PDA

View Full Version : Carriers Tacans & Planes

robertorizzo
September 19th, 2011, 14:42
As many of you know, both F-18 VRS and Etendard IV by RoyaleFrenchNavy, F-14D by D.Cattaneo, recognize Javier's Nimitz and Ike, Clem, Foch CDG, Ark Tacans, just switching their Nav 2 frequency.
This works with AI Carriers or simply using the ships in a bgl traffic file.
I can't find the ships this way from a heli or other aircrafts (Wilco's Harrier i.e.)
So I'm asking you what have I to do, to configure, to modify, for having all my planes and helis capable to find their way to a safe approach.
Thanks.

hae5904
September 19th, 2011, 14:59
Well, that's weird! As the frequencies are build in the carrier models. Nothing will change that.
The only problem that might exist is when there's a similar VOR station frequency near by.

Cheers,
Hank

robertorizzo
September 19th, 2011, 15:33
Thx but i did not mean about another ship to place the freq in..
I just want to find Clem or Ark from an heli with their normal freqs

hae5904
September 19th, 2011, 15:37
I understand Robert. My way of saying, whether you fly the F/A-18, Etendard IVM...or even a Piper Cub, you should get the direction to the ship.

Cheers,
Hank

hae5904
September 19th, 2011, 15:46
Another possibility is whether your NAV 2 radio is actually activated within your aircraft.cfg file or not? Some addons do have the default radio set in the cockpit, but a non working NAV 2 in the aircraft cfg file.

Hank

orionll
September 19th, 2011, 20:26
Proper moving, working, Acceleration AI aircraft carriers do not and can not have navaids. The aircraft you mentioned (modified F/A-18 HUD, Etendard, T-45, VRS etc.) simulate the carrier's navaids as part of their gauge system, using algorithms and simulation variables. Not all developers have implemented such a feature, as you have found out.

sparouty
September 19th, 2011, 22:49
Proper moving, working, Acceleration AI aircraft carriers do not and can not have navaids. The aircraft you mentioned (modified F/A-18 HUD, Etendard, T-45, VRS etc.) simulate the carrier's navaids as part of their gauge system, using algorithms and simulation variables. Not all developers have implemented such a feature, as you have found out.

Hi!
In addition, I'd say that if you can add to any aircraft the gauges needed for having Tacan variables calculated (just copy paste some gauges from Zephyr for instance), you'll have no instrument in your VC to read and show these variables...

As a workaround to these issue, we're working on a "Carrier Tacan" tool kit which includes a 2D gauge coded for showing Tacan variables (heading and distance). Then anyone would be abble to custom any aircraft to track Acceleration AI carriers...
Regards
Sylvain

robertorizzo
September 20th, 2011, 00:17
That's it!

No problem Sylvain, I'm going to fly with a certain Etendard, and i'll forget the helis waiting for the gauge.
I thought there was such a problem.

"To track carriers" this was the right english for what i was looking for.

Thanks to all who answered my question.
Roberto

MartinM
September 20th, 2011, 03:31
Actually I am would be interested to know how to tune NAV2 on the IRIS F-14 V1.50. It has no NAV2 to tune in cockpit.

Any idea?

Cheers
Martin

sparouty
September 20th, 2011, 09:25
Actually I am would be interested to know how to tune NAV2 on the IRIS F-14 V1.50. It has no NAV2 to tune in cockpit.

Any idea?

Cheers
Martin

Hi,
With the package we're working on, you could choose whatever Nav you want to use for the "Carrier Tacan"
For instance on ETD, we decided to use Nav2, but if F14 doesn't have Nav2 you could use Nav1: it's not a problem!!

Regards,
Sylvain

MartinM
September 21st, 2011, 06:17
I tried to tune NAV1 to the carrier ILS. There is zero reaction.

sparouty
September 21st, 2011, 10:14
I tried to tune NAV1 to the carrier ILS. There is zero reaction.

Hi,
Yes for sure, as far as I know, there is no instrument in the F14 that has taken into account the specific variables of "Carrier Tacan system": in the F14 only FSX nav variables are displayed in the different gauges...

As I said previously, for such planes, you need to add a new 2D gauge which is coded with these specific "carrier Tacan" variables to show heading and distance from the tuned carrier...
Regards,
Sylvain