tutorials you did on modeling from time to time.

falcon409
September 27th, 2011, 15:35
Ugly? Its all in the eyes of the beholder. I think she looks really nice. Lots of nice detail and an amazing 50's shape that I think still holds up today. I could see a modern carbon fiber version of it, with two seats and fitting in the LSA catagory. Hummm. Maybe something like this?. . . . . . . . .
Nothing wrong with the Seabee for sure Gib and the Icon is one of my favorite FSX amphibs.:salute:

Gibbage
September 27th, 2011, 15:45
OK. Im done for now. I got a lot of work done on the interior and hope the few ppl that watched enjoyed it!!! I will see about doing something for the resolution. I watched bits on my other screen and it was total sht. You could get a general feel, but the resolution was amazingly poor! I have plenty of bandwidth and a PC that can handle it. The biggest problem is im using demo software on a demo service. Buying into it will get me better resolution, but I dont know if it will justify the 100$ in software and service. I will see what I can do though with other packages.

I want to do more video tutorials, but they were amazingly time consuming. Just working like this is not, since your just watching my normal stuff and im not having to make a script, and narate it, and edit it later.

If you have any questions about how I did something in the video, feel free to ask.

Gibbage
September 28th, 2011, 09:44
Im going to try a new service today. ustream seems to have better resolution then justin.tv. Ill post more later, but the time will be the same. 2pm.

Cirrus N210MS
September 28th, 2011, 10:22
that RC-3 looks Nice I may pick it up when its done i like planes like that Keep up the Great work

Gibbage
September 28th, 2011, 12:50
I will be starting the 2nd session of the modeling braudcast shortly after 2pm on Ustream.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/seabee-work

Please stop in and feel free to ask questions!

Gibbage
September 28th, 2011, 14:35
Well nobody seems interested so I shut it down. Time for me to get back too work! :salute:

crashaz
September 28th, 2011, 15:06
On the day I have to work out of the house too.... figures. Might want to try a weekend day.... sure there will be some there. I would have asked a ton of questions.:wavey:

N2056
September 28th, 2011, 15:13
I tried to watch it. It was a little better, but still a bit too blurred.
Ever try Teamviewer? I found out about it while helping a fellow member work with Gmax. Free, and it works great!

Kiwikat
September 28th, 2011, 15:43
Well nobody seems interested so I shut it down. Time for me to get back too work! :salute:

It is a little early for most people that work days... just sayin. :wavey:

Gibbage
September 28th, 2011, 16:19
Ill check out Teamviewer. I just want to make sure that whatever software I use does NOT require the viewers to install something.

Since this is currently my only job, I do most of my work in the day time between 2-6PM. I may try again on a weekend for a few hours.

N2056
September 28th, 2011, 16:23
Well, then I think that leaves Teamviewer out. Somehow I doubt you are going to do much better than what you have now without spending money, and personally that's not something I'd be willing to do!