PDA

View Full Version : Do you think you could do this?

hey_moe
September 23rd, 2011, 02:32
This is something different if ya like flying >> http://www.dailypress.com/videogallery/64943708/News/Wingsuit-flier-takes-off-in-China

Whitehawk
September 23rd, 2011, 02:46
Guy's a nutter, but I would love to have the nerve to try it! Check this one out same guy- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k :salute:

Edit: Uh sorry for the inserted clip, not sure how I managed that lol I just pasted the link!

hey_moe
September 23rd, 2011, 02:59
I like your video better...lol. To look at the speed he is moving when he gets close to the ground is unreal...Mike
Guy's a nutter, but I would love to have the nerve to try it! Check this one out same guy- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k :salute:

Edit: Uh sorry for the inserted clip, not sure how I managed that lol I just pasted the link!

Matt Wynn
September 23rd, 2011, 09:25
speed is of the essence, a person in freefall clocks around 129mph (Human Terminal Velocity), add in the drag and 'lift' of a wingsuit, we're probably still in the ballpark of close to 90mph+, freefall yes.... i'd do that (and regularly used to), Wingsuit Jump.... heck, give me the Kit and i'd give it a whirl :icon_lol:

TARPSBird
September 23rd, 2011, 21:59
For some reason I don't see that guy dying peacefully in his sleep at age 105. :icon_lol: At 1:19 in the vid he pushed it awful close to the deck and I think he knew it.

Tako_Kichi
September 23rd, 2011, 22:08
Oh he knew it all right and even laughed about it at the end. I agree that he will probably end up as a red smear on some mountain long before he hits retirement age but at least he seems to be having fun.

hey_moe
September 24th, 2011, 03:07
Well I must be a puss cus if da jump didn't kill me the landing would:icon_lol:. It looks like something cool to try out but I would do it around some deep water and not to high to see how I like it. The chance of doing the kind of jump he did would have killed me because I would have crapped myself to death all the way to the end :mixedsmi:...lol.

David_L6
September 24th, 2011, 04:34
I'd like to try that. Problem is, you ain't gonna get me that close to the edge of a cliff and if you did someone would have to throw me off!

stansdds
September 24th, 2011, 04:39
Not the sort of thing I'd want to do. :isadizzy:

ThinkingManNeil
September 24th, 2011, 11:28
Holy. Freakin'. Cats. :isadizzy:

TARPSBird
September 24th, 2011, 14:39
And his suit is not much different from the Acme brand "Bat Man Suit" that Wile E. Coyote used to use to try and catch the Roadrunner. :icon_lol: If I'm gonna do that crazy stuff I'd want engines like Yves "Jetman" Rossy.

Wittpilot
September 25th, 2011, 06:27
I realize he is in a 'freefall' mode, but when he got dangerously close to the ground, could he trade speed for altitude in that wingsuit? I really don't know, I would guess, not much.... But if it is aerodynamic enough, I would think he could climb just a bit right? Any ideas?

-witt

demorier
September 25th, 2011, 17:05
Geez ...I'd give it a go. I'd say he has done quite a few test jumps to sort out the 'descent rate' vs 'forward speed' formula....you would need to have complete confidence in that to get that close to the ground. Looks great fun.