PDA

View Full Version : Go the All Blacks!

Naki
September 8th, 2011, 13:21
Its finally here!...this time!?

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/Naki_04/untitled-2.jpg

Wing_Z
September 8th, 2011, 13:33
Absolutely...having the World Cup Rugby in NZ is a massive buzz.
Already I have been shown the finger on an Auckland motorway, by an SUV driver sporting twin Italian flags!
Lots of visitors, lots of parties, and I am at the opening game tonight!
Only downside is the internet around here sags significantly as the visitor usage must be several times the norm!

AndyG43
September 8th, 2011, 14:13
You should be alright guys; I haven't drawn you in a sweepstake this time, or placed any bets, so the jinx factor is not in play.

Tako_Kichi
September 8th, 2011, 14:13
I wish the All Black's (and all the other teams) the best of luck. I will be following the efforts of the English team and hoping they can play as well as the cricket side has been playing recently. :applause:

Firebar
September 9th, 2011, 08:35

3:)

Looking forward to another RWC, though with my support for Wales it'll probably be a short one.

Naki
September 11th, 2011, 17:43
Havent got my All Black choker yet.

Wow what an opening ceremony! The All Blacks looked great in the first half but didn't turn up for the second half ..some work to do as the Wallabies look rather dangerous if we are to meet them

The Welsh played very well and were very unlucky not get a win against the Boks. They were my pick of the Northern Hemisphere teams. It was a great game to watch. :applause: As for the English team and game....

demorier
September 11th, 2011, 19:05
Just wish they weren't running it at the same time as the other major footy code finals in these parts.

Wallabies !!!

Wing_Z
September 11th, 2011, 19:44
...Wow what an opening ceremony!...
Sure was...Auckland has never seen crowds like this.
The Waterfront is reputed to have had 200,000 people partying on into the night...
Everyone has first-game nerves, it seems...
Even Japan gave France a bit of a fright, and put up a great show!

Tako_Kichi
September 11th, 2011, 19:52
As for the English team and game....
Some things never change I guess! I wondered if they were channelling the 'old' English cricket team to be honest. They had a knack for losing to the under-dog too. :isadizzy:

At least they scraped a win in the end.

Naki
October 16th, 2011, 16:37
The final is finally here! The ABs crushed the Wallabies last night and Im one happy man after a week of been very nervous that once again we would choke.

The ABs v France...a repeat of 1987...I'm hoping the winner will be the same!

Off to see one match to soak up the atmosphere - couldn't get seats for the final (unless I paid a fortune) so this Friday I'm off to the Bronze final to see Wales and the Wallabies (also 1987 over again).

Wales were desperately unlucky not to beat a pretty terrible French side - match decided by ref. I had my eye on Wales earlier on in pool play and thought they were a very good team - very young so maybe next time?

Other stand out teams IMV were Ireland & Tonga. It was also good to see some "rugby minnows" doing better than expected like Georgia & Canada

Go the ABs!!!

rcbarend
October 16th, 2011, 16:54
Its finally here!...this time!?

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/Naki_04/untitled-2.jpg

Euhhh... This is not about the WC Baseball, is it ???

Cheers, Rob

PS: Sorry for the OT reply, but it's the first time a Dutch baseball team won the WC (yesterday) ...:icon_lol:

demorier
October 16th, 2011, 18:47
Congrat's to NZ and France for reaching the final. Come on you Kiwi's, "Bill" needs to come down to the southern hemishere powerhouse.

Francois
October 17th, 2011, 00:17
Euhhh... This is not about the WC Baseball, is it ???

Cheers, Rob

PS: Sorry for the OT reply, but it's the first time a Dutch baseball team won the WC (yesterday) ...:icon_lol:

...... and which has gone very much unnoticed to the 'rest of the world' ....... being the American continent, where we beat ALL the teams, some even multiple times... Heheh.

Now, NZ has a GREAT chance to finally win it again. Go ALL BLACKS !

Wing_Z
October 17th, 2011, 01:23
... I'm off to the Bronze final to see Wales and the Wallabies...
I have a totally bipartisan view on this; I reckon that's going to be a great match - both sides have everything to prove.

Rumour has it that if the AB's win the Final against France, Air New Zealand's new B777 will have a special delivery paint job!

PeteHam
October 23rd, 2011, 01:56
The All Blacks are the World Champs :applause: :applause: :applause:

Beat France in the final .......... YAY

Well done Guys , you did us proud.

:icon29: :icon29:

Pete.

lefty
October 23rd, 2011, 02:15
Only just,baby, only just, and lucky the ref was a bit of a 'homer'....

Still, they deserved it overall - well done the Blacks.

demorier
October 23rd, 2011, 03:22
Congrat's to NZ..new world cup champs. Bit of a drab game really, but a win is a win.:wavey:

Naki
October 23rd, 2011, 04:23
Phew!

Firebar
October 23rd, 2011, 08:48
bit dissappointing, my only consolation for wales' defeat was that france would get humiliated....

well done to NZ

how long till the next one :kilroy:

Wing_Z
October 23rd, 2011, 12:44
For the last 30 minutes of the game, Eden Park held its collective breath...

And no, the ref did not influence the outcome, he's one of the best there is.
Home game advantage certainly - but France played very well despite that.
The AB's were undefeated throughout the tournament, and they deserved the win.
Ours 'til UK 2015!

And NZ could use a little good news.
We have a city in ruins, and a major oil spill on our beaches.
Roll on, Christmas...