PDA

View Full Version : British Spawns

rbp71854
September 11th, 2011, 17:04
Anybody know if there is a program which will cause British spawns being spawned rather than US spawns?

Thanks in advance.

Capt. Winters
September 11th, 2011, 21:52
Hi Bob,

This utility by Charlie Simpson and Martin Wright will do what your looking for.

Basically has two sets of country.xml files which the utility uses to swap between US and British spawn types as a basis for allied spawn types in game.

regards Rob.

Led Zeppelin
September 11th, 2011, 22:08
Anybody know if there is a program which will cause British spawns being spawned rather than US spawns?

Thanks in advance.
Yes.

1 -> download and install ETO V1.4

2 -> run ETO Spawn Selector and chose something else than stock mode.

rbp71854
September 11th, 2011, 23:01
Got Charlie's and Martin's. Thanks folks. Understand the concept. Creating the .bat for RS with multiple nationality selections of the stock spawns. LZ I am looking for a method to get the axis ijn/jaaf,etc nations and allied china,etc nations to spawn in random spawn mode.

Led Zeppelin
September 12th, 2011, 10:15
Random spawns are called by air.spawns and ground.spawns in all modes.

Frontline.spawns is used to generate frontlines in campaign mode.

Following spawns are used in campaign mode to generate mission goal:
ammodepot.spawns
armoredcol.spawns
armoredvehicle.spawns
artillery.spawns
bunker.spawns
cap.spawns
dugintank.spawns
infantry.spawns
intercept.spawns
recon.spawns
railtraffic.spawns
ship.spawns
sweep.spawns
spltruckcol.spawns
troopcol.spawns
troops.spawns
truckcol.spawns
train.spawns

If there is no campaign mode, just build the following modes:
- stock spawns
- random spawns disable
- random spawns enable

Check in ETO spawn folder to see how it works. Feel free to use any of the spawns I've made for ETO (XML scripts start by "CMP_").
If you want, use those files as is, just change nationalities (one click using a tool such as PsPad or Ultraedit) and file names (there are some utilities that do this in one click also).
Maybe you can select xml scripts you want and I can change nationalities and file names for you if you want.

A VERY important thing is to have air.spawns and ground.spawns in No Spawn mode. It is not the case in MAW and there are issues.

rbp71854
September 12th, 2011, 11:29
Thanks Loic for the detailed info. No campaign mode in RS at this time. Looking to get USA, British, Japan IJN and JAAF to spawn as enemy and friendly for 1st phase. In future add the other allied nations i.e CAAF, Russia and other axis nations such as Vichy French.

I tested the RAF selector concept and it does not satisfy our requirements. So will have to take the approach that was used in the ETO expansion. I know that concept works as I have modded some spawns by calling out the nationality in the spawn to get IJN items to spawn. I was just looking for a single silver bullet and was hoping that the RAF selector concept would do the job.

We can take this to the pto forum for discussion if you want and have time to help out on this. It would be appreciated.

Bob

Random spawns are called by air.spawns and ground.spawns in all modes.

Frontline.spawns is used to generate frontlines in campaign mode.

Following spawns are used in campaign mode to generate mission goal:
ammodepot.spawns
armoredcol.spawns
armoredvehicle.spawns
artillery.spawns
bunker.spawns
cap.spawns
dugintank.spawns
infantry.spawns
intercept.spawns
recon.spawns
railtraffic.spawns
ship.spawns
sweep.spawns
spltruckcol.spawns
troopcol.spawns
troops.spawns
truckcol.spawns
train.spawns

If there is no campaign mode, just build the following modes:
- stock spawns
- random spawns disable
- random spawns enable

Check in ETO spawn folder to see how it works. Feel free to use any of the spawns I've made for ETO (XML scripts start by "CMP_").
If you want, use those files as is, just change nationalities (one click using a tool such as PsPad or Ultraedit) and file names (there are some utilities that do this in one click also).
Maybe you can select xml scripts you want and I can change nationalities and file names for you if you want.

A VERY important thing is to have air.spawns and ground.spawns in No Spawn mode. It is not the case in MAW and there are issues.

