PDA

View Full Version : RE: Need help in installing 'REAL EVIROMENT PRO'

brad kaste
December 12th, 2008, 17:54
Hi All,
I've been thinking of installing 'Real Enviroment Pro' However, I'm not sure if I'm stuck before I've started.:isadizzy: In the info sheet it states if one wants to use 'R.E.Pro' Enhanced lights one must go into the FS9 cfg. file and change the following:
[DISPLAY]
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=.9
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=.9
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=.9
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=.9
However, as you can see in my posted jpg., there aren't any of the above settings showing under [DISPLAY] The only thing that I have under [DISPLAY] is: Upper_Framerate_Limit=34 and TEXTURE_Bandwith_Mult.=40. I've go up and down the cfg. looking for the above and can't find. Maybe I'm blind to this stuff.
So I copy/paste the above setting into the FS9 cfg. file underneath the one stated 'Texture_Bandwith_Mult.=40?
2ndly,....on the display page of 'Real Envi. Pro.' there's three files labled: -msvbvm60.dll -comct32.ocx and -scrrun.dll. Do these three apps./files get installed into the game settings too? Or do just ignore these all together?
Any assistence would be appreiciated. Thanks.
-Brad

Flyboy208
December 12th, 2008, 18:29
Brad, sorry Mate, never ran into that problem myself - REP ran seamlessy for me - hope you get it sorted out - a tremendous addon for FS9.

Mike :isadizzy:

bull494
December 12th, 2008, 19:05
I would suggest adding the runway scalar values manually, just as it is listed. I don't know why they are not listed in your cfg file, but that is where they should be. As far as the other files go, I am not sure about those as I have not had to work with them.

James

P.S. The scalar values should be inserted under the texture bandwidth multiplier line. Be sure to backup your original FS9.CFG file before doing this.

Cazzie
December 12th, 2008, 19:15
It will not appear in your FS9.cfg Vrad, you "have' to add it.

It's not problem and was even used before REP by applying the VOZ tweaks.

Simply open your FS9.cfg and copy and paste the required info below TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40. You may wish to test this figure, I go as high as 400, but definately go higher than 40. Also type in this:

TextureMaxLoad =10

under TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=??? (Your figure choice)

It should look like this:

[DISPLAY]
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30 (This is my figure)
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400 (this is my figure)
TextureMaxLoad =10
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.7
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.7
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.0
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0

Caz

brad kaste
December 13th, 2008, 04:55
Hi Gents,
Thanks so much for your quick responses. I plan to copy/paste the above info of Cazzie's into the FS9 cfg. file.
However,...I have a few more questions. I noticed that within the folder labeled 'Sun' there's four bmp. images PLUS a cfg. file labeled 'suneffect.' (2kb) Is that copied into the same folder (FS9) where the main cfg. file is located? That is,...the folder that also contains folders labeled Aircraft, Facilities, and Scenery Cache? Or is it tossed into the main TEXTURE folder?
Finally, those three apps or files labeled, *msvbvm60.DLL
*comct32.ocx and *scrrun.dll ......where are they installed into? Or just ignore them?