PDA

View Full Version : Stinker

Terry
September 24th, 2011, 12:52
As soon as the powers that be at Speed Network saw that Kyle was going to stink up another truck race they should have switched over to the auction. That had to be one of the top 10 most boring races ever broadcast! :sleep:

Panther_99FS
September 24th, 2011, 13:00
So is it Kyle or his equipment that leads to his truck domination performances like today :ques:

Terry
September 24th, 2011, 14:04
So is it Kyle or his equipment that leads to his truck domination performances like today :ques:

I would say about 70% driver and 30% crew and equipment.

EasyEd
September 24th, 2011, 14:38
Hey All,

Backwards

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
September 24th, 2011, 15:19
Hey All,

Backwards

-Ed-

Can we apply the same to Jimmie Johnson? (Especially since Gordon has 4 championships with the same team)

EasyEd
September 24th, 2011, 19:09
Hey All,

During the era of the wing? - Probably so. No team knew how to "wing it" :bump: as good as Jimmie and Chad. Wingin it as well as understanding that - for the most part - NO race is as important as winning the Championship was the key to Jimmie's dominating performance. Before and after the wing it comes down to the right call at the right time by Jimmie and Chad or their opponents and some luck. I still recall with great fondness the sight of Kyle and Denny coming down pit road while everybody else stayed out cause they knew Phoenix (fall 2010) was a fuel economy race while the Gibbs boys were clueless. In the trucks Kyle has basically a Sprint Cup level team with no Sprint Cup level competition other than Harvick. Hard to lose with equipment that good.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
September 25th, 2011, 00:47
I still recall with great fondness the sight of Kyle and Denny coming down pit road while everybody else stayed out cause they knew Phoenix (fall 2010) was a fuel economy race while the Gibbs boys were clueless. -Ed-

So what you're essentially saying is that Hendrick Motorsports is a better team than Joe Gibbs racing....
+1 "underdog" point to all the Gibbs drivers then....:mixedsmi:

Daveroo
September 25th, 2011, 08:44
panther...why do you do it?....youll never win...we all know the truth,,,but his truth is his own,,,,,,as far as gordon,,he and evernham have how many wins?..championships mean everything yes..but overall most drivers talk about wins in general...look at Jeffs 85 overall in cup....Kyle may or may not get there,but 30 in trucks,50 in nationwide? i dont even know in cup....the boy can drive period,,,,,he can "wheel a car" better than most people can.....oh the heck with it

Panther_99FS
September 25th, 2011, 09:52
The big "unknown" is how many more championships Gordon/Evernham *could* have won....However, I'm looking forward to Kasey Kahne doing well next year