Daiwilletti
September 12th, 2011, 22:23
Hi Bob,
an extra set of possibilities can be created by attaching spawns to particular facilities. Then when you fly anywhere near the facilities you would get nationality appropriate spawns.

The country.xml swapper could probably be expanded to allow for a wider range of nationalities. It is a bit of a blunt instrument as all ground spawns including ships would be called according to the nationalities in the country.xml, and it still does not address air spawns.

Also if you are going to have several global layers say 1940 1941 1942, then the facilities' names can be changed to reflect different nationalities controlling them, allowing for different spawn files to be called depending upon the date.

In the facilties file, specific spawns can be called for. I haven't tried attaching ground spawns to a facility, just air spawns.

rbp71854
September 14th, 2011, 03:23
Thanks David.

What I am tyrying to do is get around the problem that only germany will spawn for axis nations in stock spawns. There is no germany in Rising Sun, so I am modifying the stock spawns from country ID = #enemy or #friendly to nation specific such as Japan_IJN. I am then subdividing it additionally to have USA versus IJN or IJN versus USA specific modes. Additional modes can then be added so when you are in the pearl theater you would use the above modes and when you changed to the Sino theater you would have the option of changing the modes to the different combatents during the 2nd Sino War. i.e CAAF versus IJAAF.

Bob

Hi Bob,
an extra set of possibilities can be created by attaching spawns to particular facilities. Then when you fly anywhere near the facilities you would get nationality appropriate spawns.

The country.xml swapper could probably be expanded to allow for a wider range of nationalities. It is a bit of a blunt instrument as all ground spawns including ships would be called according to the nationalities in the country.xml, and it still does not address air spawns.

Also if you are going to have several global layers say 1940 1941 1942, then the facilities' names can be changed to reflect different nationalities controlling them, allowing for different spawn files to be called depending upon the date.

In the facilties file, specific spawns can be called for. I haven't tried attaching ground spawns to a facility, just air spawns.

rbp71854
September 14th, 2011, 03:27
Loic

I have started building and have completed the 1st set of batch files and modifying the stock spawn files

Can you please send me a set of clean noair spawn files? Either via my e-mail or on the team FTP.

Thanks

Bob

ndicki
September 14th, 2011, 09:11
Bit late here, but I found that the first and third countries listed in the main part of country.xml ( <Country ID= ) are those which spawn, regardless of nationality. That means that if you have your axis AI aircraft all assigned to the third nationality, and your Allied AIs to the first, you're on and will get all kinds of things spawning. I did a country.xml where in fact first and third nationalities were generic Allies and generic Axis, and held only AI entries which do not show up (necessarily) in the menu. In the menu, everything looks normal although you have two countries fewer. It's a bit heavy, but it works. All ground vehicles are assigned to the AI nationalities in any case, unless specific spawns are used.

The only problem I had was with air.spawns, where they didn't spawn. Substituting the spawns from cap.spawns but keeping the filenames solves this and seems to allow campaigns to run correctly.

I expect you knew all that... I sent it on to Ed way back for PTO, but it was a bit late, as I only found out shortly before release that there was a problem.

rbp71854
September 14th, 2011, 15:02
Thanks Nigel. Good stuff. Nope wasn't aware of this info. When Solomons was under development I was immersed in the island and some airfield work and Ed was working on the terrain and theater creation so I was oblivious to things as spawns and such. Might come in handy as a fall back position if the path I am on doesn't work to my satisfaction.

Bob

Bit late here, but I found that the first and third countries listed in the main part of country.xml ( <Country ID= ) are those which spawn, regardless of nationality. That means that if you have your axis AI aircraft all assigned to the third nationality, and your Allied AIs to the first, you're on and will get all kinds of things spawning. I did a country.xml where in fact first and third nationalities were generic Allies and generic Axis, and held only AI entries which do not show up (necessarily) in the menu. In the menu, everything looks normal although you have two countries fewer. It's a bit heavy, but it works. All ground vehicles are assigned to the AI nationalities in any case, unless specific spawns are used.

The only problem I had was with air.spawns, where they didn't spawn. Substituting the spawns from cap.spawns but keeping the filenames solves this and seems to allow campaigns to run correctly.

I expect you knew all that... I sent it on to Ed way back for PTO, but it was a bit late, as I only found out shortly before release that there was a problem.