PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Model Help Needed

falcon409
September 18th, 2011, 04:57
I don't know if anyone else is flying this model, but the Seabird Seeker SB7L is a very nice FSX version of the real-world counterpart built by Seabird Aviation Australia. It's primarily a low-level Observation platform used for pipeline inspection, coast watch, aerial photography and security to name a few. The gentleman who released this attempted to add a pilot to the cockpit, but had little success with his attempts and so decided to release it minus the pilot. I have spoken to him and he has stated that if I could find someone willing to work with him to add the pilot he would release it as an update. If anyone is interested, please PM me and I will put you in touch with him. The airplane has great potential and I've been working on the textures (inside and out) to enhance them, but the pilotless cockpit takes a bit away from the immersion factor and it would be a much more attractive package with a pilot included. Thanks for your assistance.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
September 18th, 2011, 06:30
Cool Aircraft , presuming the project is for FSX i would be happy to help.

I will send you the contact info by pm

Best CJ

falcon409
September 18th, 2011, 07:17
Thanks Chuck, info is on it's way to ya. For those who are unfamiliar with the "Seeker", here is a livery I just finished (I think), a fictional livery for the PNG Forest Authority.

OleBoy
September 18th, 2011, 08:12
I liked that model also. If I recall correctly it was fairly well done, and fun to fly for sight seeing excursions. It's nice of you to help out with the pilot Chuck!!

kilo delta
September 18th, 2011, 09:12
looks like a cross between an Aerospatiale Gazelle and an ultralight.:icon_lol:

Great work,Falcon...and thanks to Chuck for his generosity in helping out.:applause::ernae:

falcon409
September 19th, 2011, 03:41
I have a question about this airplane pertaining to "shine". I noticed after loading the new livery I was working on that the entire aircraft (including the tires) was covered in a high gloss shine. I looked in the texture folder but the only files are one file for the interior textures, one for the exterior, the prop blur texture (all in dds) a cfg file and the thumbnail. There aren't any specular, or bump map textures. So where is the shine coming from? I've run those textures through the DXTbmp program but there aren't any alpha channels. I'm guessing it must be coming from the mdl file, but if that's the case, even if I could figure out where I wouldn't be able to randomly take shine from certain areas of the aircraft could I?

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
September 19th, 2011, 04:32
The alpha layer is missing , without looking at the model's settings in 3DS i would suppose the reflections are set by the alpha layers color , there are two options with that setting , blend by diffuse alpha will have high reflections on a dark alpha , or setting that on blend diffuse by inverse of diffuse alpha will have white as full .

Easy way to check is add an alpha channel , currently without one it will read white and as its real shiny i bet it's set to inverse blend.

Best CJ

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
September 19th, 2011, 10:04
Had a reply from the contact in question it turns out he was given permission to add a panel to the Seabird Seeker SB7L and at no time had the model files in order to add a pilot figure .

Marty Strong gave Darrel permission to include his panel upload package as a complete aircraft , , , and Marty is the man to ask for permission to reopen the model for modification.

We will see if permission can be had to open the model and pop a dude in there.

falcon409
September 19th, 2011, 11:43
Here's a rework of the VC minus the pilot, lol.