PDA

View Full Version : A couple of B-17's and their little friends!

TuFun
September 18th, 2011, 15:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhQwDYoUf34

Scratch
September 18th, 2011, 15:38
Very nice!

Warrant
September 18th, 2011, 15:57
Very impressive!

mal998
September 18th, 2011, 16:28
great vid!

whose B-17 A2A? and whose paint?

roger-wilco-66
September 19th, 2011, 04:46
Very atmospheric video, good work! I saw that you departed and landed at Munda / New Georgia!

A little hint: over Ballale, Kahili and Tonolei habour there's a nice and dense flak coverage that would look and dramatic in the video!
Depending on the altitude, you'd get tracer AAA at low alt or bursts over 7000 ft (if I recall rightly).

Cheers,
Mark

jankees
September 19th, 2011, 05:59
nice video!
Love that last shot btw!

Daube
September 19th, 2011, 06:58
Cool video, I loved the part where the Mustangs are flying around the B-17, and one of them doing a loop. Very cool engine sounds, I have to say.

TuFun
September 19th, 2011, 10:17
great vid!

whose B-17 A2A? and whose paint?

I've credit them in the movie... all repaints by jankees, B-17 by A2A, and P51 by Warbirdsim.

TuFun
September 19th, 2011, 10:24
Very atmospheric video, good work! I saw that you departed and landed at Munda / New Georgia!

A little hint: over Ballale, Kahili and Tonolei habour there's a nice and dense flak coverage that would look and dramatic in the video!
Depending on the altitude, you'd get tracer AAA at low alt or bursts over 7000 ft (if I recall rightly).

Cheers,
Mark

Thanks Mark... I'll have to check that out, possible a part 2 in the making if it turn out alright. I'll do a test with my Mitchell!

TuFun
September 19th, 2011, 10:26
nice video!
Love that last shot btw!

Thanks jankees for those incredible repaints!

Helldiver
September 19th, 2011, 11:49
A beautifully done picture of B17s. It has to be a classic. It's too bad all you had to work with was a B-17 G. All the E and Fs were replaced by B-29s in 1944.
The only Gs that flew in the Pacific were drones, after the war, for Nuclear tests.
The formation flying was a nightmare. It's a wonder they didn't fly into each other I suppose you had to make them move around to keep it interesting. Plus the P-51 wouldn't be skylarking around and wasting gas. But then again, you wanted to make it interesting. But most flights are BORING. Even in the Navy.
The finish was just beautiful. Very believable.

TuFun
September 19th, 2011, 12:55
You are spot on Helldiver. My neighbor is a retired Colonel and flew B-25's. He lost most of his hearing, because of hours of droning engines.

And yes, it would be a dull movie, if the Mustangs weren't flying around and bombers juggling in formation.

I probably wouldn't be flying sims, if it weren't for qualilty 3rd party aircraft and scenery. When Orbx came out with their scenery, I started flying FSX again.

Also, a performance computer helps a lot too! :)